Timana Tahu accused of race abuse against youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
He is denying it now..

EMBATTLED rugby league star Timana Tahu last night described as "laughable" claims that he racially vilified a 16-year-old Aboriginal youth at a weekend knockout carnival.

In a TV interview, Tahu suggested "my own people are out to get me" in response to claims he had labelled the youth a "black c ... " as he played in a match at Woy Woy.

"There was a lot of trash talk on both sides of the field but I never heard racial slurs from anyone on the side," Tahu said.

"It is something I am very shocked at. My own people are out to get me."

But the members of the Northern United rugby league side who alleged Tahu made the comment against his teenage rival are adamant the NRL star used the derogatory term.

The Australian Rugby League Indigenous Council has launched an investigation into the claims.

Council member William "Smiley" Johnstone has been handed the difficult task of attempting to bring both parties together to resolve the issue.

A Northern United sponsor who alleged he heard Tahu utter the term "black c ... " was last night angered at the tone of the star's denial, maintaining the Eels centre uttered the insult.

"We are not budging. The club always stands behind the boys," John Bryce said.

The Parramatta club has engaged the services of the same senior member of the indigenous community who mediated the Andrew Johns-Tahu racial row earlier this year - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander commissioner Mick Gooda - to investigate the allegations.

The NSWRL has also offered to assist in handling any formal racial vilification complaint, if the Northern United coach Chris Binge - the father of the youth at the centre of the drama - decides to take the matter further. But The Daily Telegraph understands Mr Binge is unlikely to want to push ahead with a formal complaint.

Source: Telecrap
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...says-timana-tahu/story-e6frexnr-1225935661445

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Another story stinking of BS!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty much adament that Tahu did this now tbh.

His own people are out to get him? Get fckd. He's guilty if you ask me. And he's a nutcase.

I can't believe the Parra club are sticking their head in the sand about this issue and blindly supporting him. They'll do nything to avoid turmoil brew at their club, even if it means covering up their issues.

Fcking scum.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
I'm pretty much adament that Tahu did this now tbh.

His own people are out to get him? Get fckd. He's guilty if you ask me. And he's a nutcase.

I can't believe the Parra club are sticking their head in the sand about this issue and blindly supporting him. They'll do nything to avoid turmoil brew at their club, even if it means covering up their issues.

Fcking scum.
If it is legit how can anything this guy says be taken seriously. He managed to deface Joey Johns and the blues camp with his little sook about racism (which wasn't even directed at him) and now he goes and does the same thing to a CHILD.

I know he will now have to take responsibility for his own actions, but honestly people like this should be getting punished by the NRL. We don't expect all players to be model citizens, but to go this far DURING a game in the sport he represents in front of people who no doubt idolize this fool - what an embarrassment for himself, his club, and the NRL. Should be treated like an intentional high tackle and be given 8-10 weeks to think about what an idiot he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.