News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But it was barnstorming winger Jeral Skelton, who easily topped the metre count with a staggering 321 metres — 124 of those post-contact. He also set up a try, got two linebreaks, four tackle busts and bagged a well-deserved try in the 71st minute.

Pull the trigger CC, give him Patolos spot...
You know I’m a fan of Helta bro, but I get the feeling that he needs to transition into a Kikua type of forward. Otherwise we might lose him to another club..:sweat:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know I’m a fan of Helta bro, but I get the feeling that he needs to transition into a Kikua type of forward. Otherwise we might lose him to another club..:sweat:
I want him as our version of Haas.

But would love to know what this secret project CC and Gus are working on him...

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clemton Park under 10s would have put a score against Knights in NSW Cup this week gone.. they were terrible.

Forwards were non existent and they couldn't do a thing right.

Taking nothing away from a solid and convincing Bulldogs performance though, but it's not really the game to judge superstars from.

2000 odd run metres to the Knights 997.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Club needs to make a move and extend Gus so we can make sure his work gets finished and the right people in to continue his works.
i said when we signed him it will go down as the club biggest ever signing. still a lot of work to do, but i have no doubt in the next 2-3 years we will be a premiership heavyweight again.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is surprisingly articulate and his buy in attitude is welcome.

Always a Bulldog
I think he understands that his job along with Tetz is to teach the kids coming through how to be an NRL forward.

He may still play NRL but his FT role atm is with the kids.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clemton Park under 10s would have put a score against Knights in NSW Cup this week gone.. they were terrible.

Forwards were non existent and they couldn't do a thing right.

Taking nothing away from a solid and convincing Bulldogs performance though, but it's not really the game to judge superstars from.

2000 odd run metres to the Knights 997.
Hence why guys like Kautoga show casing there attacking skills is not worthy of an NRL spot.

It will take sometime for the kid to convince the coaches he deserves another shot after that effortless 13mins he pulled to disappoint against the storm.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like our future is looking ok.

Having this kid, Woods, oluapu. Also throw in Burton. One will definitely need to play lock if they are all as good as the hype suggests.

Then we have Hutch too :p haha. Went from no halves to an abundance.
I think Burto would make a good fullback, I get Gutho vibes… Woods & O’Neal in the halves, Oluapo at lock… Conti, maybe 9?

Bronze

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think Burto would make a good fullback, I get Gutho vibes… Woods & O’Neal in the halves, Oluapo at lock… Conti, maybe 9?
I've been saying for awhile we can shift burton to fullback he has the leg speed plus a bigger body but he is really coming into his own as a 5/8, a few more good performances like the last 3 weeks and he could be a smokey for origin selection as a half. You'd have to imagine Madge has taken notice of his performances.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Controversial: I don't think Joash will be anything more than an average NRL player.
He seems to me to be a sit back and pick his moments type player. Not the Dylan Edwards worker type that suits a panther system. So yeah for us you may be correct, time will tell I guess

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
And our 2nd row stocks are pretty low, hardly.

Always a Bulldog
Be nice to throw a bone to Schuster for the rest of this season and a bit for next given how much Manly are paying him out. This season can be about getting him fit, and see if he has it next year. If it turns good this year, could be a great addition off the bench for the club.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where's all the negative nancies? Where are all the Gus haters? Where are all the ones that thought CC was out of his depth? Where are all those that wanted Potter instead of CC? Where are all those that still think dogs will finish bottom 4? Where are all those that still think our training methods are too harsh and that our training methods are the cause for our injuries? Where's the Clown crew? Where's 04 dreaming? Where's his cousin Polly? Where's Flanagun? Where are all those that were crying because we let go of Alamoti(no way is he ahead of Critta & Xerri). Where are those that whinge like bitches? They have all evaporated like a fart in the wind as was expected.
They got banned for discussing football on a football forum. They can’t defend themselves currently lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He seems to me to be a sit back and pick his moments type player. Not the Dylan Edwards worker type that suits a panther system. So yeah for us you may be correct, time will tell I guess
He might get it over time but right now I think he's missing that bit of explosive power or pace to really break the line. His footwork looks nice but without that it isn't all that effective right now.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might get it over time but right now I think he's missing that bit of explosive power or pace to really break the line. His footwork looks nice but without that it isn't all that effective right now.
Might be playing injured, or have bulked up too much, as I recall last year he seemed to be a lot quicker off the mark.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can definitely see the panthers chasing one of our young halves now Jett clearly has reportedly signed with the Warriors

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Where's all the negative nancies? Where are all the Gus haters? Where are all the ones that thought CC was out of his depth? Where are all those that wanted Potter instead of CC? Where are all those that still think dogs will finish bottom 4? Where are all those that still think our training methods are too harsh and that our training methods are the cause for our injuries? Where's the Clown crew? Where's 04 dreaming? Where's his cousin Polly? Where's Flanagun? Where are all those that were crying because we let go of Alamoti(no way is he ahead of Critta & Xerri). Where are those that whinge like bitches? They have all evaporated like a fart in the wind as was expected.
Please don't ask for the Clown **** Family. It is great without them. Some dipsticks can't see the big picture because their clown make-up runs into their eyes when they are beating each other off.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah Barakat is very impressive. Have watched a few HM games and he has all the skills

I think I heard the commentator on Saturday say that he has been signed to a 3 or 4 year deal at the club
Thats awesome if true!