Three Horse Race

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who will win, who will improve and who will end up looking like a donkey?

Dogs, Tigers and Once were warriors are all starting over again, who will get the desired coach, recruit well and actually and play finals football first?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying this with my blue & white sunnies on.. but with Gus helping in recruitment I see us improving our roster dramatically next 2 years.. that will lead to onfield results..

NZ and Tigers will struggle to recruit as well as us..

Its been a longtime for us but i really think we will be alot better in 2 years.. apart from coaches weve recruited bog average players for a longtime now.. i cant see that continuening under Gus..

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With next years lineup on paper you would expect finals footy however it’s reliant on who coaches us and if the halfback dilemma is sorted. Next two years god willing will be a breath of fresh air Gus knows what his doing.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Which group of players are the biggest coach killers?

The rosters are peak for all teams.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I reckon Gus has it in the bag.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Based on current squad and 2023 lineups. Dogs are behind warriors and Tigers. We need a halfback more importantly than a coach.

Tigers with a better coach will leap ahead of us with the squad they have, warriors back home next year and will have access once again to a whole country full of juniors.

We have Okenbur Flanagan Wadell and other plodders...

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We will win a grand final before the others. That includes titans and Parra is they don't win it this year. Once we get that base right and we are getting there the dogs will be barking. Gus has seen the mess. Sat back and got his plan. Barrett is his love child and he ousted him. He has an ego to prove people wrong wrong and an ego is a good thing. We may get the spoon again but we will never see one again.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based on current squad and 2023 lineups. Dogs are behind warriors and Tigers. We need a halfback more importantly than a coach.

Tigers with a better coach will leap ahead of us with the squad they have, warriors back home next year and will have access once again to a whole country full of juniors.

We have Okenbur Flanagan Wadell and other plodders...
Negative much? We also have Kikau and Mahoney coming, and will hopefully see BBO or young Bailey progress to our 7 spot. Continued development of Alomoti, Kiraz, and Morrin would definitely put us in a good position too!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Negative much? We also have Kikau and Mahoney coming, and will hopefully see BBO or young Bailey progress to our 7 spot. Continued development of Alomoti, Kiraz, and Morrin would definitely put us in a good position too!
Which is more than either of those 2 teams have. Both have to put lots into junior development, and both have heaps of juniors, but that doesn't always means success unless you identify the right ones.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not saying this with my blue & white sunnies on.. but with Gus helping in recruitment I see us improving our roster dramatically next 2 years.. that will lead to onfield results..

NZ and Tigers will struggle to recruit as well as us..

Its been a longtime for us but i really think we will be alot better in 2 years.. apart from coaches weve recruited bog average players for a longtime now.. i cant see that continuening under Gus..
We keep being told that we will be competitive in two years, and big changes are under way. New coach, new recruits, new board - and every year, we get the same deadbeats and same playing style.

We just keep doing the same thing, and think it will give us a different result.

I'll just stay an idiot, and hope that next year will change, but still see the same deadbeats, and same losses; and read about how we'll improve "next" year.

Groundhog day.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We keep being told that we will be competitive in two years, and big changes are under way. New coach, new recruits, new board - and every year, we get the same deadbeats and same playing style.

We just keep doing the same thing, and think it will give us a different result.

I'll just stay an idiot, and hope that next year will change, but still see the same deadbeats, and same losses; and read about how we'll improve "next" year.

Groundhog day.
Yep, exactly.

People easily forgetting previous promises after being fed the new ones.

Post after post of how Gus has it in the bag. Results matter and based on that we have gone backwards since last year with a better paper team. We're now starting the rebuild again for the 3rd time I think is the count now.

Starting to think I will stop supporting NRL before the Dogs ever come back. NRL is killing the sport and the dogs are killing my love for the game.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tits in with a sneaky peek also...
We need wins. Simple as that.
Scoring 20+ points now gives us a chance but conceding 30+ doesn't.
Next 6 weeks we have some winnable games but we didnt take anything from our last 4 or 5 so I'm saying we come last.

Again.
imagine if we couldve scored 20+ in the first few rounds? we would've won 4 or 5 games by now

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Groundhog day.
Gus would probably agree with you up to a point and that point was when he signed on. It remains to be seen if he can turn it around but I'm on the Gustrain. Life is shit if you think everything's shit.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s going to be an interesting prospect for all
We have probably the best cap position, and no major long term issues
Tigers probably have the best spine based on the 3 teams with no coach
Warriors get a boost going home next year and have some decent players bar Johnson

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Groundhog day.
Understandable..

Gus is not perfect but i cant see us recruiting dud players under his watch.. hes helped get the Mahoney & Kikau here both are guns..

If he can finalise Flanagan as coach id be happy ..

And we need halfback fullback as critical positions sorted..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are the red hot favourite . . . We should be at winx odds