The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My neighbours.

We live in a row of "narrow block" homes, so with only 10m street frontage, our houses are about 3m apart. Normally you can't hear neighbours...

However, a young couple (I reckon late 20s) on one side of me have these fairly regular barneys. I'm talking screaming at each other, slamming doors. Both of them crying. I just feel like going around there whilst they are having one and just saying"for fuck sake, get your shit together!". Yesterday's blue involved her running to her car and him in pursuit, crying like a girl (Mrs CD said she thought it was two woman arguing). He's wailing: "please don't go, I love youuuuuuuuuuu". And to boot, she fails miserably on the crazy/hot scale. I saw this as a man who has been divorced: Why do people stay in these relationships? I've never heard any loud make up sex, so don't think its that.

The previous occupier was a dream - a 90 year old deaf lady.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah i got one of those Chinese calls the other day as well.
However, in future i might try your fart method.
Once I was expecting a call, I went to YouTube and searched for a woman orgasming sound file (no video). When the call came in, I answered and put the phone mic directly next to the PC speaker and pressed play on the video which had already loaded. When the video stopped (it went for about 2 mins), there was still some dickhead on the other line who was saying "hello?"

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wasting good farts on nothing - going to have to also try this method.
I often feel the fart is a largely undervalued tool of persuasion. It could also be used to close a large business deal over a phone too.

My neighbours.

We live in a row of "narrow block" homes, so with only 10m street frontage, our houses are about 3m apart. Normally you can't hear neighbours...

However, a young couple (I reckon late 20s) on one side of me have these fairly regular barneys. I'm talking screaming at each other, slamming doors. Both of them crying. I just feel like going around there whilst they are having one and just saying"for fuck sake, get your shit together!". Yesterday's blue involved her running to her car and him in pursuit, crying like a girl (Mrs CD said she thought it was two woman arguing). He's wailing: "please don't go, I love youuuuuuuuuuu". And to boot, she fails miserably on the crazy/hot scale. I saw this as a man who has been divorced: Why do people stay in these relationships? I've never heard any loud make up sex, so don't think its that.

The previous occupier was a dream - a 90 year old deaf lady.
Do you live next door to us?

Seriously our next door neighbour (Kiwi couple with kids) constantly sound like they are going to war with each other (at least one a week).

Banging and slamming doors, and one normally jumps in the car and speeds off up the road, returning hours later or some shit.

The other week it was "your'e a slut.. why don't you go fuck your other boyfriend" "you drunk dumb dog". The week before that "stay away from that **** brother of yours" "the drugs are tearing us apart".

and this is in a fairly middle socio economic area with $600-$700pw rents.. so not cheap/bogan.

It does serve as great entertainment if I'm honest... always good for a laugh considering me and the wifey have rarely even had a fight in 18 years together.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I often feel the fart is a largely undervalued tool of persuasion. It could also be used to close a large business deal over a phone too.

Do you live next door to us?

Seriously our next door neighbour (Kiwi couple with kids) constantly sound like they are going to war with each other (at least one a week).

Banging and slamming doors, and one normally jumps in the car and speeds off up the road, returning hours later or some shit.

The other week it was "your'e a slut.. why don't you go fuck your other boyfriend" "you drunk dumb dog". The week before that "stay away from that **** brother of yours" "the drugs are tearing us apart".

and this is in a fairly middle socio economic area with $600-$700pw rents.. so not cheap/bogan.

It does serve as great entertainment if I'm honest... always good for a laugh considering me and the wifey have rarely even had a fight in 18 years together.
It does remind us how easy it can be to hear our yelling too. If Mrs CD starts to raise her voice of get stroppy, I reply "do you want those fuckwits next door hearing us?".

I call my neighbour 2 doors down "Scumbag Steve". I don't know his real name but he's like a big hairy wharfie guy. He is forever swearing his head of at his missus (in front of their 2 very small children). I could even hear him one day whilst mowing my lawn, he's that frigging loud. The whole street has a dislike for him.

Other than those 2, I actually live in a really nice dead end street, where neighbours say hello etc. The lady on the other side of me is an independent 88 year old (still mows her own lawn), who has been like a grandmother to me. Always swapping veggies over the fence and she knits stuff for my son. When I had downstairs tenants they all came to love her too. One of those old ladies that keeps an eye out, but isn't a busybody. I'm hoping she never dies, or not until I move :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
While we're on the topic of angry neighbours, there was this incident a few years ago.

Some bloke who lived across the road a few doors up had a Mustang. He started it up on Sunday morning. He let it warm up a little and even revved the engine very lightly (no big deal). He then reversed out of his driveway, and started driving down the street towards my house. All of a sudden I hear the breaks screech rather loudly. He gets out and this old Greek guy who lives up the road was shouting at him in Greek and telling him off and all this shit (all over revving the engine lightly), then they started screaming at each other and got in each others faces. I honestly thought he was going to punch the old guy but some woman came between them and told the other guy to ignore it and get back in his car. The young driver said "DON'T CALL ME A MALAKA" (to the old guy), then got in his car, drove towards the round about, did a 180, and, just to piss the old guy off, floored it HARD back toward his houses direction - so he went the opposite way of his original route before this hole incident started.

