MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Watched a replay last night.

Here's where I have an issue. A takedown with just control shouldn't be rated at all. A takedown with a genuine sub attempt that is way off the mark shouldn't be rated either. To me, Grasso didn't do anywhere near enough to win the 5th. Yet a judge gave that 10-8 to Grasso. And that made the draw. Thats a crime.

Close but felt it was clear who won it. And I really like Grasso.
I think that Shevchenko probably narrowly won it as well. Grasso did well to finish strong after she was getting beaten to the punch in the 3rd and 4th. Hopefully they get a trilogy fight, it's deserved.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Agree mate it wasn’t her classiest post fight speech. It was a very close fight, absolute cracker. Think Grasso rushed a few moments she had Valentina hurt bad in the second.
She didn't make the most of the opportunity after dropping her with that hook. Was a good match up, I never saw their first fight.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think that Shevchenko probably narrowly won it as well. Grasso did well to finish strong after she was getting beaten to the punch in the 3rd and 4th. Hopefully they get a trilogy fight, it's deserved.
Shevchenko got robbed. No way was the last round 10-8 to Grasso.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@Doogie you watch today bruz? I enjoyed that card some high level fighters on display. Unfortunately for Fiziev but I think Gamrot was slowly getting on top.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
@tonee how come you don’t comment anymore on the fights bro?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie you watch today bruz? I enjoyed that card some high level fighters on display. Unfortunately for Fiziev but I think Gamrot was slowly getting on top.
Bit and pieces. After watching the karate hottie become the karate nottie - had other stuff to do. Thought Malkoun was a bit ripped off, draw for sure. Copped worse forearms than that in a Coles queue. And got home just as Fizievs knee went for a wander....

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just announced. Charles cut badly at training and islam vs Charles is off.

Volk vs islam 2 is on.

Fck yeah.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Crazy how things work out sometimes… can’t wait.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Crazy how things work out sometimes… can’t wait.
Should be very interesting. Short prep for Volk but as he won't have a crazy cut that should be ok. And tbf - think Islam will try to take out Volk on his feet - so hopefully his striking guys are working on that.

My guess is they have seen something they like in Islam on the feet. I just hope it doesn't become another stupid Islam trying to dry hump Volk fight.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be very interesting. Short prep for Volk but as he won't have a crazy cut that should be ok. And tbf - think Islam will try to take out Volk on his feet - so hopefully his striking guys are working on that.

My guess is they have seen something they like in Islam on the feet. I just hope it doesn't become another stupid Islam trying to dry hump Volk fight.
Yeah it’s not a lot of time to prepare specifically for a particular guy when you got to consider travel as well he would have had to say good bye to his family almost straight away and probably on a flight right now.

I think he had mixed success both on the feet and on the ground last time just the showboating and getting distracted caused the take down and then body triangle where he got stuck in the 4th. No mucking around this time. Going to be a hostile crowd for him basically what Makhachev walked into last time. Maybe that’s better for Volk then a home crowd let’s see.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
And.... as predicted. Costa has bailed on Chimaev and is replaced by.....

Usman.

Thats looking like a seriously cracking card now.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Usman.

Chimaev is going to rag doll Usman, Chinaev is a terminator lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Usman.

Interesting match up. If Usman can stifle the take downs which I think he probably can then the fight will mostly be on the feet. Not sure on Usmans chin at MW.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently Dana saying winner of Chimeav & Usman next title shot with Strickland. Big f you to Dricus for not accepting the title shot with Izzy originally. But the UFC can still make that fight happen as a no 1 contender fight in the new year.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Well @NPC83 - early morning on Sunday.
Ussie v Smesh
Islam v Volk
What you thinking?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well @NPC83 - early morning on Sunday.
Ussie v Smesh
Islam v Volk
What you thinking?
Brooo I’ve already told my wife and kids I’m going to bed early Saturday :tearsofjoy: there is a couple fights on the prelims I want to watch as well. On the plus side I can smoke some ribs also.

I think Usman vs Khamzat will mostly be a war. At WW i’d favour Usman but at MW I think Khamzat is going to feel big for him in the clinches and I’m not sure if he can stop the take down attempts consistently.

Volk & Makhachev could play out so many ways. Volks going to step on the gas early I think and I believe he can hurt Makhachev.

Thats all I got bro… short notice fights are hard to pick. Your thoughts?