1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Things you collect

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wahesh, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

I wonder how much vintage Mad Magazines are these days.

2. SPEARTAKVIDREFS

SPEARTAKVIDREFS Kennel Regular

Think there going up. I was looking on ebay the other day at old mags and it appears they have started to rise in value. I didnt specifically look at the condition/year verses $$$ but i imagine Mad mags will continue to rise. 70's playboys on the rise aswell. I wanted to collect vintage Ginger Meggs as Im a fan of collecting Australian stuff but unfortunately 1930s Meggs is getting too expensive aswell.

3. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence Premium Member

Have a few Biante model V8 Super cars, Brock, Perkins etc

• Like Like x 1
  4. Motorhead

Motorhead Kennel Regular

Obviously you want to sell them down the track but wouldn't you rather display them for you to admire other than store away in boxes?
    Same as having a beautiful old car, I would find it hard just storing it in a garage, would definitely want to drive it and enjoy it.
    $$$$$ vs enjoyment is a tough choice though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dogluva

dogluva Kennel Immortal

I'm into Star Trek and sci fi magazines like Starlog etc. A few years back got the set of Star Trek cars from Mattel ( sourced from the reject shop of all places) Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Sulu McCoy and Uhura @ $3 each seen on E Bay for about $100 the set but not really into that for the money just the fact they are Trek related. Also saw ones like Scooby Do etc but not into those.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wahesh

Wahesh The Forefather of The Kennel

See the problem with being a serious collector is that you value your item and want to keep it as mint as possible. Also the card art tends to add a lot of value to the casting if it's rare, so ripping it open means that the long-term value is gone. I have a few lose ones which I'm trying to figure out how to display, but eventually the long-term plan is for me to pass these onto my kids/nieces/nephew and leave it as my legacy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rockford

Rockford Kennel Regular Gilded

The guy that was a big part of Mad Magazine just recently passed away. https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/mort-drucker-legendary-mad-magazine-artist-dies-at-91/

8. SPEARTAKVIDREFS

SPEARTAKVIDREFS Kennel Regular