Things That Piss You Off in Rugby League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.) Forward passes missed and a try scored. FFS let the TV umpire call that too, the refs are not in the best position all the time and linesman have been proven to have no balls/be crap. Let them call it and we don't have issues. They call everything else.

2.) Two guys vying for the same rep jumper giving each other credit for media purposes, goodwill and all that flower pansy stuff. FFS just say you hate each other and want to smash there heads in on the field and how the position should be yours cos you deserve it more and the other guy is crap. Why not be honest ?

3.) Refs penalising players who retaliate in a bit of biff. "Oh hey, they other guy is throwing haymakers at me, i'll just stand here and dodge right?" Penalise the guy that started it, but dont send him or anyone else off to the bin either.

4.) Players yelling at the ref after they have played the ball thinking they were held down too long. Watch the next league game, 75% of players will do it. It seems normal now to have a few coarse words with the ref as you get up to play the ball.

5.) F*ckup coaches and egos - e.g the biggest joke in the NRL - Ricky Stuart.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Voss

Laurie Daley exploding is PUHees each time he says something like: PUH-layers need to PUH-ass as the PUH-lay PUH-rogresses...

Players and coaches able to some up every game with the same cleches that are obvious: EG.The game is 80 minutes long. That's football. We're taking one game at a time. Willie Mason is a fagg... etc etc...

Willie Mason

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
1. Too many teams based in Sydney
2. Too many rule changes every year
3. Scrums, waste of time!!!
4. Majority of the commentators

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
when the refs wear a pink shirt and they blow a penalty whenever the defense tackles the the player into the in goal or touch

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
when the refs wear a pink shirt and they blow a penalty whenever the defense tackles the the player into the in goal or touch
VERY good point. "I called held" is their usual BS response but they call held way too early.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Teams that can't score a try after repeat sets so just launch a huge bomb and hope for the best.
There is not enough reward for diffusing a kick. If you caught a ball on the full in goal and got to kick for touch from twenty metres out a lot of teams would think twice before kicking and would only kick if they had a definite chance of a try.

P

Promiscuous

^ you do get to kick for touch after catching in your own in goal

it has to bounce before going out first though so you usually have to catch the fullback off guard.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No i mean kick out on the full like penalties. There has to be more of risk when putting up hopeful bombs.

(By the way, I think Sherwin use to do the kick from twenty metres a fair bit.)

P

Promiscuous

No i mean kick out on the full like penalties. There has to be more of risk when putting up hopeful bombs.

(By the way, I think Sherwin use to do the kick from twenty metres a fair bit.)
yes i remembered he used to alot aswell

although he did fail a few times

jeez havnt seen this happen for a while now. 20m restart kick for touch ftw!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
* 5 Minute Sin Bins

* No more Video Refs At All (Bring back in goal touchies)

* Benefit of the doubt to go to the defensive team.

* Since they will keep the video ref get rid of this BS grounding system Harrigan implemented and actually require a player to force the ball into the ground instead of rewarding knock ons with tries and trying to find ways to give tries that aren't.

* Refs to stop calling players offside and just penalise them if they are offside. You're not their coach FFS!

* Refs to stop calling "One" or "Two" or "Move" every tackle and just have one call of "Held" when the player is actually held and all momentum is stopped.

* No more ridiculous penalties for "taking out the kicker" when he doesn't get touched or the kicker is stupid enough to go right to the line and kick. If he does that he deserves to get smashed. Basically for common sense to be used for once.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Inside the 40" "Outside the 40" also pisses me off.

All it does is give the defending team a heads up and prevents a possible 40/20. STFU and let them kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.