TIME TO BE POSITIVE & PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I believe it's time to be positive.
My reasons why and must look at it from an outside person looking in and in comparison to other teams.

1) Barrett is in the first 5 weeks of a rebuild

2) We all agree that our players (current roster) bar 2 or 3 players would struggle to make any first grade team

3) with that above our expectations should be much lower as we all agree we have a bad roster

4) we will have atleast 3 to 4 class players be purchased for 2022 in addition to the Fox and Burton who alone if in the current team would make immediate positive impact

5) Add 1 top class number 8 or 10
AND a top class 11 or 12 on top of Burton and the Fox and we have a great team on paper

6) judge Barrett by round 8-10 next year

7) now if you look at Newcastle who have been rebuilding for 5 years and have made little improvements with what was an open check book.

8) Don't forget the Eels who under current coach Arthur won 2 wooden spoons. (The Bulldogs none in recent time). Arthur has had 8 years to only in the last 2 seasons seen some improvement.

9) The Raiders under Stuart have also had years to be successful. Again only last 2 or 3 seasons seen better results (buying half the England Team)

10) I can name a few other teams that if you compare the totality of the last 5 to 6 years and the rebuilding they have gone through are equal or even worse than our current situation.

11) once I dig deep and look at the facts even though I am not happy with our recent years but I am very proud of MY Bulldogs for trying to fix our current result's and having the desire to be a powerful powerhouse team for years and years to come.

MIKEY Z

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Until #4 is confirmed and I know who we've got coming in for 2022 I'm going to be worried considering the players we've missed out on previously or just haven't gone for in general. There is still (just) enough out there for the club to sign a quality hooker, quality prop and at least a do the job centre. If they don't they deserve all the backlash they'll receive next year. No excuse for us not being competitive for the 8 next year (that doesn't mean we HAVE to make the 8).

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My reasons why and must look at it from an outside person looking in and in comparison to other teams.

2) We all agree that our players (current roster) bar 2 or 3 players would struggle to make any first grade team

3) with that above our expectations should be much lower as we all agree we have a bad roster

4) we will have atleast 3 to 4 class players be purchased for 2022 in addition to the Fox and Burton who alone if in the current team would make immediate positive impact

AND a top class 11 or 12 on top of Burton and the Fox and we have a great team on paper

7) now if you look at Newcastle who have been rebuilding for 5 years and have made little improvements with what was an open check book.

8) Don't forget the Eels who under current coach Arthur won 2 wooden spoons. (The Bulldogs none in recent time). Arthur has had 8 years to only in the last 2 seasons seen some improvement.

9) The Raiders under Stuart have also had years to be successful. Again only last 2 or 3 seasons seen better results (buying half the England Team)

10) I can name a few other teams that if you compare the totality of the last 5 to 6 years and the rebuilding they have gone through are equal or even worse than our current situation.

11) once I dig deep and look at the facts even though I am not happy with our recent years but I am very proud of MY Bulldogs for trying to fix our current result's and having the desire to be a powerful powerhouse team for years and years to come.

MIKEY Z
Stop making sense or your ass will cop a beatdown

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im a glass half empty type of bloke yet even I know not to expect too much this year.
Ive held the belief that the last 3 years was dead time and that as youve said, the rebuild begun this year.
I have expected better from the team along the way and it was fucking painful but that is in the past now.
Im not thrilled that we are 0 from 5 but at the same time Im not depressed or shattered as Ive felt the last 3 years.
I just think we will come good with time and signings. I believe Baz has a footy brain and will be capable of identifying weaknesses and doing something about them. We dont have a strong squad, we dont have depth. I also dont believe there is enough quality in the NRL (hookers halves etc)
Watching the Panthers last night and thinking to myself, when was the last time we had a player with a fully sick step.
Anywhos, fuck knows what Im on about.
Up the Doggies and I still look forward to each game.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

The only perspective is this is just a game.
At the end of the day,you can switch off the tv, go into work, spend time with your woman/women, and check out other sports.

However if we swing all the way back to the dogs, there is some reason to be concerned.

We are constantly in 'year one' of the rebuild since I have been on TK.
what rebuilding club lets 3 of their best players go? We havent gotten over the loss of Reimis,Holland and foran. It also looks like Tolman was a mistake.
All of them could have been negotiated on smart deals.

Whats more, lets look at the composition of the team. This ones on Barrett unfortunately.

in our 30.
We have 8 second rowers, but only 2 centres.

2 hookers, who both went down pre flop and we needed to draft in a random before the season even started. f me. that isnt good managemrnt.

We have two KIDS in the halves who are meant to be learning their trade. We could have had Green to help flanagan (a reject himself ) lto help teach. instead we have two kids who look like panicked chickens.....whilst waiting for another kid to come.

that would almost be forgivable, if not for the fact we already had Green signed, and when he left, we had one of the all time great attacking halves, benji marshall standing out the front saying 'yo sup?' to us hoping to get signed. At min rate.

