thoughts and predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
After watching last nights game I had a few thoughts.

- Sonny Bill is the best player in the game

- Sherwin should give Sonny Bill the ball whenever he wants it

- Morin bit a male

- Our defense sucks close to the line out wide. The Dragons and Parra exposed it easily.

- If we are lucky enough to scrape in to the 8, we will get knocked out of the finals pretty quick. Our best chance for this season is to finish 6th... that way we will probably get a 2nd chance if Parramatta beats us in week 1 which only puts us 2 games away from the Grand Final. (which we won't make)

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice to see that you have confidence in the boys, all it takes is for the boys to make the eight and click for 3 or 4 games and theres the title, don't give up hope just yet mate.

P.M.

Ban Ned
Reaction score
i havent given up yet
they showed good fighting spirit, and with some good players coming back, defnence + spirit = premiership

nah but we should be heaps better

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I haven't given up yet.. we showed we can defend like hell when we don't have a team outside of their half.. Parra got stuck so many times... we also showed we can attack really nicely in the oppositions 20, and that was encouraging.

We need to improve our goal line defense and not be asleep in the first 20 mins... if we do that and get our stars back, we can really be the dark horse for this premiership IMO.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol tbh i want us to finish 7th

we can take Manly... and its alot more impressive beating 2:p

H

Hazmak

In the past 2 weeks, if a team has been inside out 20m zone, they have scored a try, or got a repeat set.

Worse than Penrith IMO

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
After watching last nights game I had a few thoughts.

- Sonny Bill is the best player in the game

- Sherwin should give Sonny Bill the ball whenever he wants it

- Morin bit a male

- Our defense sucks close to the line out wide. The Dragons and Parra exposed it easily.

- If we are lucky enough to scrape in to the 8, we will get knocked out of the finals pretty quick. Our best chance for this season is to finish 6th... that way we will probably get a 2nd chance if Parramatta beats us in week 1 which only puts us 2 games away from the Grand Final. (which we won't make)
so true and storms are going to use our weakness for there gain
if we dont improve in this area there gona hammer us

also shift and sonny have to work together they had been doing it a couple of weeks back but havent been doing it lately

Anastabation

Reaction score
The other thought I had was that the rule should be changed in regards to knock on's from a one on one strip. It should be play on like a charge down in my opinion. I wouldn't even restart the tackle count if the player regains possesion.. why should a player be rewarded for poor ball security?

I am not "giving up" on the team I just don't think they are good enough to win the competition and with only 4 weeks remaining in the season I don't see how we are going to repair our poor defense. It seems as if simple decoy runners and inside balls kill us. We have a chance against Manly because they are fairly unorganised when attacking an opposing try line.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
we will finish 5th-6th, the problem though is not gaining anymore injuries until a couple of our stars return. We should be sweet for the finals if we have our squad back given our home advantage like i said earlier on its probably better we don't finish in the top 4.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Dogs V:

Raiders (H): WIN
Broncos (A): WIN
Melbourne (H): LOSS
Cowboys (A): WIN

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
Dogs V:

Raiders (H): WIN
Broncos (A): WIN
Melbourne (H): LOSS
Cowboys (A): WIN
to be honest im not worried about the canberra game and the cowboys game, its the other 2 that are a bit of a worry, brisbane may have some of their stars back when they play us and i can only hope that the melbourne backs dont kill us like the parra backs did last night.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i have confidence in them but what worries me as AB has pointed out is our goal line defence out wide which both parra and illawarra exposed last week... do yous think that having patten missing could be the factor why we are being exposed out wide?

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My honest opinion is:

We are the most OVER-RATED team in the comp.

Anastabation

Reaction score
My honest opinion is:

We are the most OVER-RATED team in the comp.
We definitely are over rated. Probably not as over rated as the Cowboys but pretty close. We are rated because we have done so well over the last 5 years but people forget that we are a much different side to what we were in 2004... Sonny Bill and Maitua are 2 of our best players now and back then they were on the bench! And thats not to mentionm Asotasi. We have been losing players to the salary cap every season and its gradually making us weaker and weaker... I am satisfied that they are competitive given the huge amount of hugh profile player loss and lack of replacements to be honest.

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we can get it together on the park consistently then we would be worth the ratings.

but stupid choices are being made too often and the team is not responding well. Its all mental I think

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
like yesterday kicking twice in the last 5 mins on the 3rd, the 1st we were lucky cuz we got a penalty, the 2nd sonny strip.

The kick we needed was the one for i think eric grothe. That grubber was perfect. Thats wat we have missed in past few yrs

RORY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We definitely are over rated. Probably not as over rated as the Cowboys but pretty close. We are rated because we have done so well over the last 5 years but people forget that we are a much different side to what we were in 2004... Sonny Bill and Maitua are 2 of our best players now and back then they were on the bench! And thats not to mentionm Asotasi. We have been losing players to the salary cap every season and its gradually making us weaker and weaker... I am satisfied that they are competitive given the huge amount of hugh profile player loss and lack of replacements to be honest.
Agreed on everything bar NQ being more over-rated than us.

NQ are a very good team, they just fall in a heap during and after State of Origin the same way Bris used to.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Some of you need to HTFU!!
We are very under strength at the moment. If you takes player of the calibre of Mason, Omeley and Patten (not to mention the others who are out) out of any team, they are going to struggle.
Its been an up and down year for us but we have blooded some young guys who are great talents.
As far as this year goes, Im not concerned where we finish in the top 8. 6th, 7th, 8th who cares. If we are at full strength we can beat any team and win it from anywhere.
This is the Bulldogs, HTFU people!!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i havent lost all hope yet...if we can string 3-4 wins we'll still be in it...besides our home ground record this year isnt to good and im pretty sure our away record is better(correct me if im wrong...im hoping that we finish in like 7th cause against manly we usually play well

Status
Not open for further replies.