Then the old guy was still being heard yelling and saying shit in Greek... then all of a sudden I hear someone yell "SHUT UP YOU GREEK POOF!" - never laughed so hard in my life :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of angry neighbours, there was this incident a few years ago.

Some bloke who lived across the road a few doors up had a Mustang. He started it up on Sunday morning. He let it warm up a little and even revved the engine very lightly (no big deal). He then reversed out of his driveway, and started driving down the street towards my house. All of a sudden I hear the breaks screech rather loudly. He gets out and this old Greek guy who lives up the road was shouting at him in Greek and telling him off and all this shit (all over revving the engine lightly), then they started screaming at each other and got in each others faces. I honestly thought he was going to punch the old guy but some woman came between them and told the other guy to ignore it and get back in his car. The young driver said "DON'T CALL ME A MALAKA" (to the old guy), then got in his car, drove towards the round about, did a 180, and, just to piss the old guy off, floored it HARD back toward his houses direction - so he went the opposite way of his original route before this hole incident started.

Then the old guy was still being heard yelling and saying shit in Greek... then all of a sudden I hear someone yell "SHUT UP YOU GREEK POOF!" - never laughed so hard in my life :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
So calling someone a Malaka is like calling someone a Dickhead?

Say it to a mate, and its done almost as a term of endearment, yell it at a stranger it's sen as an insult?

Wahesh

Reaction score
So calling someone a Malaka is like calling someone a Dickhead?

Say it to a mate, and its done almost as a term of endearment, yell it at a stranger it's sen as an insult?
Malaka is a wanker. I mean a lot of derogatory terms you use on mates are seen as compliments - just ask @TANK 2.0 and @south of heaven who constantly use the "C" word ;)

@CroydonDog it's like whatever you use to compliment one person is used as an insult to another. Don't look at me, I didn't do it.

To a mate: Great one ****!
To a dickhead: Great one, ****!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Malaka is a wanker. I mean a lot of derogatory terms you use on mates are seen as compliments - just ask @TANK 2.0 and @south of heaven who constantly use the "C" word ;)

@CroydonDog it's like whatever you use to compliment one person is used as an insult to another. Don't look at me, I didn't do it.

To a mate: Great one ****!
To a dickhead: Great one, ****!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Another thing that grinds my gears... the fact that it rains whenever I'm commuting to a destination, and stops as soon as I get there. FFS...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another thing that grinds my gears... the fact that it rains whenever I'm commuting to a destination, and stops as soon as I get there. FFS...
Stop doing the rain dance lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certain lgbt indivuals who think pride is all about accepting everyone and tolerating everything but preach the death of trump, but in the same breath at the same March gays were all for supporting trump people able to have their opinions without wanting them to die lol. Also when asked why they hate trump, the answer is as follows, “cnn told us so”. Ok the real response is “oh he doesn’t like us he’s taken away our rights” what rights were they? “Oh I can’t remember off the top of my head but he’s taken them” hence ‘cnn told us so’
This grinds my gears

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Certain lgbt indivuals who think pride is all about accepting everyone and tolerating everything but preach the death of trump, but in the same breath at the same March gays were all for supporting trump people able to have their opinions without wanting them to die lol. Also when asked why they hate trump, the answer is as follows, “cnn told us so”. Ok the real response is “oh he doesn’t like us he’s taken away our rights” what rights were they? “Oh I can’t remember off the top of my head but he’s taken them” hence ‘cnn told us so’
This grinds my gears
More and more of these cockroaches are coming out these days. Most don't even have the balls to say what they want to say and try to disguise it.

Got no time for fuckwits, especially when they start shit, then fucking cry like they are the victims.

Fuck right off *****, go protest in the fast lane of the M1.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Communist idiots making up dumb laws, not even welcome in our free country.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People who believe that assigning a gender to a baby is a form of violence :laughing:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People who believe that assigning a gender to a baby is a form of violence :laughing:
Lollll don’t you gotta ask permission as to what gender the baby thinks it is? Imagine how traumatised the poor thing will be being called a male just coz he’s a male.

Wahesh

Reaction score
- Idiots who have an open umbrella while standing under shelter
- Idiots who have an open umbrella standing in the rain when there is shelter available

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Communists trying to represent Newcastle, sorry pal, you are the minority and are a wart on the face of our town, your redneck shit is out of date and your attempted grab at decency is nothing more than a repetitive poshathon that reeks of envy while I remain decent in the face of gutter tactics.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lollll don’t you gotta ask permission as to what gender the baby thinks it is? Imagine how traumatised the poor thing will be being called a male just coz he’s a male.
and stuff those hospital workers who think they know better than the parent!!!

Just because it has a penis doesn't mean it's MALE.
Just because it has a vagina doesn't mean it's FEMALE.

It's just a label that society is giving babies, because they need to be identified...

and what is it with birth certificates... how dare an official give an ward to a child just for coming out of it's mothers body... what about a participation award for the parents as well for making the child.

OH and dressing a baby in blue or pink is sexist AND racist.... babies are white or dark skinned... and blue/pink are colours we assign to genders... genders that have NO pace in society... babies aren't blue or pink... that's being colourist.

Dress children in Lemon... ohhhh hang on wait... that's a problem too.