The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank fook for steel capped boots otherwise I would of probably needed to get a foot amputated!

I once had to lift a double amputee back into her chair!

You'd think people losing limbs would make you lighter?
Doesn't work that way though
Steel capped boots are also good to fix up people who don’t behave! Lol!

Kudos to you for picking up the amputee!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Steel capped boots are also good to fix up people who don’t behave! Lol!

Kudos to you for picking up the amputee!
It took a friend and me to lift her.
How does that work with them getting heavier though?
Removing limbs adds to dead weight I guess?.

I hope I never need to get legs amputated.
If that happens I'll be going for a final destination to Switzerland!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It took a friend and me to lift her.
How does that work with them getting heavier though?
Removing limbs adds to dead weight I guess?.
I hope I never need to get legs amputated.
If that happens I'll be going for a final destination to Switzerland!
Bud as long as you have fully functioning arms and hands the world is your oyster..Trust me..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Bud as long as you have fully functioning arms and hands the world is your oyster..Trust me..
true.
My legs are becoming a burden anyway.
If I sit down for too long my legs go numb.
I sometimes have to stand up and let the blood flow through my legs before I can walk.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
true.
My legs are becoming a burden anyway.
If I sit down for too long my legs go numb.
I sometimes have to stand up and let the blood flow through my legs before I can walk.
The fact that you are a big unit I’m not surprised!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moscow's last ditch efforts at Christmas time, wet blanket mudda fookers need a life.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
BMW. So just now, a BMW pulled up in front of my house. After about 30 mins, another car comes up and pulls up beside it. A young lady, maybe 20 or 21 (green P) gets out of the BMW. It has a flat tyre. The car behind it was her dad coming to help her. They search the boot for a spare tyre - that's what caught my attention. I head on outside to make sure they're ok, and they say they're looking for the spare tyre to change it. I told them no point, that's a 3 series beema and they don't have spares anywhere. The poor girl would've been stranded if her dad wasn't able to come and get her. They gotta keep the car here overnight and get a towie to come tomorrow to take it to some local tyre shop.

Why are BMW so stingey on the important little conveniences? They charge customers up to $500 to replace a car key... something that probably costs them $20
to create, and they have no spare tyre, not even a mini tyre, in the boot of their cars.

Pffft.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BMW. So just now, a BMW pulled up in front of my house. After about 30 mins, another car comes up and pulls up beside it. A young lady, maybe 20 or 21 (green P) gets out of the BMW. It has a flat tyre. The car behind it was her dad coming to help her. They search the boot for a spare tyre - that's what caught my attention. I head on outside to make sure they're ok, and they say they're looking for the spare tyre to change it. I told them no point, that's a 3 series beema and they don't have spares anywhere. The poor girl would've been stranded if her dad wasn't able to come and get her. They gotta keep the car here overnight and get a towie to come tomorrow to take it to some local tyre shop.

Why are BMW so stingey on the important little conveniences? They charge customers up to $500 to replace a car key... something that probably costs them $20
to create, and they have no spare tyre, not even a mini tyre, in the boot of their cars.

Pffft.
Haven't they got that puncture repair can? If they don't then it might be a great purchase in the future.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Pffft.
It's annoying just knowing that the P plater is driving a BMW. There's a very small chance that she worked for it. But I'd guess she's one of the privileged people who grew up being fed with silver spoons.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haven't they got that puncture repair can? If they don't then it might be a great purchase in the future.
Her dad looked like he took everything except the kitchen sink out of her boot lol. She didn’t look like she knew a lot about cars... or puncture repair kits. She asked me if the spare tyre could’ve been stored under the seat :tearsofjoy:

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked a guy that I work with today how he was going and he replied “I’m winning”, and then he just casually walked away as if he genuinely didn’t realise what a fuckwit he was for saying that.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's annoying just knowing that the P plater is driving a BMW. There's a very small chance that she worked for it. But I'd guess she's one of the privileged people who grew up being fed with silver spoons.
Tbf, owning a BMW is nothing special, especially if you live with your parents.

On the other bit, I think run flat tyres are shit, but surely if you own a BMW, you know it doesn't have a spare? People can't be that ignorant ?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her dad looked like he took everything except the kitchen sink out of her boot lol. She didn’t look like she knew a lot about cars... or puncture repair kits. She asked me if the spare tyre could’ve been stored under the seat :tearsofjoy:
I think cause I’m about to upgrade my car and I’ve been taking more notice, but I’ve only just recently realised just how many beamers and mercs are on the road these days in Oz. Nothing against these brands, I love the premium versions, but the vast majority I see are basically the rival to Kia Rio’s, Hyundai SVU’s and Mazda 3 and 6’s, and mostly pretty shitty rivals at that. There’s a 2nd hand lot near where I work that sell mainly old beamers, and there’s an endless range of about 2017 ones for about $17k, and mostly they are hideous (definitely some nice ones in there), but I can see the attraction in this day and age when it’s seemingly not about the vehicle itself or whether it’s actually the right car for you, it’s more about the badge and how that will play on Instagram and boost, in their minds, their image.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think cause I’m about to upgrade my car and I’ve been taking more notice, but I’ve only just recently realised just how many beamers and mercs are on the road these days in Oz. Nothing against these brands, I love the premium versions, but the vast majority I see are basically the rival to Kia Rio’s, Hyundai SVU’s and Mazda 3 and 6’s, and mostly pretty shitty rivals at that. There’s a 2nd hand lot near where I work that sell mainly old beamers, and there’s an endless range of about 2017 ones for about $17k, and mostly they are hideous (definitely some nice ones in there), but I can see the attraction in this day and age when it’s seemingly not about the vehicle itself or whether it’s actually the right car for you, it’s more about the badge and how that will play on Instagram and boost, in their minds, their image.
Yep I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I want a decent car, but paying for a Merc or Beamer simply to glam up your life on Social media? No thanks... I’ll stick to my Toyota’s which have a good reputation of safety, affordability, and reliability.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep I agree. Don’t get me wrong, I want a decent car, but paying for a Merc or Beamer simply to glam up your life o. Social media? No thanks... I’ll stick to my Toyota’s which have a good reputation of safety, affordability, and reliability.
Camry?? Lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100 Series Cruisers rule.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The closure of the Carlingford train line to be eventually replaced by a tram that wont connect with Clyde.
More Liberal lunacy.