Timana Tahu accused of race abuse against youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
TIMANA Tahu, the man at the centre of the NSW Origin racism row, has been accused of racially vilifying a 16-year-old Aboriginal boy at a Koori Knockout league tournament.
<!-- google_ad_section_end(name=story_introduction) --><!-- // .story-intro --><!-- google_ad_section_start(name=story_body, weight=high) -->
Northern United coach Chris Binge claims his son Caleb had reported that Tahu called him a "black c ... " at the weekend.

The Parramatta Eels last night engaged the services of a lawyer to act on Tahu's behalf after the allegations came to light. The solicitor told The Daily Telegraph Tahu had "repeatedly and strenuously" denied the claims.

Tahu alleges he himself was the victim of verbal abuse during the tournament in Woy Woy.
Mr Binge, Northern United sponsor John Bryce, captain Willie Hammond and vice-captain Alwyn Roberts have all gone on the record to state that Tahu made the remark. Mr Bryce, who runs Meridian Health Family Medical Centre in Lismore, said: "It happened. I heard it. The young guys hold this guy in fairly high esteem and to hear him use the words was just unbelievable.

<!-- // .story-sidebar -->"To have him stand up on national TV not that long ago and belittle someone else for using the same terminology is just hypocritical."

Tahu tipped the NSW State of Origin camp upside down ahead of the series-deciding Origin II match in June when he quit the Blues camp on the NSW North Coast.

The protest developed into a hardline political stance from the Parramatta centre, who was angered after Blues assistant coach Andrew Johns referred to Queensland centre Greg Inglis as a "black c ... ".
At the time, Tahu said a line needed to be drawn in the sand in relation to racism in rugby league.
Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne yesterday spoke to Tahu, Mr Binge and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner Mick Gooda.

"I spoke to Timana, who's denied the allegation. However, I've also spoken to the father of the young boy in question and I'll be speaking to Mick Gooda to seek his counsel on how best to handle the situation," Osborne said.

"I intend to have Mick Gooda speak to Timana. We're happy to work with the Binge family."
Mr Gooda is the man who handled the Tahu-Johns race row and mediated the pair to eventually come together to attempt to find a resolution.

Binge is a talented 16-year-old who has been on a Broncos scholarship for the past two seasons and is set to make his Toyota Cup debut for Brisbane next year.

"Like Timana said at the time of the Origin camp, there's a line and you don't cross it," Mr Binge Sr said.
"Well, what, you don't cross it if it's black on white but it's OK to cross if you're black on black?
"At the end of the day, regardless of colour or the situation, it's not on.

"My young bloke used to look up to Tahu. This isn't sour grapes [or] a witch hunt, we're genuinely shocked."
In a separate incident against United, Tahu was also accused of lashing out with a kick and was later sin-binned for five minutes for a swinging arm against Mungindi.

Club officials and supporters stormed the field in protest before Tahu was sin-binned.
Northern United captain Willie Hammond also claimed he heard the racial slur.

"After all the stuff that went on with him and Joey it's pretty sad for him to come out and say stuff like that," Hammond, 33, said.

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
TIMANA Tahu, the man at the centre of the NSW Origin racism row, has been accused of racially vilifying a 16-year-old Aboriginal boy at a Koori Knockout league tournament.

Northern United coach Chris Binge claims his son Caleb had reported that Tahu called him a "black c ... " at the weekend.

The Parramatta Eels last night engaged the services of a lawyer to act on Tahu's behalf after the allegations came to light. The solicitor told The Daily Telegraph Tahu had "repeatedly and strenuously" denied the claims.

Tahu alleges he himself was the victim of verbal abuse during the tournament in Woy Woy.

Mr Binge, Northern United sponsor John Bryce, captain Willie Hammond and vice-captain Alwyn Roberts have all gone on the record to state that Tahu made the remark. Mr Bryce, who runs Meridian Health Family Medical Centre in Lismore, said: "It happened. I heard it. The young guys hold this guy in fairly high esteem and to hear him use the words was just unbelievable.

"To have him stand up on national TV not that long ago and belittle someone else for using the same terminology is just hypocritical."

Tahu tipped the NSW State of Origin camp upside down ahead of the series-deciding Origin II match in June when he quit the Blues camp on the NSW North Coast.

