Opinion The Work Behind The Scenes

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But but the clown crew said we are in the worst position ever and the club is getting run to the ground by CC and Gus.
It’s just agendas mate and nothing else. When we come good and it’s not IF but WHEN, the clown crew led by master clown himself Flappygun and his made up posse will disappear and melt away quicker than some ice cubes in the hot middle eastern desert.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m certainly no expert however I have been watching /attending our games across all grades from Harold Matt’s upwards for close to 50 years and I can confidently say we have never had as much talent, 21 yo and younger, than we currently have!

The challenge now is to help these boys reach their full potential and retain the cream of the crop.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Shout out to Ciro, Burto et al for turning up to Ball and Flegg today. Probably entitled to a day off after a big win and a short turn before the Scabbitohs on Friday - but there they were as part of their mission to get our club back on top of the pile. Harry was there too. We have a young prop who looks like another Payne Haas. Big win Ball, big loss Flegg. The work continues…

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shout out to Ciro, Burto et al for turning up to Ball and Flegg today. Probably entitled to a day off after a big win and a short turn before the Scabbitohs on Friday - but there they were as part of their mission to get our club back on top of the pile. Harry was there too. We have a young prop who looks like another Payne Haas. Big win Ball, big loss Flegg. The work continues…
Thanks for sharing mate

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sounds good for the club. I missed all games on the weekend. Did O'Neill play NSW cup ? That would have effected the lower grades

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good for the club. I missed all games on the weekend. Did O'Neill play NSW cup ? That would have effected the lower grades
Yeah he did - Penrith won fairly well.
I was also interested in Xerri vs Alamoti given the former is likely one of the reasons the latter left Belmore. Interesting to see who makes their respective first grade first. My money is on Bronson.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was also interested in Xerri vs Alamoti given the former is likely one of the reasons the latter left Belmore. Interesting to see who makes their respective first grade first. My money is on Bronson.
The opposite winger got injured so they shifted Alamoti to wing to cover and he was pretty quiet after that. I don’t think he is next man up for first grade atm. Probably a few options in front of him.

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is that Fanu Seve mate? Looks very light on feet for a big man based on the little film I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I only caught the last 10 minutes but geez Lipoi Hopoi’s stats really pop. 18 runs for 221 metres, 109 metres of which were post-contact metres.

Was he really that good or are they empty-type stats? It does also say that 53 of those metres were from a kick-return, but still.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he did bro.

Papa and O'Neill need to stay in reserves the whole year, part of our future spine.
Yeah hopefully they do, no point leaving those two in lower grades get them ready for the big boys.

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Xerri may even play this week if the Fox ain’t fit. I say that because there is no way Taaffe plays fullback on Good Friday. He is too much of a liability under the high ball at the moment.

Fox comes straight back onto left wing if fit. The question then is does Tracey go to fullback or does Critta. If the latter, Tracey will be centre.

If Fox ain’t fit, then it will be Critta to fullback with Xerri at centre.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Xerri may even play this week if the Fox ain’t fit. I say that because there is no way Taaffe plays fullback on Good Friday. He is too much of a liability under the high ball at the moment.

Fox comes straight back onto left wing if fit. The question then is does Tracey go to fullback or does Critta. If the latter, Tracey will be centre.

If Fox ain’t fit, then it will be Critta to fullback with Xerri at centre.
We’ll know on Tuesday mate.
I reckon Ciro will be reluctant to tinker too much with a winning side, but agree Fox comes in if fit and the Scabbitohs will target their ex-boy in Taffe.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I only caught the last 10 minutes but geez Lipoi Hopoi’s stats really pop. 18 runs for 221 metres, 109 metres of which were post-contact metres.

Was he really that good or are they empty-type stats? It does also say that 53 of those metres were from a kick-return, but still.

U want context.. he started on the bench he's that good.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
U want context.. he started on the bench he's that good.
He played really well, 68 mins straight. Looked a bit lost when put in the second row between sexton and Perham 2 weeks ago, did a stint in Massey and came back strong. With ball in hand he could do a job in first grade, however bit worried about his defence. Needs to stiffen that up first. Jack todd looks like he may have more potential for first grade in the long run, however Lippo looks like he may be ready sooner. Both need to keep working on defence and hopefully put on a bit more size and should come good.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He played really well, 68 mins straight. Looked a bit lost when put in the second row between sexton and Perham 2 weeks ago, did a stint in Massey and came back strong. With ball in hand he could do a job in first grade, however bit worried about his defence. Needs to stiffen that up first. Jack todd looks like he may have more potential for first grade in the long run, however Lippo looks like he may be ready sooner. Both need to keep working on defence and hopefully put on a bit more size and should come good.
Both are still kids including Patolo who is still 22. I think Lipoi is only 20 years old too and eligible for flegg whilst Toddy just turned 22.

I can defo see all three pushing for spots next year... I reckon Lipoi might debut at the back end of this year.

Reactions: ATT