The Weight Loss Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since October i have dropped 16kgs still have a bit to go to i get to my goal weight, the wife is helping out and she has lost 5kgs herself. Just wondering who else has had success with weight loss, what exercises you do and motivation techniques etc

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Top effort , im sort of a fat fukk so trying to drop the gut I walk 10 kms a day and masterbate a lot . Ill check the scales to see what I dropped im not sure .

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol i usually do 6kms before work, 5kms walking and 1km jogging then hit the rowing machine for 20 mins, plus i walk 4kms total to and from work..there is a new 24 hour gym opening soon so im gonna join that too. Im off to Bali in 4 months so i want to lose at least 15kgs more before then.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol i usually do 6kms before work, 5kms walking and 1km jogging then hit the rowing machine for 20 mins, plus i walk 4kms total to and from work..there is a new 24 hour gym opening soon so im gonna join that too. Im off to Bali in 4 months so i want to lose at least 15kgs more before then.
Good effort I think I need 2 drop about 15 to be the right weight , I wont go as far as a gym .and im not to hell bent if I dont reach my goal anytime soon with xmas coming up its a down hill battle

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good effort I think I need 2 drop about 15 to be the right weight , I wont go as far as a gym .and im not to hell bent if I dont reach my goal anytime soon with xmas coming up its a down hill battle
Christmas is a lot easier for me these days, i went vegetarian in August so a lot less things to tempt me lol

Just noticed your from Woy Woy, i used to live at Bateau Bay, went to school at Gosford

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Christmas is a lot easier for me these days, i went vegetarian in August so a lot less things to tempt me lol

Just noticed your from Woy Woy, i used to live at Bateau Bay, went to school at Gosford
Ill never leave the coast lol I've tried but I keep coming back.
Years ago I went thru a vegan stage for some bizzare reason learned a lot of cool meals to make . There is some great vego meals about

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Since October i have dropped 16kgs still have a bit to go to i get to my goal weight, the wife is helping out and she has lost 5kgs herself. Just wondering who else has had success with weight loss, what exercises you do and motivation techniques etc
Props to you for dropping that amount of weight in such a short period, keep it going man. Im the opposite of ypu though, been trying to put on weight atm aha

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst exercise will boost metqbolism and make you feel better, the real weight loss is on the consumption side.

East less. East less crap.

Good on you for the weight loss. I've given up losing weight for my wedding. Will just have to hold my gut in...

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My biggest problem has been keeping the weight off, i lost 14kgs before my wedding a few years back but put it back on plus some, this time once i get to my goal weight i want to do a personal trainers course to help keep me fit long term. Cheers for the encouraging words guys!!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
can we start a putting on weight thread...ive put on 7kg in 6 months :grinning:
im not obese...but i feel it..

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I weighed over 122kg in july 2008. I got down to 82kg (my lightest) in 2011. Now steady at 92kg

The thing I have found is, motivation is key. If you can get the motivation, the rest is easy. And the best motivation is seeing results, once you see the fat burn off you want mooaaarrrr.

For me the most effective way to drop the weight was running. And obviously stop eating shit.

My tips

• Don't necessarily need to eat less (actually more is better), just eat smart. e.g. Have your carbs early in the day, keep everything in moderation, separate into small meals etc. I work in an office, so i try to eat health during the work week, then normal on the weekends.
  • Training/exercise will keep you motivated to eat right. Don't have to over do it, just 3 days week of exercise consistently will do the trick.
  • Don't do any hard core diets. Choose a lifestyle/diet plan that you know you can keep permanently. No point in losing 10kg then putting it back on once you stop.
  • Eat foods that will boost your metabolism. Green tea, almonds, chilli, cinnamon (most spices actually). I like to put cinnamon on my wheetbix.
  • Weight training also helps you to build muscle that will effectively help you to burn fat even when you're not doing anything. And it's fun. I highly recommend getting into this!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a fitness thread on here that has heaps of tips.

Also, keep coming back on the kennel or whatever blog site and tell everyone of your progress, it will keep you motivated.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was chubby as a kid but when I got to about 13 or 14 I got picked on by some guy at school and lost weight .Now I spend my days looking for him online in hope we can set up a dinner date so I can stand him up..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was chubby as a kid but when I got to about 13 or 14 I got picked on by some guy at school and lost weight .Now I spend my days looking for him online in hope we can set up a dinner date so I can stand him up..
Did you shave your legs manbeast ?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whilst exercise will boost metqbolism and make you feel better, the real weight loss is on the consumption side.

East less. East less crap.

Good on you for the weight loss. I've given up losing weight for my wedding. Will just have to hold my gut in...
yep, you can train your ass off non stop but if you are stuffing your face as well you will only be burning off what you ate.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
its 80% diet.. cut out the sugar and white food such as breads, rice etc.

Eat regularly but eat smaller meals.

If you are doing alot of cardio try and eat alot of protein to limit muscle loss.

You can lose alot of weight by just doing weights, but its good to throw some cardio in there as well. Just depends on what body shape you are going for.

Different things work for different people

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its 80% diet.. cut out the sugar and white food such as breads, rice etc.

Eat regularly but eat smaller meals.

If you are doing alot of cardio try and eat alot of protein to limit muscle loss.

You can lose alot of weight by just doing weights, but its good to throw some cardio in there as well. Just depends on what body shape you are going for.

Different things work for different people

Only shop around the perimeter of the grocery store; i.e. fresh food....completely avoiding anything processed.

Cutting sugar (completely, or) to less than 50g/day is ideal.
Metabolic syndrome associated with fatty liver disease is becoming a huge silent misdiagnosed dilemma, in that even non-obese folks who physically appear healthy, are in fact entering a Type II Diabetes symptomatology.

I strongly suggest everyone, whether interested in weight loss/gain or maintenance checks out "Fed Up" [video=vimeo;107524227]http://vimeo.com/107524227[/video]
http://vimeo.com/107524227

If you're experiencing difficulty shifting weight, consider looking at the added sugar content of everything you consume.

~cb.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i have lost weight recently, believe it or not eating less and moving more actually works ffs, i used to think it was a rumour

oh and if you must measure your weight on a daily basis i recommend getting a scale that reads out in pounds because then you see a more detailed result

Status
Not open for further replies.