They were not Star players, but enjoyed watching them.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thinking about some of the bulldogs players that I enjoyed watching play. They were not star players & at times struggled to hold their place in first grade.
PHIL CHARLETON. Not the most mobile forward but skilful & a deadly defender. The original exponent of the shoulder charge. ( I believe the best also.) Caused damage when tackling.
STAN CUTLER. Played in various backline positions, but fullback was his best. Fast, great defender & with good attacking skills. Bleed blue & white.
STEVE HAGE. Tough, aggressive skilful forward. Something happen when Steve was around. ( not always legal) had only a year, amazed he did not develop into great player.
Steve Reardon. Tough defender, powerful runner, an 80 minutes forward with a big motor. Never let the dogs down. Great team player.
I am sure there are many others I have left out.

Malla

Reaction score
Steve Reardon...fuck he could whack, Joel Romelo...same, Jared Hickey and Barry Ward
They had a game on fox the other week from the 2002 season and I just remember Reardon putting his body on the line every single play whether defense or attack - loved him.

Also loved watching Gilles and also enjoyed watching Gavin Lester in the short time he was with us.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Adam Perry - loved me the nuggs
Jarrad Hickey - gotta love a bloke who loves awafi more than the game.
Michael Hodgson - super underrated during his time with us. Loved the battler in him
Jamie Feeney - Mr Reliable. Unfortunate to miss out on the ring in 04.
Tony Grimaldi - the lobster. Underated would have a photo of his ugly mug. Distinctly remember him playing abit of 9 for us in 2006, and scored a try with ~10m run from dummy half against the roosters. Could not believe it.

Special mentions
Ben Czislowski - the one and only player in premiership history to leave the game with negative run meters

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To name a few...
Adam Perry
Peter Kelly
Mark Brokenshire
Kyle White
Joel Romero
James Pickering
Gavin Lester
Duncan McRae
Mitch Newton
Matua Parkinson
Barry Ward
Ben Harris
Geordi Peats

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Thinking about some of the bulldogs players that I enjoyed watching play. They were not star players & at times struggled to hold their place in first grade.
PHIL CHARLETON. Not the most mobile forward but skilful & a deadly defender. The original exponent of the shoulder charge. ( I believe the best also.) Caused damage when tackling.
STAN CUTLER. Played in various backline positions, but fullback was his best. Fast, great defender & with good attacking skills. Bleed blue & white.
STEVE HAGE. Tough, aggressive skilful forward. Something happen when Steve was around. ( not always legal) had only a year, amazed he did not develop into great player.
Steve Reardon. Tough defender, powerful runner, an 80 minutes forward with a big motor. Never let the dogs down. Great team player.
I am sure there are many others I have left out.
Fuck you must be older than me!! Although I do remember Stan Cutler.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jarred Hickey was a crowd favorite. He was like George Rose with talent.

I enjoyed watching Johnny Timu around the Super League era. He was kind of a "star" in that he was a dual international for NZ, but maybe not a household name in Oz (unless you were a dogs fan).

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie Feeney
Sam Kasiano
Craig Polla-mounter
Ben Harris
Gavin Lester
Scott Wilson
Jason Williams
Soloman Haumono
Corey Thompson