Thoughts on Pritchards Hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
the fact he was put on report was extremely pathetic..not even with the refs help could the panthers get the job done rofl

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he wont play next week hes got plenty of carry over from last season i believe

probably get grade 1 high tackle think its 60 points or something

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
simmons should come out and say it was nothing and get on with it.
Great Tackle and everything but really didnt deserve a penalty

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He steamrolled the bloke, bloody brilliant hit I thought. In the slo-mos to me it looked like first contact was with the shoulder and it slid up.

IN REALITY - should be a nothing offence and dismissed.
IN BULLDOGS JERSEY - they'll wipe him out for 1-2 weeks (shame really I'd have loved to see him demolish Jamie Soward).

How about the Weston shot on Graham? Was that place on report? That was just careless, flung the arm out and clobbered Graham.
On TV wasn't put on report. How I do not know because if that is not a deliberate swinging arm, I have no idea what is.

Okay maybe not walk him because it's only 5 minutes to go, but most players would have been sent off for such an offence.

I'm more pissed that the media articles are talking up how bad Pritchards hit was, without a mention of the Weston shot on Graham which was FAR worse.

Lets hope the Match Review Commitee have some brains.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Was a great hit! Geed me up! Look like he had fell into the shot so hope all goes well for Frankyy

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought it was fine, penalty was bull****.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proof at last! The NRL is a bunch of snakes that conspire, right in front of us tonight, absolutely TRY of the round!

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
I almost jumped thru the roof when Franky did that awesome hit. Could not believe it was a penalty.
Im sure he will cop a 1 week ban for it though there was no need to call it back.. Grr

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
give the bloke a skirt seriously....was a great tackle

dullbogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This instantly reminded me of JWH running full pelt into Simon Dwyers shoulder with his face and getting layed out.

I'm going to say it was 100% David Simmons fault. He basically wasn't looking where he was going and got ironed out because he didn't have time to brace for the impact. Pritchard should not be punished for his mistake.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This instantly reminded me of JWH running full pelt into Simon Dwyers shoulder with his face and getting layed out.

I'm going to say it was 100% David Simmons fault. He basically wasn't looking where he was going and got ironed out because he didn't have time to brace for the impact. Pritchard should not be punished for his mistake.
The Dwyer-JWH analogy is perfect.

I don't care whether this kind of hit is outlawed from the game or not, provided there's a consistent verdict on this. My only problem comes from the fact that the Dwyer one was congratulated as one of the hits of the year, yet Franky's was put on report. Someone needs to come out and say either "shoulder to the head = penalty" or "shoulder to the head is not a penalty if the attacker slips into it and the defender doesn't have time to adjust his body position to avoid shoulder contact to his head"

Make your mind up. Make it clear.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I got one word that keeps coming back to me every time I think of it ... "BOO-YAH !!!"

:becky:

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Pritchard gets suspended then the NRL is a joke! Simmonds was falling, sliding away. Pritchard is a tall man, do they expect him to have his nose touching the grass when he goes in to make tackles. I felt the reffereeing last night was pretty poor against the Dogs the whole match

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If Simmons doesn't get knocked out from the tackle it would have been a fair try. Franky is a Monster. Pritchard may get a week depending on his record.....but his reputation is putting fear into the opposition. It is worth a week for that rep ;) Nice work Franky you are a monster !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
i doubt he will be suspended at all. nothing it and the penalty along with the bloody no try is more the eneough punishment for a soft penalty. no swinging arm. no time.

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
what a load of crap. great hit tank like to see more of it from him .

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
I don't think Frank has anything to answer for.....! If you have a look at the match highlights on the nrl website
you can clearly see that the first impact was a clash of heads and then his head hit the point of his shoulder......?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Top hit !
Simmons stepped, and lowered his head at the same time Frank went in for the hit.
Thankfully, Frank seemed to kind of wrap his arms around Simmons to make it look like he was affecting tackle...which he was.
Would be filthy if he gets suspended.
Should be some precedents we can show which would get him off....need him for the Steelers match.

Status
Not open for further replies.