This why klemmer gives it all in footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
DAVID Klemmer doesn’t play footy for glory. Nor representative honours, money or success.

He plays it for two reasons — they’re called Cooper and Jackson, his two young boys.

In fact everything Klemmer does in life, he does for his young family — his sons and fiancee Chloe Saville.

They are his life.

Klemmer, the hulking NSW forward who will again do all in his power to help NSW level the Origin series on Wednesday night, never had a childhood role model.

He now wants to be the overriding figure in the lives of Cooper, 3, and Jackson, 1.

Klemmer with his eldest son Cooper.Source:News Corp Australia

The Canterbury enforcer became misty-eyed when speaking about his precious family.

“It hurts twice as much if I play a bad game because I just want to make them proud. They are the best things that have ever happened to me,” Klemmer told The Daily Telegraph.

“I would do anything for them. I just want to be there for the rest of their lives, make them proud and give them the best living they can have. That’s all I want.

“I get a warm feeling inside that they are proud of their dad. I am playing State of Origin, playing first grade, playing for the Dogs.

“All I do is to try and make them proud. In 20 years we can look back with each other and have a beer and say how good times were when I was playing first grade. To have Chloe and those two beautiful kids, I can’t ask for anything more.’’

Queensland beware — there’s another Klemmer on the way.Source:News Corp Australia

Klemmer was a self-confessed “ratbag” as a teenager. He and Chloe met when he was 16 and he moved in with her and her parents.

Their guidance and direction pushed Klemmer on a path to success — and to the top in rugby league.

“It was a rollercoaster (during the early years) but Chloe has really stuck solid and been a rock,’’ Klemmer said.

“She has controlled me at times but there were times when I was a ratbag. Her mum and dad took me in and I am very privileged for what they have done. It was a hell of a time but we are now engaged and we have just bought our first home to set up our future.’’

Like footballers, Klemmer says Chloe is his biggest critic, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I hear people say I had a good game but when I get in the car she might get stuck into me about footy, what I have done wrong etc,’’ he said. “She is also positive when I play well. She is a godsend.

“I’m in a good position at the moment but there were times there when things could have gone the other way.

“The Bulldogs and those around me supported me. It was a big wake-up call for me when I had my first child. But it was the best thing that ever happened to me.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/or...y/news-story/f02d7e5e726dad7efce717eec4b10f69

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Glad we signed him on a long contract.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The more this dude talks, the more he appears in interviews, the more respect he gains. Well done klemmer

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They've been together since they were 16! I love his commitment , shines right through to the footy field too.. Well Done

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terrific story. Had met David and his fiancée at our (old) favourite Chinese Restaurant in Cheso ( when we lived there) a few times. A smart young man who has his priorities in order.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love this guys 'old school' humility.
Tips his hat to the intimidating great prop forwards he respects and emulates.
This 'kid' will be one of the games greats.
Simple, hard, humble, clean player and scary as shit. A real Bulldog prop.
Love it!

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Love this guys 'old school' humility.
Tips his hat to the intimidating great prop forwards he respects and emulates.
This 'kid' will be one of the games greats.
Simple, hard, humble, clean player and scary as shit. A real Bulldog prop.
Love it!
You've summed it up. I'm so happy he's ours. Every club wants him.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Amazing what a couple of kids and a mortgage does for you
Stops benders and dick head associates

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just imagine if barba had hooked up with a nice girl at an early age and had a few kids
Things may have been different..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just imagine if barba had hooked up with a nice girl at an early age and had a few kids
Things may have been different..
Thought Barba had a few kids when he was running around with EBC? Guess the difference between him and Klemmwr is personality not responsibility

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
State of Origin 2016: NSW forward David Klemmer on why he gives it all in footy

DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
June 16, 2016 5:30pm

DAVID Klemmer doesn’t play footy for glory. Nor representative honours, money or success.

He plays it for two reasons — they’re called Cooper and Jackson, his two young boys.

In fact everything Klemmer does in life, he does for his young family — his sons and fiancee Chloe Saville.

They are his life.

Klemmer, the hulking NSW forward who will again do all in his power to help NSW level the Origin series on Wednesday night, never had a childhood role model.

He now wants to be the overriding figure in the lives of Cooper, 3, and Jackson, 1.

Klemmer with his eldest son Cooper.
The Canterbury enforcer became misty-eyed when speaking about his precious family.

“It hurts twice as much if I play a bad game because I just want to make them proud. They are the best things that have ever happened to me,” Klemmer told The Daily Telegraph.

“I would do anything for them. I just want to be there for the rest of their lives, make them proud and give them the best living they can have. That’s all I want.

“I get a warm feeling inside that they are proud of their dad. I am playing State of Origin, playing first grade, playing for the Dogs.

“All I do is to try and make them proud. In 20 years we can look back with each other and have a beer and say how good times were when I was playing first grade. To have Chloe and those two beautiful kids, I can’t ask for anything more.’’

Queensland beware — there’s another Klemmer on the way.
Klemmer was a self-confessed “ratbag” as a teenager. He and Chloe met when he was 16 and he moved in with her and her parents.

Their guidance and direction pushed Klemmer on a path to success — and to the top in rugby league.

“It was a rollercoaster (during the early years) but Chloe has really stuck solid and been a rock,’’ Klemmer said.

“She has controlled me at times but there were times when I was a ratbag. Her mum and dad took me in and I am very privileged for what they have done. It was a hell of a time but we are now engaged and we have just bought our first home to set up our future.’’

Like footballers, Klemmer says Chloe is his biggest critic, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I hear people say I had a good game but when I get in the car she might get stuck into me about footy, what I have done wrong etc,’’ he said. “She is also positive when I play well. She is a godsend.

“I’m in a good position at the moment but there were times there when things could have gone the other way.

“The Bulldogs and those around me supported me. It was a big wake-up call for me when I had my first child. But it was the best thing that ever happened

Malla

Reaction score
Just a loyal and honest bloke that wears his heart on his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.