Thoughts ?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM is too hot and cold.he’s not consistent.can be a world beater one game then the next miss five tackles.
In 2020 he missed 4 tackles in 2 games but no more. He missed an average of 1.5 tackles & made 31.1 per game

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@bradtalo can you please explain to me why I got a call from someone while I was on holiday to discuss your behaviour since I endorsed your membership application?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Napa was garbage at the roosters. Signed by previous dud administration and dud coach to save face for losing Klemmer.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
If we want to get back on track, we are going to need to do the below.
-inject some sizeable hot beef in the forward pack. Just one wrecking ball will do. If two, there can be a rotation policy.
-Consider moving Josh Jackson if he doesn’t improve.
- find a way to get Lewis into the 17. Don’t care where, just do it.
-Get rid of the arak sipping, taro eating turtle named Hoppa. He is cancer. For two years I’ve been saying he’s the most malignant player we have because his individual skills mask just how much he damages our backline. However I don’t even think the mask is there anymore. He needs to re-emerge as a 5/8 or forward if he wants to continue beyond 2021. He simply cannot run in a position where you need too.
- Offer Schoupp a long term contract and purchase Staggs and another good centre.
- Or, put Cody Allen into that ‘another good centre’ bracket and have him an understudy alongside Picken for a Staggs/Schoupp centre pairing.
- trial Meaney and Avo at Fullback this year or go to market next year and flick them.
- Do not offer a contract beyond this year to Romanous, Britt, Hopoate, DWZ, Ogden and maybe Napa, Meaney and Lewis if they don’t play to their potential. Atoni May survive as depth but if he dips hard then he’s gone too. Crichton a certainty to be flicked unless we hold him to random for his bro, which appears unlikely now.

Team 2022 should look like this;
1 Averillo*
2 Cotric
3 Schoupp
4 Staggs
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 JMK
10 Russell Packer
11 Elliott
12 Waddell
13 Brandon Smith / F
-
14 Lewis
15 Atoni
16 Ah Mau
17 Hetherington

also,
A final thought is I think we are starting to miss Tolman, he was our glue in defence and I didn’t see anyone do his work and without this glue there was holes everywhere.
All that is needful is the coach to ban him from 4th hit ups, which is why he’s hated. Which to be fair was because he’s the only one trying when everyone has hands on hips. Also Fatuli Mariner looks like he has lost too much size now. Nasheed.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@bradtalo can you please explain to me why I got a call from someone while I was on holiday to discuss your behaviour since I endorsed your membership application?
Hi Horse, Sorry the only thing that could be was in relation to a complaint I made to someone in the membership area. They took my credit card details and said they were processing the membership. Then I never heard anything in over a month. Another lady then called to ask for my credit card details again. I said I had already given them and they would check and come back to me but still weeks went by and I never heard anything and still hadn't received my membership. After a few more weeks after leaving messages with no reply I called and told a guy there that in my opinion the main woman in the membership area wasn't doing a very good job. That's all I did.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Napa is f..king useless. Has to go ASAP. I'd swap him for Burton's 3rd understudy. We need a big body metre eater badly. Napa stops like he got shot as soon as he meets the defence. It's amazing he has no leg drive for someone his size. Has he ever done a squat in the gym I wonder f..king pussy. We need to target James Fisher-Harris big time for 2023. I had big hopes for Atoni and Ogden this season but from game 1 they just aren't strong enough. Think we should bring in Ava Seumanufagai for next week. Maybe there's some other ex NRL big boppers playing in the UK we can recruit cheap. Anyone big who runs hard would be better than what we have.

Averillo was a big disappointment. Showed nothing really besides a good kick or 2. Unfortunately we have no better options. Not going back to Wakeham or Lewis again.

Elliott was pretty good. Waddell is very average. Poor judgement by Barrett there. Looks like he's going to be another Stimson / Britt

Hopa just a waste of space again like usual. Waste of a tackle whenever he runs the ball. He's the Tolman of our backline. Never dangerous. You know 100% whenever he has the ball we're not going to bust a tackle or make a line break. Plus he's f..king hopeless in defence

Flanagan was okay.

Besides the knock-on DWZ was better than usual.

We're just too weak physically in attack and defence. The only players who actually seem strong are Elliott, Cotric and RFM. Need to replace Hopa with Schoupp. He knows how to squat big time. Huge leg muscles.
Id swap Nappa for a packet of chewy...does nothing, has no impact, still misses his rooster buddies i reckon because that player never came to Canterbury

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id swap Nappa for a packet of chewy...does nothing, has no impact, still misses his rooster buddies i reckon because that player never came to Canterbury
If there was any chance of swapping him for Burton (even if it was a straight swap with no extra $$$ / cap coming back our way) I think we were mad. I seriously hope we're offering him and Stimson to the Storm to get Brandon Smith. They're both useless to us. Waddell also.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
unsure if cotric is a centre but on the wrong side to start with, ide push cotric right wing and bring in schoupp
He has always been left side if im not mistaken. He played right side in the trial and everyone wanted him moved. Now they want him moved back again.

fro

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a shit side wtf did you get Russell packer , Lewis and B Smith at lock from. Don’t know what drugs your on but rule me out

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s face it, we got bashed, mainly due to we didn’t control the ball. All that defense in our own end leads to points against. When we had energy and had the ball we scored points. Look at all the teams that won this weekend, all controlled the ball. No need for mass changes, just need to hold the ball! If we cough up so much possession next week, it will be diabolical!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He has always been left side if im not mistaken. He played right side in the trial and everyone wanted him moved. Now they want him moved back again.
He played on the left in the trial...right centre in the lower grades when he wasn't playing fullback.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
None of them can attack. Dietz is a myth tbh.

But JMK can hold that middle better than the other two. We missed that last night.
How can you say Dietz is a myth? He probably is, but you cannot judge the bloke on that Newcastle game alone, we were getting pumped already and there wasn’t much he could of done for his first NRL game. A bit unfair

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s face it, we got bashed, mainly due to we didn’t control the ball. All that defense in our own end leads to points against. When we had energy and had the ball we scored points. Look at all the teams that won this weekend, all controlled the ball. No need for mass changes, just need to hold the ball! If we cough up so much possession next week, it will be diabolical!
Blowarse!! But yeah I agree