Tim Lafai - 2011 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4L

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury centre Tim Lafai and Penrith prop Junior Paulo are the latest players rumoured to be heading to Parramatta next season, along with North Queensland's Willie Tonga. The Eels have already signed Tonga's brother Esi from the Titans, Rabbitohs halfback Chris Sandow and Bulldogs five-eighth Ben Roberts.

source SMH
They wont sign him they already have both Tongas,Loko,Morgan,Smith..Thats 4 decent centers!

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim Lafai reminds me so much of Matt Cooper. This guy is the real deal. He is so reliable it's not funny. Tim has all the skills and will be a star one day. In my opinion, he's the best centre in the club.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of our best last night. Great individual try too. He is coming along very nicely. Still a bit of improving to go but I think in a few years he will be an awesome player.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One of our best last night. Great individual try too. He is coming along very nicely. Still a bit of improving to go but I think in a few years he will be an awesome player.
agree he didnt do much things flash, but was really good and will only get better with time.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Reminds of a fleet footed Willie Tonga in 04.

He is gradually improving and gains more and more confidence as each week goes past.

There is a still a question mark on how he will go playing right centre..

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tim Lafai is not in this week, Jmoz is in yet I would have preffered wright get dropped and Tim get another run.. Or is it because of the spanking we copped in the Toyota Cup that he is back there??

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would have rather seen Idris get dropped or moved to the back row. Morris deserved to be dropped, but not before Idris, that's for certain.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would have rather seen Idris get dropped or moved to the back row. Morris deserved to be dropped, but not before Idris, that's for certain.
Idris in the back row coming off the bench i would agree.. Morris and and Goodwin in the centres together with Turner and Lafai on the Wings
Barba in the FB role (He must improve sooner or later with the defence and Positonal play)

I guess its really the engine room thats concerning me.. Sam and Aiden cant do it by themselves.. Hopefully Romelo and Pritchard would step up another gear.. The beast,Bobcat,Halatau,Payne must stop the roll on up the field from the Cowboys or its another long night for all concerned..

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idris in the back row coming off the bench i would agree.. Morris and and Goodwin in the centres together with Turner and Lafai on the Wings
Barba in the FB role (He must improve sooner or later with the defence and Positonal play)

I guess its really the engine room thats concerning me.. Sam and Aiden cant do it by themselves.. Hopefully Romelo and Pritchard would step up another gear.. The beast,Bobcat,Halatau,Payne must stop the roll on up the field from the Cowboys or its another long night for all concerned..
Was there a problem between Goodwin and Moore??

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
dont understand what the kid did wrong for him to be dropped

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh, the rest of this season we have 1 too many centres unless an injury occurs, but with Idris leaving, we will see lots more of Lafai next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.