Opinion Thompson/Flanagan/TPJ

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone think at least one (or all) won't be in the blue and white next year?
Who else that is still contracted will be moved on?

Mal_Z

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think all will stay for now. Flano will go at the end of his contract. The other 2 will resign on reduced salary

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's a chance all three won't be here next season. It all depends on how much freight other clubs will pay.

I can't see Flanagan starting FG next season.. Surely he's shopped around with only one year left.

TPJ might head back to Bennett and go to the Dolphins. Again, depends on if they pay almost all of his contract or not. They can definitely afford to.

Thompson might head back home. It would depend on if another SL club can afford to make him a marquee player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Corey Allan is another that the club would want to move on.. But good luck finding another club that wants him, especially on that deal..

Waddell has one year left. He's more of a hindrance than a help whenever he plays. But again, finding a taker for him will be tough.

Mal_Z

Waterboy
Reaction score
Corey Allan is another that the club would want to move on.. But good luck finding another club that wants him, especially on that deal..

Waddell has one year left. He's more of a hindrance than a help whenever he plays. But again, finding a taker for him will be tough.
Unpopular opinion: I think Waddell is worth keeping. He played alright against Manly the first time and made 160+ metres at prop.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
considering flanno is our ownly genuine half back available next yr now that bbo is out until July august next yr I doubt we'll be letting him go. As for the other 2 unless we get a decent replacement none would be moved on

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I think Waddell is worth keeping. He played alright against Manly the first time and made 160+ metres at prop.
He's had a few decent games but way more bad games where he makes multiple mistakes or gives away dumb penalties that kill the team. He hasn't improved on that in two seasons with us. He probably stays due to his contract but hopefully he plays very little FG as he's not a winning player in my opinion.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
considering flanno is our ownly genuine half back available next yr now that bbo is out until July august next yr I doubt we'll be letting him go. As for the other 2 unless we get a decent replacement none would be moved on
I'd say Gus would be working hard right now to get Hunt for 7 next year and I'd say Thompson's bags are as good as packed.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think they all will be, but I think 2 shouldn't be

Flanagan will start halfback unless we sign someone else

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say Gus would be working hard right now to get Hunt for 7 next year and I'd say Thompson's bags are as good as packed.
wont be easy getting hunt to come early as I doubt dragons would even release him.

I guess it'll be up to ciraldo if he wants Thompson or not next year considering we dont have any decent forwards in the team

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wont be easy getting hunt to come early as I doubt dragons would even release him.

I guess it'll be up to ciraldo if he wants Thompson or not next year considering we dont have any decent forwards in the team
Their roster is a basket case. Hunt clearly isn't happy and is looking to have get out clauses etc in any deal with them. Definitely a watch this space over the off season. Another would be DCE with all the stink wafting around Manly atm....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think the reason flop is here is no one will want him. Only chance would be his dad getting a gig or if esl offer him a few hundred a year on multi years as he won’t get that in nrl Again.

Allen, flop, Waddell can all fuck off as overpaid flops.

Thompson has ability but unless his contract is 300kish he can go.

Could see Allen getting interest from Wayne and only has 12 months but would likely need us chipping in for 23.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Their roster is a basket case. Hunt clearly isn't happy and is looking to have get out clauses etc in any deal with them. Definitely a watch this space over the off season. Another would be DCE with all the stink wafting around Manly atm....
hopefully we can get 1 of those 2, just dont know if we have the cap space for them next season unless we get rid of thompson I guess

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great another year of flannagan. 10th place it is then will bet on it.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Getting rid of a player in a position we need is false economy. Unless we know he is worth less than what another team would pay. But very unlikely the amount we would get returned would be enough to get a player of better quality. I think we are stuck with Thompson unless he wants to go back home.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great another year of flannagan. 10th place it is then will bet on it.
I am not supporting Flanno in the slightest, but I felt his kicking game had a marginal improvement in the last game. His general play kicking technique looks so unnatural though, has to be a big part of why its so hard to get any power in his kicks.

Last edited: