Thomo eye gouge

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watchung the footage again in the cold light of day - fuck yes, its a gouge. Why else do you ned to reach your fingers so far around the player's head?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Barrett has a word with that pussy-cat Tamou to down play the incident which was not a gouge.

The media will sponge it for as long as they can.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
He should use he’s time in suspension to learn how to tackle

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hopefully Barrett has a word with that pussy-cat Tamou to down play the incident which was not a gouge.

The media will sponge it for as long as they can.
Won't matter. Tamou had his chance on the field. As soon as he decided to make an official complaint (which he did) then it's out of his hands and into the officials. I think he may get a little off being a first time at NRL judiciary but I still think he could expect 3+ weeks off the start of next season. Very poor form and hurts the fans and the team going into next year. Not what we need when most are searching for hope from here.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
George Burgess and Hudson Young should of both got 20+ weeks for their cowardly, deliberate attacks on players laying on their back stationary. That's as bad as it gets IMO.
Thompsons was way more a reactionary incident on a bloke who was standing and moving, careless contact should only get 3-4 weeks but even that is on the harsh side of things.
Knowing the dodgy knobs running the NRL judiciary though they will consider it a hanging offence because of the club he plays for and he'll most likely get 8+ weeks.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It’s about time players started tackling properly again. Then they wouldn’t be anywhere near the head. Personally, I a m sick of players hugging each other walking down the field. NRL rules committee please.
That's on the officials IMO. They're the ones that started to reward the player being tackled and not the tacklers. This is what it's evolved to. The odd old school tackle you see around the legs these days are either penalised for taking too long or are left on the ground because the ref and disadvantages the defence line. Ohh and Bellamy started it all with the wrestle, that's where it all started.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Ikin’s commentary and outright prejudice towards our club was disgusting.
He was so quick to lampoon our pommy friend and find him guilty it was beyond belief,talk about unprofessional journalism at the highest degree
I will never watch his garbage show again.
Absolute no intention or malice in his tackle.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben Ikin’s commentary and outright prejudice towards our club was disgusting.
He was so quick to lampoon our pommy friend and find him guilty it was beyond belief,talk about unprofessional journalism at the highest degree
I will never watch his garbage show again.
Absolute no intention or malice in his tackle.
Maybe he still upset he’s beloved Broncos got the spoon and we didn’t lol.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so blatant as fuk. Geez we attract some rock apes with no brains. How long is this numpty out for next season? Well done you dumb shite!
It was stupid to say the least but I’m more concerned about “the worlds best prop” and his inability to DEFEND

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was playing well and making me look stupid and then he does this lol
He didn’t just playing well but fantastic, out of his skin.
I think a few passed judgment a bit too early
He is going to play a big part in our club gaining future success and will be even better under TB guidance plus a full off season in camp.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly and Stimson, Doorey & Avo too. We also lost CHN. Panthers fans crowing they rested a few players too are overlooking the fact we had so many out of an already struggling team
Thats almost our starting 13 there.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will just get caution or please explain with a $720 fine.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hope the players and club rally around him. It’s clear he’s struggled to settle in AU and living in the bubble. He’s played in a good aweful team and has been used to winning or at least being competitive. In a good set up, I think he can be a great piece of our future team, but the gouge yesterday was a clear act of frustration and disappointment he must be feeling.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s been referred straight to the judiciary.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ikin also called so many other parts of the game incorrectly ..he is so self obsessed for a nobody
Hopefully he gets the Pony CEO gig for two reasons:

1) We won’t have to listen to him commentate
2) Out of his depth, he’ll take that club backwards

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Thommo keeps playing like he did yesterday I’ll live with the odd suspension, Jamma was biting fuckers ears off and I loved him for it. I would rather have a skilled lunatic than a no talent cream puff like Napa

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been reading out your comments to him, that you have posted on here, I told Luke you better to get your act together, so it’s all down to you, my friend
There was never any intent in that tackle today it was just careless and accidental, he’s not that kind player but what a soft shite that Tamou was crying to ref for a penalty
How is he feeling now that the season is done? He excited about the new coach etc?