Tim Browne condition - Just concussed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The flaw in the game rules is disgraceful... To see a team down a player through a careless and reckless tackle is just absurd.. What if it's a Grand Final..? Actually such a play is why I didn't vote Baa Baa as the best Bulldog..I remember his illegal hit on Ellery Hanley in the 1988 GF against Balmain.. Before any one goes off..today's incident is the same..both players felled by a careless act by a defender that left one team down a interchange..in 88 it was a complete replacement..Hanely never came back..and the Tigers were down their most potent attacking weapon.

I say if it's a complete accident..determined by the video ref..an 18th man should be on standby to replace the injured player directly or replace an interchange place on the bench if the injured player is replaced by an original member of the 17.. if the injured player leaves the field.. The offender remains on the field but on report.

If it's deemed a foul play then send the offender off ..and the 18th man comes in again if the injured player leaves the field..and as before the coach has the option to replace the injured player directly with the 18th man or leave him on the interchange and replace the injured player with a member of the original member of the 17.

If the felled player is ruled out of the rest of the match the 18th man remains playing for the remanding duration of the game..

Well that's what I'd do..because if the non offending team loses their player they are the one disadvantaged in the long term..not the offending team..if anything the gain is to the offending team for the rest of the game being a player up!

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still reeling from the frenzy of bile spewed our way over Graham's hit on Reynolds. Accident or not, the media wanted the toughest stand taken. Let's see how quickly they climb down from their high horses to tell us that this wasn't as bad.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW- best wishes to Tim for a full and speedy recovery.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope Tim is ok. Nasty hit on him.

Question a referee and you get sum binned. Belt someone with a swinging arm and it's just on report. Knowing the NRL he will probably only get 1-2 weeks. It's examples line this where the loading rules should not apply.
You classify what klemmer said to the ref last week as "questioning the ref?" C'mon.

ABZ500

Waterboy
Reaction score
u might as well go out and go in with a swinging arm on the oppositions best players and all u miss is a few weeks!!!thats bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.