News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

Malla

Reaction score
Have the dogs offered him anything ?
The way I see it, if Dogs wanted him he would have signed already. So there is not an offer there but then again who knows, he may have got an offer that is well below his expectations. Or the Dogs are holding out until this delusional flop realizes he's not going to get anything better and ends up signing for a small deal and pays us back the 4 years of stealing salary cap space.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thommo will get a deal in league. It just won’t be as good as the one the dogs gave him 4 years ago. Not sure why everyone has their knickers in a knot about the bloke. All the best to him where ever he goes i‘m guessing it will be back in super league

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do actually. I have watched them with admiration and know their strategy.
You don’t get away with cheating when 15 other teams have accused u off cheating
You are saying your all over this, but you still haven’t explained how the Roosters fit a $15mill team into a $12mill cap …

Even the media ran a conservative look at the numbers & it came out over 15mill ??

Don’t just say they’re smart !! …… that’s obvious because they’re getting away with it .. explain this strategy you propose to know ..

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Back to the old dart, where he belongs. He has damaged the legacy of genuinely tough English props like Jamma and Barge arse.
All the best Thommo, you can kiss my Bulldog arse.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do actually. I have watched them with admiration and know their strategy.
You don’t get away with cheating when 15 other teams have accused u off cheating
You should do some homework Nash. Check how many houses and units in Bondi are owned by ex players' partners.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In fairness to Thompson, the Bulldog team he walked into was a clown show compared to what Jammer had. Not saying he hasn’t been disappointing but hes had a rotten run of luck since signing.
I’d be surprised if the club didn’t at least offer him a scaled down offer. We’re woefully short of quality forwards and he’s worth the punt for another year.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In fairness to Thompson, the Bulldog team he walked into was a clown show compared to what Jammer had. Not saying he hasn’t been disappointing but hes had a rotten run of luck since signing.
I’d be surprised if the club didn’t at least offer him a scaled down offer. We’re woefully short of quality forwards and he’s worth the punt for another year.
Bad luck, covid, poor administration, injuries, coaches that couldnt squeeze juice from an orange, who else has shown improvement at our club in years?
He signed on big coin, not his fault.
At this stage the the roosters for less comment still a rumor as far as Im concerned. Hes never been the type to come out and address rumors or garbage reported in the media.
He goes or stays whatever but I dont get the hatred.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Silence is golden !, he’s left, he’s fucked off as some would say , he’s plenty of options, but none from the Roosters, so this thread is a load of bollocks
If he goes anywhere hopefully Dolphins if NRL (K.Woolf) or StHelens in SL.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Silence is golden !, he’s left, he’s fucked off as some would say , he’s plenty of options, but none from the Roosters, so this thread is a load of bollocks
Where it’s he interest coming from for him out of curiosity?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You are saying your all over this, but you still haven’t explained how the Roosters fit a $15mill team into a $12mill cap …

Even the media ran a conservative look at the numbers & it came out over 15mill ??

Don’t just say they’re smart !! …… that’s obvious because they’re getting away with it .. explain this strategy you propose to know ..
Sigh.
U should be smarter than this Uleh.
This is what the roosters do.
Strategy one.
When they want a player. They show him love. They go all out and make him feel like part of a greater community that they will be part of 4 lyfe yo. All the players have said this in interviews.
Strategy two.
Uncle Nick arranges third party suitors to cut deals with the players. Such as Tedesco getting a discount on his house being built in Thirlmere.
Strategy three.
Due to they success, players are willing to play there for less. Some of the shortfall is made up on rep payments due to this. As they are in the prime box for origin and international selection due to success. This is the one strategy the roosters like to promote the most publically. Still true tho.
strategy four.
Bondi lifestyle yo.
Strategy five.
The roosters pledge to help sort they players out in life. Nick organises ll hisienss contacts to be mentors and start successful businesses either as side gigs or post retirement. They are well looked after in thsi way. Most of them own cafes and that. Jake friend owned 4 for example. This non football care taken for players futurecwith the right business talent is the main one.
When you are set up for life, playing for 20% less than u can get at a dropkick club like the doggs is a drop in the ocean. Cap becomes virtually irrelevant once players are confident they make good on they promises.
And they do yo. They do.
so all these factors means they can easily get a 650 played playing for 500. It adds up.

Also it worth noting that the roosters squad is too heavy. They depth isn’t as good as other teams and that’s why they suffered THIS YEAR.
Hoping they bounce back a bit next year.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most disappointing signing in Bulldogs recent history.

Had such high hopes of a James Graham 2.0.
“Best prop in the game” but barely even a first grader.

Injuries and suspensions obviously got in the way but not sure he had it in him anyway
Yeah I remember I was pumped when we got him. Great highlights. Just never lived up to it

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thommo will get a deal in league. It just won’t be as good as the one the dogs gave him 4 years ago. Not sure why everyone has their knickers in a knot about the bloke. All the best to him where ever he goes i‘m guessing it will be back in super league
I'm with you, it's shitty what transpired with his time here(but he still did not deliberately dog on us, rape money from us etc during his time here, just had a terrible run with injury)..Fair to rate him as an underachieving signing at best I have no problem agreeing with this.

Ppl can now hate on him if he is indeed pissing off but maybe Gus and CC don't want him going forward also? Anyway it is what it is, personally if he leaves like with basically all the others I just move on and forget them pretty much straight away lol

Last edited:

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters are not cheating the caps they are just very smart with how they purchase.
With all the insinuations from everywhere as if they would get away with it get real
My mate is best mates with Toddy Carney and was saying Tod had new cars all the time when he was at the chooks.. little perks like that help

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh.
Strategy one.
When they want a player. They show him love. They go all out and make him feel like part of a greater community that they will be part of 4 lyfe yo. All the players have said this in interviews.
Strategy two.
Uncle Nick arranges third party suitors to cut deals with the players. Such as Tedesco getting a discount on his house being built in Thirlmere.
Strategy three.
Due to they success, players are willing to play there for less. Some of the shortfall is made up on rep payments due to this. As they are in the prime box for origin and international selection due to success. This is the one strategy the roosters like to promote the most publically. Still true tho.
strategy four.
Bondi lifestyle yo.
Strategy five.
The roosters pledge to help sort they players out in life. Nick organises ll hisienss contacts to be mentors and start successful businesses either as side gigs or post retirement. They are well looked after in thsi way. Most of them own cafes and that. Jake friend owned 4 for example. This non football care taken for players futurecwith the right business talent is the main one.
When you are set up for life, playing for 20% less than u can get at a dropkick club like the doggs is a drop in the ocean. Cap becomes virtually irrelevant once players are confident they make good on they promises.
And they do yo. They do.
so all these factors means they can easily get a 650 played playing for 500. It adds up.

Also it worth noting that the roosters squad is too heavy. They depth isn’t as good as other teams and that’s why they suffered THIS YEAR.
Really just wanted to see what BS you’d come up with & if I could get you to type it all out … moth to the flame .. [emoji91]

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh.
Strategy one.
Strategy two.
Strategy three.
strategy four.
Bondi lifestyle yo.
Strategy five.
And they do yo. They do.

Can you name your source, who within the Roosters inner-circle gave you all this information ?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you name your source, who within the Roosters inner-circle gave you all this information ?
I have the gift of critical thinking and I have observed the roosters and their players over years.
Just an intelligent thugg.