Social Media Tino Fa’asuamaleaui rumour

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs’ bombshell Tino Fa’asuamaleaui deal could have major salary cap implications

The Bulldogs have prepared a groundbreaking deal, which includes a share in a pub, to lure Titan Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to Canterbury - a move which could have major salary cap implications.

The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub – in a controversial ploy to secure the Maroons’ powerhouse.
We revealed in this column last weekend that Titans captain and his barnstorming teammate David Fifita were free agents following the sacking of coach Justin Holbrook.

The Bulldogs’ interest for next year and beyond is an intriguing story around the salary cap.

The club’s major sponsors, the Laundy family, have been in contact with NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo to get approval for their plan to offer Fa’asuamaleaui an investment opportunity in one of their 30 pubs across NSW - on top of his contract.

It is similar to what Melbourne Storm did last year when a number of their stars were off contract and in huge demand from rival clubs.

Chairman Matt Tripp sought - and was granted - approval for the players to be offered investment opportunities in his bookmaking firm Betr.

Arthur Laundy has confirmed he has stepped in to help Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould and coach Cameron Ciraldo to sign quality players with the pub ploy.

“It’s harder for clubs lower on the table like Canterbury and the Wests Tigers in recruitment,” he said.

“Some players will take less to try to win a competition at the stronger teams.

“That’s what we’re up against and that’s why I’m helping out.

“We’ve got to lure them in with a deal that no-one else can do.”

Laundy is so passionate about making a difference at the Bulldogs and offering assistance to players.

“You don’t want young players wasting their money on flash cars,” Laundy said.

“Their lives are back to front. Instead of doing a course and making good money in five years, footballers earn big money from the start.

“But what do they do with it? Some of them are so young.”

The billionaire hotel tycoon even says he can guarantee a 10 to 12 per cent annual return for players wanting to invest in his pubs.

And he’s even offering a money-back guarantee.

“If something was to go wrong, I’ve got enough money to guarantee them their money back,” he said.

“If they want out at the end to get married, to buy a house, I’ll buy them out.

“I’m very determined to make this work and help out Canterbury.”

Whether this is enough to convince Fa’asuamaleaui to join his old teammate Toby Sexton at Belmore remains to be seen.

And whether fans from rival clubs think it’s an unfair enticement remains to be seen.

We spoke to Fa’asuamaleaui’s agent Simon Mammino over the weekend.

“Clubs are reaching out but we’re leaving it alone until after Origin,” Mammino said.

“There was anger and emotion at first. Then he cooled down and we’ve got three months to solve it. “He’s a leader and a humble man who won’t play it out in the media.”

Apart from Canterbury, another option is Melbourne Storm, who have expressed a strong interest.

However you get the impression that the Titans are favourites.

“Tino’s preference is to stay at the titans,” Mammino said, “He was close to Justin but he is also very close with his teammates. He wants to win a comp with this group. To move away from family would be a big call for him although it doesn’t mean he won’t go.”

Fifita will also wait until after Origin to make a call on his future.

At least three clubs, including the Canberra Raiders, have reached out.

Image1688885005.138616.jpg

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tino to dogs yeah I don't think so even you offered him two pubs he will want a premiership soon and an established forward pack to slot into. I also can't see him leaving the GC region.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WWOS - KIK chance to play this week stuff it put him on bench we have Bronco

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tino to dogs yeah I don't think so even you offered him two pubs he will want a premiership soon and an established forward pack to slot into. I also can't see him leaving the GC region.
He's a better chance of winning a grand final at the dogs than titans. Big call? Yeah, but I don't see titans winning any time soon.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tino would be perfect but I reckon he stays at Titans. Not sure Laundy telling the media that we are offering shares is the best strategy. Better to keep these things on the quiet
I think they released that info after getting an indication he probably wouldn’t come…. It’s kind of free advertising to marquees, would not be surprised if a few player managers chased this up for their clients… thinking Payne Haas.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a better chance of winning Miss Universe, than this happening.

It's now put the spotlight on your salary cap.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they released that info after getting an indication he probably wouldn’t come…. It’s kind of free advertising to marquees, would not be surprised if a few player managers chased this up for their clients… thinking Payne Haas.
As a Muslim you would think shares in a pub wouldn’t work for Hass.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ and SBW are muslims. We have a strong muslim community in Punchbowl, Yagoona, Greenacre, Bankstown and Lakemba. Meaning the bankstown area.

Haas loves shoegrab which is our sponsor, and he's in Bankstown some times. Last week, he got braids done in Yagoona.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a better chance of winning a grand final at the dogs than titans. Big call? Yeah, but I don't see titans winning any time soon.
I was probably referring more to Storms interest in him but hey they the mad hatter coaching next year and he got us to 2 GF

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ and SBW are muslims. We have a strong muslim community in Punchbowl, Yagoona, Greenacre, Bankstown and Lakemba. Meaning the bankstown area.

Haas loves shoegrab which is our sponsor, and he's in Bankstown some times. Last week, he got braids done in Yagoona.
I’m talking specifically about shares in a laundy pub bro.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has got to be a ploy for something & someone else….

Why be so open about it, especially to that f’uckwit Buzz

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Double threads idk who fd up and duplicated(though Dj generally is the culprit), can we merge them mods?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a better chance of winning Miss Universe, than this happening.

It's now put the spotlight on your salary cap.
I don’t think so… if we’re under the spotlight with half our team qualifying for NSW Cup there’s something seriously wrong, Thompson & Flanno $$ is approx. 1.3M freed up. There’s something like 9 players off contract.

Storm have a similar arrangement in place offering stakes in a betting company one of their honcho owns, God only knows what the chooks are doing, Broncos as bad as most leveraging real estate from what’s rumoured… we’re the last club cast under a spotlight.

Another marquee will be coming for 24 or 25, just a matter of who.

Roscothebulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
You think Titans will win a premiership soon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Double threads idk who fd up and duplicated(though Dj generally is the culprit), can we merge them mods?
Maybe I F’d up, but it’s a rumour that’s doing the social media rounds, so belongs in the rumour section … no idea why it’s in normal Bulldogs footy chat feed ..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raise a good point, although looking at it in context, plenty of Players get sponsored by alcohol and gambling companies, Broncos have XXXX and Bundaberg Rum - technically some of their income comes from those companies… or maybe it’s a completely different type of business Laundy hooks Hass up with? (If he joins).