TIME TO BE BRAVE

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a positive note, I'm backing Averillo and Wakeman to break into first grade this year. These 2 along with CHN on that left edge could turn out to be lethal.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate aren't you contradicting yourself ?
To build the 2021 team it starts on the 1/11/2019
The way I look at it
If they do FINE
If they don't FAIL
Re read your last message you said 1/11/2020?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read nothing but negative stories about the club, and from the usual suspects.
The club inherited a mess. We all agree on that. Before we can move forward, we have to rationalise what we have.
The finances are not bottomless. We have to get as much quality at the right price. I think we are doing that.
People on here speak about spending a million here and a million there. Its not going to happen.
The juniors we have are promising. However, they need to make the next step to be genuine first graders. I think a lot will do that.
Someone once said that Rome wasnt built in a day. We are the modern day Rome. Just be patient.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think when some people voice frustrations with the board, they're also referring to the CEO, chairperson and all of the powers that be in a general sense..

I agree with Spoonman that getting a whole new ticket to take over at board level isn't that easy but at the same time the CEO, Chairperson and Coach can easily be replaced if they are deemed to have not done a good enough job. Their performance in those roles in 2020 will be pivotal in deciding their future with the club one way or the other..

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Re read your last message you said 1/11/2020?
Meaning signing players in 2020 for 2021 season
I think when some people voice frustrations with the board, they're also referring to the CEO, chairperson and all of the powers that be in a general sense..

I agree with Spoonman that getting a whole new ticket to take over at board level isn't that easy but at the same time the CEO, Chairperson and Coach can easily be replaced if they are deemed to have not done a good enough job. Their performance in those roles in 2020 will be pivotal in deciding their future with the club one way or the other..
It's precisely what I am talking about
I am not saying we should judge anyone for 2020 season.
But can we afford to fail in signing players needed for 2021 after wiping out almost all our top roster in order to rebuild ???

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I said no team has announced signings for 2021. Just because we didn’t announce signings on 1st of November it doesn’t mean we aren’t making any.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's precisely what I am talking about
I am not saying we should judge anyone for 2020 season.
But can we afford to fail in signing players needed for 2021 after wiping out almost all our top roster in order to rebuild ???
No, we can't afford for the 2021 cap space to be wasted. They inherited a mess and deserved two years to clean it up and they've done a good job of that.

But now the hard part comes and that's spending the cap space they worked so hard to make available. And if they get that wrong, then absolutely they should come under intense scrutiny and have their positions reviewed. If they make great decisions and take the club to the next level, then they all deserve to get extended.

This season everyone needs to be held accountable and hopefully this brings out the best in those involved.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I said no team has announced signings for 2021. Just because we didn’t announce signings on 1st of November it doesn’t mean we aren’t making any.
Time will be the judge of all

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
On a positive note, I'm backing Averillo and Wakeman to break into first grade this year. These 2 along with CHN on that left edge could turn out to be lethal.
If Pay gives them a go...that's the worry.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, we can't afford for the 2021 cap space to be wasted. They inherited a mess and deserved two years to clean it up and they've done a good job of that.

But now the hard part comes and that's spending the cap space they worked so hard to make available. And if they get that wrong, then absolutely they should come under intense scrutiny and have their positions reviewed. If they make great decisions and take the club to the next level, then they all deserve to get extended.

This season everyone needs to be held accountable and hopefully this brings out the best in those involved.
We have been forced to waste enough time
I am hoping they will successfully rebuild
Then we will go back to worrying about who we are going to beat next

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Pay gives them a go...that's the worry.
Let's hope they live up to expectations
We have to remember sometimes the best talent isn't always the one for the position.
A lot goes on behind the scene we don't know about.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The biggest worry is that they need to prove they are good enough. I trust Pay to make the best decisions.
This is exactly right. If players don’t step up it’s their own fault. We also don’t see what happens day in and day out. The coaching staff do and they are a lot more experienced than kennelers

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is exactly right. If players don’t step up it’s their own fault. We also don’t see what happens day in and day out. The coaching staff do and they are a lot more experienced than kennelers
I agree, attitude is the prime reason for success or failure !
Coach and coaching staff are extremely essential in guiding young talents to achieve their full potential !!!