Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can I just say what a movie highly recommended, must watch!! has it all sex, money and drugs in the corporate world. What a life he has... 12/10

Great acting from Leo tbh.

Margot Robbie what a machine of a sexy bitch!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Money from the movie partially goes to Jordan Belfort.
None of those people he ripped of will never see their money again.

Why make a known (and convicted) conman any richer!!

I've met Belfort personally, and seen him as a motivational speaker. Not a real arsehole of a guy, but he sent a lot of people to the wall/streets.

Also the ending is not what actually happened to him...
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...and-the-men-who-brought-him-down-9047015.html

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh, thanks for that... i thought the movie was brilliant!! when did you met him? was it through one of his motivational speaking seminars

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Mr I,

From Jordan's FB account:

"To all my friends and fans, and my "friends" in the press. This is one of the most important posts I've ever made:

There was an utterly insane and libelous article in the Wall Street Journal that alleged, among other things, that I have fled to Australia to avoid paying my restitution, and that I am using loopholes to keep my assets out of reach of the US government. In addition, it also alleged that I have not paid any restitution in years, have been keeping book royalties for myself, and that I have not agreed to turn over 100% of the profits of both books and the movie (that I essentially made that whole post last week up)!. But the truly craziest part of all was that the WSJ's source was allegedly a spokesperson for the government, a Mr. Nardoza, from the US Attorney's office.

This false and libelous story has now been circulated around the globe, in all forms of media, and has caused significant damage to my reputation as a man who not only owns his mistakes but also makes it a point to go above and beyond to do the right thing.

Fortunately, the US Attorney's Office, through my attorney, has issued me a personal apology and the Wall Street Journal will run a correction. I respect them for promptly admitting their mistake (which I believe was isolated to this one man, and, hence, not indicative of the integrity of the entire office), although the damage it has caused has already been done. Please repost my post, to spread the word, as the article was the most idiotic, venomous and blatantly false attack on my character, and how I have lived my new life, that i have ever experienced. As always, I am still 100% committed to turning over 100% of the profits of both books and the movie, which I hope will amount to many, many millions."

Take it for what it is, but he has said for some time that he is committed to paying back those he wronged.

As for the movie, I was disappointed with it having read and loved the book, but still enjoyed it.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good read ^^

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-truth-says-us-government-20140111-30ndt.html
http://www.avclub.com/article/it-seems-the-wolf-of-wall-streets-jordan-belfort-m-106981
http://www.uproxx.com/filmdrunk/201...about-not-profiting-from-wolf-of-wall-street/

Hmmm seems his Facebook post was misleading as well.

Ahh, thanks for that... i thought the movie was brilliant!! when did you met him? was it through one of his motivational speaking seminars
Microsoft or Symantec seminar from memory.

My problem is that, whilst he speaks well, he comes across as either non repentent for his actions, or borderline gloating about he got such little prison time for the amount of things he got done for.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait until you guys see Margot Robbie in this film *drools*

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
f--king gorgeous wouldsmash/10

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. American Hustle was better.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. American Hustle was better.
I disagree. Although still a good movie, it was poorly paced (First half dragged on way too long) and over-acted. Jeniffer Lawrence and Brad Cooper just always over do it all the time in the acting department that it just gets annoying. Christian Bale carried the movie in my opinion.

The Wolf of Wall Street is typical Scorsese brilliance. It was a long movie... but you wouldn't have known with it's constant entertainment from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.