The uncomfortable truth about Schoupp

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not sure you have nailed this but your not completely wrong, centre's fucking up generally in defence SURELY make the winger's look bad also...

Plus i reckon your good for a laugh and have a decent or at least witty comeback in you quite often.Our very own Rex Mossop of the 2020's...LOL
Haha cheers, mate. You’re a good egg eith a sense of humour.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 tackles, 6 missed tackles, 1 ineffective tackle.

Week in, week out, Schoupp is our worst defender. There’s your hero for you, Kennel.

Should be dropped for Corey Allan next week. I don’t care if he runs hard. He couldn’t put an earthworm to ground.
I’m sure 80% on here wouldn’t agree with u,sure he misses tackles he will learn,he’s played not even a dozen games,but he’s a real competitor runs hard constantly makes ground,and plays with controlled aggression,certainly shows more promise than averilo at the moment.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m sure 80% on here wouldn’t agree with u,sure he misses tackles he will learn,he’s played not even a dozen games,but he’s a real competitor runs hard constantly makes ground,and plays with controlled aggression,certainly shows more promise than averilo at the moment.
Averillo has better footwork, a short kicking game and a better passing game. I don’t think Averillo is a half, but if someone as bad defensively as Schoupp can play centre, avo certainly could.

Yes, he runs hard and puts in effort, but that’s about all he has going for him. He has limited skill and next to no defensive ability.

People are well within their rights to disagree, but I look forward to the day Alamoti is ready to step up to first grade. When that day comes, there will be no place for Schoupp in our team.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We let go of a very good centre in Morgan Harper and bought bog average or wannabe centre’s such as Allen & Chotrich.
Harper is just as terrible as those players lol

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so he makes 7/9? Not bad for a 19 year old defensive disaster eh
I was wrong....2 misses when you’re only making 9 a game is still awful. Especially when he isn’t being “credited” for all the tries he causes on his wing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
so he makes 7/9? Not bad for a 19 year old defensive disaster eh
It’s terrible...especially if you factor in the fact he regularly rushes in, resulting in tries on the sideline because the winger is forced to come in to try snd cover for his bad decisions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Enough to show he is not a good defender shd doesn’t have any footwork.... he may improve on the former in time.... he’ll never improve on the latter. Gone on, bro. If he were playing for any other club he’d be on the wing in nsw cup..the fact people are looking at him as a silver lining only emphasises what a dismal time this has been in the club’s history.,
Same could be said about your mate. He shouldn't even be in NSW Cup.

Schoupp CAN and MAY improve but Elliott has proven he CAN'T and WON'T improve.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He missed almost as many tackles as he made today.... yet the kennel treats him as if he’s an emerging superstar. Not sure why people keep comparing him to Elliott. Elliott food nothing but criticism on here.... if someone dares to criticise Schoupp, people get their knickers in a knot and start keyboard shouting and name calling. Defensively he’s not ready for first grade. That’s my opinion. Elliott has been bad defensively too this year.... but he hasn’t been anywhere near as much of a liability as Schoupp.
Your reply to my comment made no reference to my actual comment. I mention Allen, you speak of Elliot. I didn't blindly defend Schoup, I just said he is young, needs some work and is playing with a team that is all defending like shit. I think we have other bigger problems that need fixing before Schoup...

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No our wingers like Okunbor are just shite
It’s terrible...especially if you factor in the fact he regularly rushes in, resulting in tries on the sideline because the winger is forced to come in to try snd cover for his bad decisions.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will he make the 22 Canterbury Allstars?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo has better footwork, a short kicking game and a better passing game. I don’t think Averillo is a half, but if someone as bad defensively as Schoupp can play centre, avo certainly could.

Yes, he runs hard and puts in effort, but that’s about all he has going for him. He has limited skill and next to no defensive ability.

People are well within their rights to disagree, but I look forward to the day Alamoti is ready to step up to first grade. When that day comes, there will be no place for Schoupp in our team.
From what I’ve read on here,no one agrees with you,but democracy allows opinions to be heard,which is unfortunate for some of us.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Same could be said about your mate. He shouldn't even be in NSW Cup.

Schoupp CAN and MAY improve but Elliott has proven he CAN'T and WON'T improve.
Schoupp has no skills at all. Running hard is all he's got. Elliott has all the skills, running lines, passing, building robots, chess. Elliott will come good with a good coach. Schoupp is a nsw cup winger

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
From what I’ve read on here,no one agrees with you,but democracy allows opinions to be heard,which is unfortunate for some of us.
I'm clearly in a minority here, but a number of people have agreed with me on this thread alone.....the bloke can't defend and is almost as lacking in skill as his barber.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8 tackles, 6 missed tackles, 1 ineffective tackle.

Week in, week out, Schoupp is our worst defender. There’s your hero for you, Kennel.

Should be dropped for Corey Allan next week. I don’t care if he runs hard. He couldn’t put an earthworm to ground.
Hi utility half,
I'd be happy so see your source for Schoupp's defensive stats.
You're bagging already a bloke that's been in first grade for 5 minutes.
I suggest you give him a bit of time before you next cast your doom and gloom upon him.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm clearly in a minority here, but a number of people have agreed with me on this thread alone.....the bloke can't defend and is almost as lacking in skill as his barber.
Just because a number of people have agreed with you doesn't make your view any more sensible - it just makes their view as nonsensical
as yours. It's good you have a go, I'm all for more comedy on the Kennel !!