Opinion The Work Behind The Scenes

Steve Bos

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m confident most Bulldogs voting members know the score leading up to February’s election of football club directors but since we have a few agitators on here like @04 Dreaming, @Polly Power, @Flanagun and some others I thought it would be useful to provide some non confidential insight into some things going on behind the scenes to strengthen the Dogs future.

Last night Ciraldo and Burton attended the St. Gregory’s Sports Dinner - neither of them are old boys and you’d think being in Campbelltown St. Greg’s would be Tigertown. Apparently they’ve been snubbed by the dysfunctional lot from Concord in favour of Eaglevale High School who have their sights set on being a sports high school. Subsequently St. Greg’s, as most know being a long time nursery of RL talent are favouring the Bulldogs for their students to lean towards. It’s also happening at some other clubs in SW Sydney such as around Menai. Gus is pushing the Bulldog boundary all the way to the Shire to get the best new talent from Sydney along with areas we know about including Northern NSW, Kingsland and NZ.

I know we’re all starved of success for our NRL team - it’s been years and we all want better. But to disrupt the momentum again would be taking a step back that could cost even more years to see success. We’re yet to see if a rival ticket even surfaces for the election but not only do I think the incumbents are safe with the investment in the CoE, two lower grade premierships in 2023, a waiting list to join our kit sponsorship and gradual improvement of our NRL squad, it would take a rabbit out of a hat for me to vote for anyone else.

Stay strong Dogs fans - better times are ahead.
No way would I vote for anyone else.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Juniors is not that big a deal
Look at melb storm. Built a dynasty without a junior base
Talent identification is better
Like how no one would give Slater a gig until storm stepped in

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Juniors is not that big a deal
Look at melb storm. Built a dynasty without a junior base
Talent identification is better
Like how no one would give Slater a gig until storm stepped in
They did have a junior base - it was just in Queensland - hence Slater. Cronk, Smith etc.
‘Talent identification’ is great - when there’s players on the market - of which there wasn’t many for 2024…

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not asserting he would agree. Saying that’s what it would take to get me to a club GM at the moment.

Probably my blue and white man merkin. Looking forward to whipping it out again over the summer holidays.
Is that to control your lice problem?

Only fair that I answer.
2015 Ruby Jubilee (80 years) jersey.
Represents 80 years as a Club obviously, WiL and WWII diggers when we wore the same design minus sponsors due to shortages ('43-'46).
Ties with Baa's '95 match day jersey, signed by the whole team with club CoA.

EDIT - added dates

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is that to control your lice problem?

Only fair that I answer.
2015 Ruby Jubilee (80 years) jersey.
Represents 80 years as a Club obviously, WiL and WWII diggers when we wore the same design minus sponsors due to shortages ('43-'46).
Ties with Baa's '95 match day jersey, signed by the whole team with club CoA.

EDIT - added dates
Are you actually trying to start a what gear I own dick measuring contest? Fuckin lol

Nobody cares, Fam

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The replies that you and I receive are not similar.
Most appear to as a generalisation, agree with me.
Yes, because you are operating in an echo chamber of people who don’t want to face the truth.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you actually trying to start a what gear I own dick measuring contest? Fuckin lol

Nobody cares, Fam
No, I was affording you the opportunity to demonstrate your actual passion for the Club via your gear.
Yet, as usual, you've failed to realise intent and only made yourself appear more the fool than before.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, because you are operating in an echo chamber of people who don’t want to face the truth.
Truth*

*cited sources are the thoughts of a selective small group of clowns

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
They did have a junior base - it was just in Queensland - hence Slater. Cronk, Smith etc.
‘Talent identification’ is great - when there’s players on the market - of which there wasn’t many for 2024…
In nrl there are thinking positions and brawn positions and the Storms is masters of it.

You don’t need to worry about size and It is good to get alot of head if you are a halfback, hooker, 5/8 etc

Other positions don’t involve head as much and you just need a good body. Props, wingers, you can find kids with good bodies and take them to Melbourne and make them work, Islanders or black kids usually. With wingers anyone with good legs. Just need to do a straight job.
This is why the storm is powerful

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In nrl there are thinking positions and brawn positions and the Storms is masters of it.

You don’t need to worry about size and It is good to get alot of head if you are a halfback, hooker, 5/8 etc

Other positions don’t involve head as much and you just need a good body. Props, wingers, you can find kids with good bodies and take them to Melbourne and make them work, Islanders or black kids usually. With wingers anyone with good legs. Just need to do a straight job.
This is why the storm is powerful
Sure, whatevs.
You said Storm didn’t have a nursery and they did.
The NRL was never going to let a Melbourne team fail until they were established - that market was too important in an AFL town. They were supported.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure, whatevs.
You said Storm didn’t have a nursery and they did.
The NRL was never going to let a Melbourne team fail until they were established - that market was too important in an AFL town. They were supported.
This I believe yes.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we pick up an eventual NRL quality player from 10% of the schools we work with each year, it's immensely helpful to add as many schools as possible. I love the initiative. Grow our own foundations by stealing from the neighbours neglected quarries.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we pick up an eventual NRL quality player from 10% of the schools we work with each year, it's immensely helpful to add as many schools as possible. I love the initiative. Grow our own foundations by stealing from the neighbours neglected quarries.
Exactly. Cast the net as wide as possible and build a funnel that’ll be very wide at the top and narrow at the bottom, but it won’t be closed! (Mixed metaphors I know).