But no, barrett was 'no bro, despite coming in cheap, and being a mentor for your lil' bro and to teach our young halves how to play with themselves, and needing a half for one year only until Burton comes, fuck ya, we are going to debut Averillo there instead and move him somewhere else wheverever' in a year.

That was a gift, delivered on a silver platter from el jannah with garlic sauce for free.

CAN U FEEL WHERE IM AT!!?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

At the end of the day,you can switch off the tv, go into work, spend time with your woman/women, and check out other sports.

However if we swing all the way back to the dogs, there is some reason to be concerned.

what rebuilding club lets 3 of their best players go? We havent gotten over the loss of Reimis,Holland and foran. It also looks like Tolman was a mistake.

Whats more, lets look at the composition of the team. This ones on Barrett unfortunately.

in our 30.

2 hookers, who both went down pre flop and we needed to draft in a random before the season even started. f me. that isnt good managemrnt.

We have two KIDS in the halves who are meant to be learning their trade. We could have had Green to help flanagan (a reject himself ) lto help teach. instead we have two kids who look like panicked chickens.....whilst waiting for another kid to come.

that would almost be forgivable, if not for the fact we already had Green signed, and when he left, we had one of the all time great attacking halves, benji marshall standing out the front saying 'yo sup?' to us hoping to get signed. At min rate.

But no, barrett was 'no bro, despite coming in cheap, and being a mentor for your lil' bro and to teach our young halves how to play with themselves, and needing a half for one year only until Burton comes, fuck ya, we are going to debut Averillo there instead and move him somewhere else wheverever' in a year.

That was a gift, delivered on a silver platter from el jannah with garlic sauce for free.

All I read was Garlic Sauce.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

in our 30.

I like your vent.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score

MIKEY Z
If it makes you feel better.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
All valid points. My only issue is Barrett is an unknown and I'm still very skeptical about him and definitely wouldn't have been my first choice. Anyway he is here now, so we've got no choice but to wait and see.
I'm happy to eat my words.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our draw after the cows game looks tough just sayin

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing about Newcastle is they stuffed up where they spent their best money... Ponga/Klemmer/Pearce are hardly worth close to a mil each... We need to make sure the highest paid dont become injury prone duds.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

in our 30.

This is the most accurate post I have read on the kennel in a long time.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thankyou.
That is the value of Nasheed. A lot of insight and intellect. Both on the analytical and street front.
Reimis our worst winger in years that played with absolutely no heart?
Holland our worst centre in years?
Foran plays 1 week in every 4?
4th tackle Tolman?
YOU HAVE NO IDEA NASHEED!!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im a glass half empty type of bloke yet even I know not to expect too much this year.
Ive held the belief that the last 3 years was dead time and that as youve said, the rebuild begun this year.
I have expected better from the team along the way and it was fucking painful but that is in the past now.
Im not thrilled that we are 0 from 5 but at the same time Im not depressed or shattered as Ive felt the last 3 years.
I just think we will come good with time and signings. I believe Baz has a footy brain and will be capable of identifying weaknesses and doing something about them. We dont have a strong squad, we dont have depth. I also dont believe there is enough quality in the NRL (hookers halves etc)
Watching the Panthers last night and thinking to myself, when was the last time we had a player with a fully sick step.
Anywhos, fuck knows what Im on about.
Up the Doggies and I still look forward to each game.
Barrett's press interview last week shows that he knows what the problems are, and is determined to fix it; but he admitted that he lacks the troops.
Some of our promising players haven't had enough experience, and there are a few plodders not pulling their weight. He said that he can only work with what he's got. That's a sure sign that he will look for replacements when good players become available.

Bringing up youngsters who aren't ready for first grade would be cruel to their development; and we shouldn't keep buying other team discards for a temporary solution - it doesn't work; and it upsets the team development. Mind you, we were mad not to chase Benji.

We should let Baz develop the team into a working unit; and that means this year is a write off. Any wins will be gold.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

in our 30.

Nice post Rashweed! I am somwhat in a state of bewilderment that I am finding myself agreeing with you. Then again it is Sunday morning and I did partake in a bit of a sip last night. I might go back to bed and see how I feel about this later today.....

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett's press interview last week shows that he knows what the problems are, and is determined to fix it; but he admitted that he lacks the troops.
Some of our promising players haven't had enough experience, and there are a few plodders not pulling their weight. He said that he can only work with what he's got. That's a sure sign that he will look for replacements when good players become available.

Bringing up youngsters who aren't ready for first grade would be cruel to their development; and we shouldn't keep buying other team discards for a temporary solution - it doesn't work; and it upsets the team development. Mind you, we were mad not to chase Benji.

We should let Baz develop the team into a working unit; and that means this year is a write off. Any wins will be gold.
Think this was the case in the past. Dont think Avo was ready when he was blooded. Anyways...