Throwback Round 23, 2004

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
http://instagr.am/p/CbRDxvNl2uE/
DOGS OF WAR BABY, please show this to the boys before the game
Thank for posting that.

I'm from Sydney and flew up to Brisbane for that game.

Bought an individual ticket to the game and so was in the middle of all the rednex mofo Broncos fans.

I was pretty quiet at first but not at the end and fair to say the people around me weren't too happy with me.

Awesome game - platform for us winning the comp that year.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the best seasons from a halfback for any team in the history of RL by Sherwin in 2004. Those highlights alone show just how good he was that season, in everything, constantly testing the opposition.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Brent Sherwin was the second best Halfback in the NRL in 2004 behind Andrew Johns. He should've played Origin when Joey was injured.

Our 2004 team was so good. Everyone knew their role and played to their strengths.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember this game so clearly. We towelled that Broncos team. Best dogs team ever and i have been following since 1984... Sbw Omeley and Mason destroyed their forwards. What a game!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That last try... Mason to Price to Sbw to Tonga... wow what a team.. sorry still stuck in old days..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our second try that day, look at how quick they passed it from dummy half along the line, straight to the chest. Far cry from the passing efforts of today.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those were the days, was a privilege to watch those guys in the blue and white, just beautiful I tell ya :hearteyes:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Andrew Ryans hands were so under rated, really was like having an extra 5/8

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Offloading.
Backing up.
What a bunch of smart players who knew what to do to win.
Can't wait to enjoy watching that kind of footy team again.
This! If can instil some these behaviours into the current group, it will pay off. I can see why Mason, Sherwin and SBW are back at the club.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That game was important for many other reasons. That same round of as also the grand final rematch of Roosters and Panthers. Between those two and the combatants of this game - they made up the top 4.

I distinctly remember 2 DT articles pre and post this weekend.

Fridays headline as along the lines of - who’s gonna stand up of these 4?

Mondays article was along the lines of “Look who stood up”

Also - These kids will never know the pain of having to watch this on 9 back in the day.. when this was televised at 4pm.. but kicked off at 3.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That last try... Mason to Price to Sbw to Tonga... wow what a team.. sorry still stuck in old days..
Those glory days are hard to give up.
Our team played the best brand of footy possible. Strong, fast and skillful.

May it return :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That game was important for many other reasons. That same round of as also the grand final rematch of Roosters and Panthers. Between those two and the combatants of this game - they made up the top 4.

I distinctly remember 2 DT articles pre and post this weekend.

Fridays headline as along the lines of - who’s gonna stand up of these 4?

Mondays article was along the lines of “Look who stood up”

Also - These kids will never know the pain of having to watch this on 9 back in the day.. when this was televised at 4pm.. but kicked off at 3.
I remember this game so clearly. We towelled that Broncos team. Best dogs team ever and i have been following since 1984... Sbw Omeley and Mason destroyed their forwards. What a game!
And you know if you superimpose our current players into those guys...they def do seem to have the ability (if they click and play out of their skins) to be at least a little bit compared to them, if they can build some momentum and confidence and self belief.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://instagr.am/p/CbRDxvNl2uE/
DOGS OF WAR BABY, please show this to the boys before the game
I remember that was the most clinical performance I’ve ever since from a dogs team in my life, considering it was against a such a powerful Broncos team full of rep players in their own backyard at Suncorp and coached by the great Wayne Bennett. Nothing comes close to that performance!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember that was the most clinical performance I’ve ever since from a dogs team in my life, considering it was against a such a powerful Broncos team full of rep players in their own backyard at Suncorp and coached by the great Wayne Bennett. Nothing comes close to that performance!!
I think the 40-12 game against the Roosters the same year was up there.

Only difference is it was against 12 men after Hodges was given his marching orders. But we were on top by then.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the 40-12 game against the Roosters the same year was up there.

Only difference is it was against 12 men after Hodges was given his marching orders. But we were on top by then.
It certainly was was up there and the game where Willie Tonga came of age. it was a good payback for the 35-0 they gave us earlier in the year.