thoughts on season 09 without williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
i been on this forum and see people already saying 2009 is nothing without sbw, and should look to 2010. i for one say bring on 09 without or with sbw. 09 looks promising, good recruits, new coach and great juniors. i would love to see sonny back however I'm just over this fiasco about him now. lets move on and hope whatever happens would be a positive. as a dogs supporter i not giving up and i will stick with them thru the thick and thin. if this thread has been done before *feel free to delete or mod*
go bulldogs!

H

Haztrick

We're still moving forward as a club for sure. We have made some excellent signings and the guys we have coming through the grades rank among the best so the future is definitely bright for us. I think we will be a force next year and an even greater force in the years to come.

It's a petty exciting time to be a Bulldogs fan.

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Without SBW, we'll be average at best.

You don't just move on or replace the best player at the club and possible the league, when he leaves without warning, aged only 22.

I'm being very diplomatic.

Basically we're f*cked.

H

Haztrick

Without SBW, we'll be average at best.

You don't just move on or replace the best player at the club and possible the league, when he leaves without warning, aged only 22.

I'm being very diplomatic.

Basically we're f*cked.
Even with the likes of Kite, Hannant, Kimmorley, Morris, Ennis, Maitua, Ryan and Hickey, not to mention players like Idris and Barba who are future superstars?

We aren't a one man team and we will be stronger for this whole fiasco.

TOPDAWGZ79

Dont hate *****
Reaction score
Our team is still rebuilding-the loss of SBW is a big one but this provides the chance for our young guys like Koups, Te Maari and Reni to step up and take ownership. We have Ben Barba to look forward to as our player with x factor-2009 looks like its going to be a great year if we all keep the faith.

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
I really reckon we can be a force. If we get our halves down pat, watch our team fly.

kingdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
09 is looking great, if we can deal with all this sonny crap before this season ends, we can have a great off season with no dramas

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
SBW wouldnt of been there for half the games anyway so whats it matter?

dadoghouse

Once A DOG..Alwayz a DOG
Reaction score
look at the big namers we hav lost in the past years and we still suvuved.... next year well be sayin sonny bill who??

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the Bulldogs do not have the quality to match the top teams in '09 and that is even more the case without Tin Man... but i think the club is moving in the right direction

they have bought well:

* Kimmorley will provide much needed direction, composure and a kicking game... plus, i think he can mentor a couple of the younger players like Barba and Groom
* Ennis will provide a new point of attack and quality from dummy half and i think he will be a contender for the NSW no. 9
* Hannant should be good upfront which has been a big weakness for the Dogs this year
* Morris provides much needed pace and should cover for the often missing Tonga

i also think the Dogs have good juniors coming up in Barba, Kite, Harrison, Idris etc.

next year i think the Dogs will miss out on the finals again but will be a force in '10

DogSince67

40 years a Dog!
Reaction score
With Sonny we were great.
That was when he was on the field.
No point having a superstar when he dosent play enough games.

If he had been with us next year we would have been great.
At the moment I think we will be good with potential to be great.

Senorita

fabulosa
Reaction score
one teams trash is another teams treasure... we dont need him in 2009 we have enough talent and now enough money to get the deserving players on the field.. we are already use to playing without him as he was out nearly every week.... :D

killa karrotts

Born and Bred
Reaction score
With or without SBW.. we will be in the top 8 next year for sure.... Having near half the salary cap on the bench for most of this year is the main reason why we ARE where we Are on the Ladder ... Go The Dogs 09 and way beyond :-)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think we will be better off. As ive said in other threads, a Bulldogs team that does well without SBW will be a much stronger and consistant team than one that relies on him. He may be a good player but building our side and combinations around him makes the team weak when he is injured, which he is way too often.

I think we will be better off, because despite his ability, only having it available half the time is not worth having him for, it is only a distraction for the other players. Id rather someone with half his talent who played all the matches.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sux so hopefully the team can use the hate as ammo to be more determined against all odds, hopefully they believe in themselves the same way Sonny did knowing they are better people than a cash grabber.

Hasoon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its goign to be another long year. not all of us thought tht it was goign to suk dis bad due to masons departure, imagine Sonnys. the greatest man to ever wear the blue and white in the past ten or so years.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the board dramas, throught Willie's dramas, Through Reni's dramas. Finally SBW saga. Compounded by a 1 in 100 year injury list.

People seem to just look at the results & competition table without looking deeper into this season. We have bought pretty well for next year & with all players fit & avaliable would have done much better this year.

2009 without SBW! He is huge loss but we are far from a one player team. On paper we might not have the dream roster some teams have. But injury free we can give the 09 season a real shake!

With new signings as well as several young blokes due to come through I am optomistic for 2009! If the fans stay true & get behind the team instead of the continual bagging of players can only be good also!

Status
Not open for further replies.