The Worst Day Of MY Life Wearing The Bulldogs Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
So I'm sitting there last night, me and my family and 2 best mates. Jama isn't having the best of starts to his game. Me and my friend are noticing this and make a few comments but nothing offensive of course. We support our team through and through. We are members and never miss a Home game or Syd away game. We bleed Blue & White. We aren't bagging him.

Anyway the worst I said was Jamal cover your line, or Jama get in position, or Jamal is having a shocker. Then in all the yelling and excitement I notice this African dude in front of me turning around every time me or my mate mention Jama's name. I didn't pay much attention to it. Towards the end of the half I see the guy turn again after my mate yells FFS Jamal or something to that effect. I then think to myself God please tell me this guy is not Jamal Idris' Dad or relative, or I'll kill myself right here. The guy turns around one more time and says, "he's playing out of position you know". That's when it hit me. I said mate you wouldn't happen to be...... he then stops me in my tracks..... and says...."YES I'M JAMAL'S FATHER"!

I'm so gutted. I explained to him that we are massive fans and have been cheering his boy on all year, but sometimes players have off games. We are wearing Bulldogs jersey's and we aren't against him. All we said was he's having a bad game. By the time I finished explaining how we felt and were sorry for offending him, he was apologising to me and totally understanding that we didn't really say anything that wasn't true. I said Mr Idris there is no need for you to apologise to me, I would of done the same thing if someone was saying negative comments about my son, even if they might have not been derogatory and partially correct. He is your blood. He then turned and smiled and said thank you.

Gutted.

Not only did we get pumped but I upset the father of one of our future stars.

What are the chances!

What a nightmare.

zeedog

Bulldog Fanatic
Reaction score
Crazy Dog...thats the part of the life for these super stars and their families..they deserved to be priased when they perform and they should also be prepared to cope criticism when they are not performing.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Crazy Dog...thats the part of the life for these super stars and their families..they deserved to be priased when they perform and they should also be prepared to cope criticism when they are not performing.
Yeah this lady next to me said the same thing. She said he should suck it up because he was playing bad.

Still gutted though. He's only young.

what isle were you in
108 row 23. Right on half way.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah my brother and his mates sat right in front of Jamal's dad during the Knights finals game.

Although they were only saying good things about Jamal that game lol, they had a good chat with his dad.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Yeah my brother and his mates sat right in front of Jamal's dad during the Knights finals game.

Although they were only saying good things about Jamal that game lol, they had a good chat with his dad.
Yeah he is was a really nice guy. And I was glad I got him to come around and understand it from my perspective in the end.

He looks nothing like Jamal, which didn't help the situation at the start.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Jamal didn't have any troubles getting sh!tfaced at Sapphire last night. He really needs to be careful when he goes out.

I was keeping an eye on him last night as if I was his father lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think he wanted to tell you he was his father so you can be reminded that jamal is a person and he is trying his best

but dont forget that he is also new to the father of the star thing, he has to get used to it

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
i think he wanted to tell you he was his father so you can be reminded that jamal is a person and he is trying his best

but dont forget that he is also new to the father of the star thing, he has to get used to it
Yeah of course mate. Like I said who'd blame him but I'm glad he came around in the end.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hold your chins up, Bulldogs never quit, wear your blue and white today with pride, hey were still the mighty Bulldogs and teams hate playing us.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Hold your chins up, Bulldogs never quit, wear your blue and white today with pride, hey were still the mighty Bulldogs and teams hate playing us.
Went to Balmain this morning for breaky with some friends. I was wearing my jersey and Bullgogs jumper too. ***'em all I say! Dogs to the death. I'm proud of my team and what they achieved this year. We were supposed to just be happy with a top 8 spot remember guys?

Proud C-nt!

Last edited by a moderator:

mulloway

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah this lady next to me said the same thing. She said he should suck it up because he was playing bad.

Still gutted though. He's only young.

108 row 23. Right on half way.
i was in 108 row 11

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a bad situation, but tbh i hate it when people feel the need to commentate on the play while im sitting at the ****ing game.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
So I'm sitting there last night, me and my family and 2 best mates. Jama isn't having the best of starts to his game. Me and my friend are noticing this and make a few comments but nothing offensive of course. We support our team through and through. We are members and never miss a Home game or Syd away game. We bleed Blue & White. We aren't bagging him.

Anyway the worst I said was Jamal cover your line, or Jama get in position, or Jamal is having a shocker. Then in all the yelling and excitement I notice this African dude in front of me turning around every time me or my mate mention Jama's name. I didn't pay much attention to it. Towards the end of the half I see the guy turn again after my mate yells FFS Jamal or something to that effect. I then think to myself God please tell me this guy is not Jamal Idris' Dad or relative, or I'll kill myself right here. The guy turns around one more time and says, "he's playing out of position you know". That's when it hit me. I said mate you wouldn't happen to be...... he then stops me in my tracks..... and says...."YES I'M JAMAL'S FATHER"!

I'm so gutted. I explained to him that we are massive fans and have been cheering his boy on all year, but sometimes players have off games. We are wearing Bulldogs jersey's and we aren't against him. All we said was he's having a bad game. By the time I finished explaining how we felt and were sorry for offending him, he was apologising to me and totally understanding that we didn't really say anything that wasn't true. I said Mr Idris there is no need for you to apologise to me, I would of done the same thing if someone was saying negative comments about my son, even if they might have not been derogatory and partially correct. He is your blood. He then turned and smiled and said thank you.

Gutted.

Not only did we get pumped but I upset the father of one of our future stars.

What are the chances!

What a nightmare.
Dont be sad or upset... we the supporters are the ones who make the club
not one over rated **** house player... cheer up

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the father should get used to people 'bagging' his son.

All players get bagged by supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.