Tiger air Advice Needed

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need Some advice about what I should do..

we've got a flight with damnTiger to Perth the coming Monday.. we need to arrive in Perth 100% by next Tuesday there's no 2 ways about it..

now this damn Tiger flight is only 25% full.. I'm no expert on this but does this mean there would be a high chance Tiger will cancel this flight?

we've heard tiger does cancel flights often..

should we just try to get a Tiger credit and buy the flight with another airline just incase even without any if the Tiger flight is cancelled..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only flown Tiger 4 times but never had a flight cancelled. That said, I did have one delayed by 6 hours.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Only flown Tiger 4 times but never had a flight cancelled. That said, I did have one delayed by 6 hours.
6 hours wtf? That's bad. Did they credit you in any way to make up for it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
6 hours wtf? That's bad. Did they credit you in any way to make up for it?
Nope. And they didn't tell us about the delay until 10 minutes after boarding time.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If you absolutely have to be somewhere by a certain time, you should not book Tiger.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Need Some advice about what I should do..

we've got a flight with damnTiger to Perth the coming Monday.. we need to arrive in Perth 100% by next Tuesday there's no 2 ways about it..

now this damn Tiger flight is only 25% full.. I'm no expert on this but does this mean there would be a high chance Tiger will cancel this flight?

we've heard tiger does cancel flights often..

should we just try to get a Tiger credit and buy the flight with another airline just incase even without any if the Tiger flight is cancelled..
You'd be surprised at how many planes fly with very few passengers. Some airliners will send empty planes on routes in order not to lose the gate/spot to another airliner. You should be right barring any delays.

In the future, book with any other airline other than Tiger. Just remember "you get what you pay for".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tiger get lower runway priority than most other carriers (Scoot I think are lower). For domestic they are towards bottom of the large players, with regional aircraft underneath.

Fly Virgin if its important.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Tiger get lower runway priority than most other carriers (Scoot I think are lower). For domestic they are towards bottom of the large players, with regional aircraft underneath.

Fly Virgin if its important.
Agree. @_G-Dog_ even Jetstar are shit. I remember I was once on the same flight as my brother-in-law... until we got to the automatic check-in and they moved him to an earlier flight... WITHOUT HIM KNOWING! He had to bolt to the gate to get there on time. But that wasn't the kicker. The kicker is that neither flight, mine and his, were not at maximum capacity, so there was absolutely NO NEED for him to be moved, despite the fact that we already BOOKED OUR FLIGHT months earlier.

Shittest of shit!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree. @_G-Dog_ even Jetstar are shit. I remember I was once on the same flight as my brother-in-law... until we got to the automatic check-in and they moved him to an earlier flight... WITHOUT HIM KNOWING! He had to bolt to the gate to get there on time. But that wasn't the kicker. The kicker is that neither flight, mine and his, were not at maximum capacity, so there was absolutely NO NEED for him to be moved, despite the fact that we already BOOKED OUR FLIGHT months earlier.

Shittest of shit!
Jetstar are a complete joke. I have 3 friends who have flown Jetstar in the last 6 months (different flights, different times) and all of them lost their luggage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Jetstar are a complete joke. I have 3 friends who have flown Jetstar in the last 6 months (different flights, different times) and all of them lost their luggage.
No surprise there. Whoever run Jetstar couldn’t run a brothel in Amsterdam - and those things run themselves!

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No surprise there. Whoever run Jetstar couldn’t run a brothel in Amsterdam - and those things run themselves!
They are an offshoot of Qantas. Run horribly though the only airline worse than them in Australia is Tiger

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tiger is a **** of an airline, i promised i will never fly with them again but i had to cause it was the only one available during the time for my destination and the time.

It was at Melbourne airport and i was coming back home to brisbane so naturally i will go to domestic terminal an hour prior to boarding. I got there 1,5 hours earlier and was told i missed my flight cos the boarding closes 2 hours prior and the flight was from international terminal. I opened the itinerary and told the fuckwits where does it tell me the flight is from international terminal ? the fuckwit said , it says terminal 4 which is the international terminal. I was like how the fuck i would know terminal 4 is international? Atleast fucken tell me or sms me that we are doing something out of the ordinary like flying domestic flights from international terminals ffs

Wahesh

Reaction score
Tiger is a **** of an airline, i promised i will never fly with them again but i had to cause it was the only one available during the time for my destination and the time.

It was at Melbourne airport and i was coming back home to brisbane so naturally i will go to domestic terminal an hour prior to boarding. I got there 1,5 hours earlier and was told i missed my flight cos the boarding closes 2 hours prior and the flight was from international terminal. I opened the itinerary and told the fuckwits where does it tell me the flight is from international terminal ? the fuckwit said , it says terminal 4 which is the international terminal. I was like how the fuck i would know terminal 4 is international? Atleast fucken tell me or sms me that we are doing something out of the ordinary like flying domestic flights from international terminals ffs
FMD you’re funny Zee :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: freaking love ya bro!

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to rate Virgin Blue but the last 4 times, they have been at least 45mins late. With one flight being delayed by 6 hours. (no recompense, voucher nothing). It was due to 'Engineering Issues'. Qantas is about the only one I'd fly if I had to be somewhere.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tiger to perth fuck that Qantas free piss and movies with more leg room the whole way.
Remember wed to Friday 3pm to 6pm the shipand dock hotel at Henderson where the strippers rough you up and demand you grab their tits

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Virgin and Qantas both fly hourly between Brisbane and Melbourne though.

Btw, terminal 4 at Tullamarine is the budget airline terminal and terminal 2 is international. No wonder you were confused :p

But seriously, Tiger is so not worth it.

One problem I now see is many destinations previously serviced mostly by QF have been flicked to Deathstar, Gold Coast being a good example.

Fwiw, I fly exclusively with Virgin domestically and Singapore international. Virgins lack of being part of the major alliances can be annoying internationally, but their FF points never fall off the back. I just booked my parents on a flight to Hong kong on the points I'd saved over the past 6 or so years.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to rate Virgin Blue but the last 4 times, they have been at least 45mins late. With one flight being delayed by 6 hours. (no recompense, voucher nothing). It was due to 'Engineering Issues'. Qantas is about the only one I'd fly if I had to be somewhere.
6 hours? Were you flying from a regional airport? That sucks.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Drove a mate 45 minutes to gc airport at 9pm. At 10pm flight cancelled. Told to come back in morning. That flight also delayed 3 hours. Nice.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Drove a mate 45 minutes to gc airport at 9pm. At 10pm flight cancelled. Told to come back in morning. That flight also delayed 3 hours. Nice.
I know a guy who lives and works on the CG in a job that requires him to fly all over the country.

He loves living on the Coast, but he said it sucks that the majority of flights he has to take to various places around the country are on Jetstar as they are the biggest airline serving Coolongatta. It also means no accumulation of FF miles. His employer probably likes saving the money.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
6 hours? Were you flying from a regional airport? That sucks.
Sydney to Brissy. Spent about $100 at Movida, lots of walking through the crappy terminal it is with all the upgrades going on. Coffees, donuts, more beers just to waste time. We only just squeezed on the later flight, last two seats at the back otherwise it would have been another hour.