The Tottenham Hotspur F.C. Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I guess since Capello quit or got sacked by the FA, the media pressure on Harry to takeover as Englands coach has had a lot of effect on Tottinghams form.

At the start of the year they were up there, 3 pts behind Utd 'challenging' for the title and have slipped down the table out of the top 4.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's right. Challenging at one point and now doing a parra...

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
arrys a **** manager, wouldnt be suprised to see modric leave either, and no adebayor next season.

disappointing.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
It's going to be a long off season.
Yep

Redknapp to leave Spurs

Sky Sports sources understand Harry Redknapp is set to leave Tottenham Hotspur after nearly four years in charge at White Hart Lane.

Speculation about Redknapp's future has been building steadily since the end of the season, with reports suggesting that relationships have become strained over contract negotiations.

The 65-year-old's current deal expires next summer and he has previously made it clear that he would like to be offered a longer agreement.

Redknapp has also stressed in the past that he has no problem with chairman Daniel Levy, and dismissed claims earlier this week that he had resigned.

But while he had wanted to remain at Spurs, it is thought they have now decided to part ways following a meeting between Levy and Redknapp on Wednesday.

It is understood that a severance package is being discussed and Redknapp will officially leave the club by the end of Thursday.

Redknapp did achieve Levy's goal of reaching the top four last term, but Spurs missed out on playing in the UEFA Champions League after Chelsea's penalty shoot-out win over Bayern Munich.

Tottenham had occupied a position in the top three for much of the campaign, but faded badly after the turn of the year.

The slump in form coincided with stories linking Redknapp to the England job after Fabio Capello's departure, although the Spurs manager did not think it was a factor.

Roy Hodgson was surprisingly named as Capello's successor ahead of Redknapp and the focus is now set to turn to who will come in at White Hart Lane.

Everton boss David Moyes has been installed as the early favourite to take the reins at Tottenham next season.

Malla

Reaction score
Moyes is a great coach. What he does year in year out with Everton with their roster is unbelieveable - to keep them in the top 10 and most years playing European football.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Moyes doesn't go to Spurs. I really like him and his Everton teams.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they bloody don't go backwards after this.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be a cracker this week against Chelsea. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
even when they got infront.......i was never confident the spuds culd finish chelsea off.......
chelsea united and city are a class above teams like arsenal spuds and liverpool

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Tottenham just know how to bottle a lead... why isnt Lloris given a go for the yids?

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it comes down to the quality of the players, how much a club can spend on their team. Even the week before Spurs were fighting to stay in front of Man u. Arr well, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XSSlZd3nJqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSSlZd3nJqQ&feature=related[/video]

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XSSlZd3nJqQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSSlZd3nJqQ&feature=related[/video]
"In the cup for Tottenham........" Fucking love it. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.