The protest developed into a hardline political stance from the Parramatta centre, who was angered after Blues assistant coach Andrew Johns referred to Queensland centre Greg Inglis as a "black c ... ".

At the time, Tahu said a line needed to be drawn in the sand in relation to racism in rugby league.

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne yesterday spoke to Tahu, Mr Binge and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner Mick Gooda.

"I spoke to Timana, who's denied the allegation. However, I've also spoken to the father of the young boy in question and I'll be speaking to Mick Gooda to seek his counsel on how best to handle the situation," Osborne said.

"I intend to have Mick Gooda speak to Timana. We're happy to work with the Binge family."

Mr Gooda is the man who handled the Tahu-Johns race row and mediated the pair to eventually come together to attempt to find a resolution.

Binge is a talented 16-year-old who has been on a Broncos scholarship for the past two seasons and is set to make his Toyota Cup debut for Brisbane next year.

"Like Timana said at the time of the Origin camp, there's a line and you don't cross it," Mr Binge Sr said.

"Well, what, you don't cross it if it's black on white but it's OK to cross if you're black on black?

"At the end of the day, regardless of colour or the situation, it's not on.

"My young bloke used to look up to Tahu. This isn't sour grapes [or] a witch hunt, we're genuinely shocked."

In a separate incident against United, Tahu was also accused of lashing out with a kick and was later sin-binned for five minutes for a swinging arm against Mungindi.

Club officials and supporters stormed the field in protest before Tahu was sin-binned.

Northern United captain Willie Hammond also claimed he heard the racial slur.

"After all the stuff that went on with him and Joey it's pretty sad for him to come out and say stuff like that," Hammond, 33, said.

Source: Telecrap
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...se-against-youth/story-e6frexnr-1225935142323

Well well well Mr Tahu.. Now the shoe is on the other foot..

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have had different media reports as to what the c.... is in "black c...." that Andrew Johns said. One newspaper said it was ****, the other said it was coon.

Tahu has proved he is a munter of the highest order.

- Saying the NSW jersey was more important than any other jersey he wore, then walking out
- Saying he was setting an example for his kids - then the next week using a closed fist on a Newcastle player

Now this.

This guy is an oxygen thief.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol Tahu.

I said it back at the time when this all came out about Johns and Tahu that I thought he was a precious little fairy.

Can I be the first to use the "pot calling the kettle black" joke

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sherwin_7

Shifty Sherwin
Reaction score
lol Tahu.

I said it back at the time when this all came out about Johns and Tahu that I thought he was a precious little fairy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I was waiting for someone to use that.. Hahaha.. Nice Work..

M

mongoose

racist abuse? arent they both 'black' thus making the whole thing pointless?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha f*cking inbred.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Either Tahu is an oxygen thief of the highest order, or this kid is hilarious.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL he's fcking pathetic. Nice political stance, racist.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
lol Tahu.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHA

& Also, WTF Tahu, LOL. ****ing idiot!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Could you imagine how many people were called Black C*nts at this tournament? I was calling them black c*nts just watching from home.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said on another thread that I watched Tahu play a few games in the Koori knockout and i've seen him play plenty of NRL this year.
This guy is in serious need a brain scan and a good neurosurgeon (if he's not on steroids) because his behaviour is not normal.
The bloke acts like a f.......g fruitloop !

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Good, I hope this prick is banned from a representative career for life.

PS - refer to my sig ;)

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S - I know Chris Binge and he is an upstanding and well respected member of the community and the rugby league fraternity of northern NSW

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good, I hope this prick is banned from a representative career for life.

PS - refer to my sig ;)
He won't make a rep side again anyway.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
biggest tosser in the NRL, I have seen him at a few nightclubs - he thinks he is god! totally up himself!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This doesn't really sound right tbh

Tahu would have to be the epitome of "****witt" to do something like this. It's that unbelievable.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This doesn't really sound right tbh

Tahu would have to be the epitome of "****witt" to do something like this. It's that unbelievable.
Putting all bias aside, it still sounds possible. Tahu seems mentally off.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Putting all bias aside, it still sounds possible. Tahu seems mentally off.
It's definitely possible! It's just that warped I almost don't want to believe it because it's that pathetic lol

The bloke has always seemed a few screws loose, and always come across as a sook. He should never have been allowed to return to the NRL. He's abused it as his "right" to return to the game and only brought shame to the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.