The UFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Light Heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Mauricio Rua
Rua defeated Liddell via TKO (strikes) at 4:28 of round 1.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Matt Wiman
Stout defeated Wiman via unaninmous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Middleweight Championship bout: Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites
Silva defeats Leites via unanimous decision (49-46, 48-47, 50-46).

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After Chuck Liddell's loss against Mauricio Rua. Dana White said its the last time Liddell is going to hit the canvas. That is going to be Liddell's last fight. But anyways, Congratulations to him for his marvellous career and he is a MMA legend.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cuck"The Iceman"Liddell has melted once again.he's been great for the sport but has seen better days,his last few fights ending with him being ko'd(i think 4 of his last 6). hopefully he'll stick around the ufc behind the scenes seein as that was his last fight.
Also if anyone has a Xbox360 or PS3 the ufc game UFC 2009 Undisputed will be coming out on the 21st of May.there is also a demo of the game coming out on the 23rd of April on the xbox marketplace and for the ps3 aswell. http://www.ufcundisputed.com/#/home is the link to the official site.i for one is very excited about it and cant wait for it to be released.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I can't wait for the up and coming fights

Rashad Evans VS Lyoto Machida

Georges St Pierre VS Thiago Alves

Wanderlei Silva VS Rich Franklin

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida May 23, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada

Main card
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida
Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
Middleweight bout: James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries
Middleweight bout: Yushin Okami vs. Dan Miller
Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. Frank Edgar

Preliminary card
Welterweight bout: Brock Larson vs. Chris Wilson
Heavyweight bout: Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
Lightweight bout: Phillipe Nover vs. Kyle Bradley
Light Heavyweight bout: Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff
Lightweight bout: Dave Kaplan vs. George Roop

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeh i cant wait for UFC 98 either... its got like 2 blokes on their that have never been defeated in rashad evans and lyoto machida... this should be an awesome fight - id like 2see rashad come out on top in this 1 - i just love this blokes fighting style, etc

the matt hughes and matt serra fight should be an interesting one as well as these guys hated each other when they were coaches of their respective teams on the ultimate fighter.

they're the 2 main fights on the card that i really want to see - everything else is jst ur fairly standard ufc fights...

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't mind watching Rashad Evan face Quinton Jackson. I think that would be a great fight. But I think Lyoto Machida will win that fight. His very strong and has a good take down defence. No doubt, Evans got the more power but I can see Machida hopping around the octagon hit and run technique.

Matt Hughes VS Matt Serra should be interesting as well.

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yeh i cant wait for UFC 98 either... its got like 2 blokes on their that have never been defeated in rashad evans and lyoto machida... this should be an awesome fight - id like 2see rashad come out on top in this 1 - i just love this blokes fighting style, etc

the matt hughes and matt serra fight should be an interesting one as well as these guys hated each other when they were coaches of their respective teams on the ultimate fighter.

they're the 2 main fights on the card that i really want to see - everything else is jst ur fairly standard ufc fights...

Who do you think will win Hughes or Serra???

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spewing about liddels fight, But cant wait for the ufc game.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope Evans annihilates Machida.
Hughes to beat Serra
Miller to beat Okami

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who do you think will win Hughes or Serra???
ummm thats a tough 1 - both are pretty decent fighters but I think are nearing the end of their careers... if i was to pick a winner, I reckon that Serra will come out on top- put it this way, they both lost to GSP so i dunno- will be a fairly equal fight but I think I want Serra to win.

other than that, I want Rashad Evans to win the other fight- i jst reckon he's an animal of a fighter and I reckon he is something that's good for the sport...

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ummm thats a tough 1 - both are pretty decent fighters but I think are nearing the end of their careers... if i was to pick a winner, I reckon that Serra will come out on top- put it this way, they both lost to GSP so i dunno- will be a fairly equal fight but I think I want Serra to win.

other than that, I want Rashad Evans to win the other fight- i jst reckon he's an animal of a fighter and I reckon he is something that's good for the sport...

Yeah I watched the GSP VS Matt Serra 2 fight. Serra got owned!!! I think Serra will win via TKO.

Evans VS Machida. Hmmm its a hard one both undefeated.... But I gotta feeling Machida will win. One thing that freaked me out is that Machida drinks his own urine in the morning for medicine >.<

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I watched the GSP VS Matt Serra 2 fight. Serra got owned!!! I think Serra will win via TKO.

Evans VS Machida. Hmmm its a hard one both undefeated.... But I gotta feeling Machida will win. One thing that freaked me out is that Machida drinks his own urine in the morning for medicine >.<
Are u serious with the urine thing?? yeh man some of the ufc fighters are fu$%ed with their diets, etc... i remember watching a series of the ultimate fighter where they jst pissed in each others' food for ****s and giggles lol... i guess its from all the hits they've taken 2 the head...

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ohh another interesting stat 2 mention bout hughes v serra...

both men have defeated AND been defeated by GSP... although Hughes defeated GSP in 2004 (pretty much in Hughes' prime) and Serra beat GSP in 2007..

no doubt it'll be an awesome fight!

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah.... GSP VS Thiago Alves should be a beauty....

To be honest UFC Light-Heavyweight theres too many contenders now...

UFC Middleweight is interesting now because they got some hungry fighters coming up to get a title shot. Yoshihiro Akiyama, Yushi Okami, Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva in the mix.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Psyched... Machida should win. Going to preview the game tonight when i get UFC Unleashed from the shops

Status
Not open for further replies.