The Tennis Thread

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care who it is. Youre not supposed to be let into the country if youre not vaxxed, isnt that the case for everyone? (Correct me if I'm wrong)
the problem was that Djokovic was advised that he could apply for an exemption on medical grounds which was assessed by two separate bodies here in Australia (supposedly anonymously) which granted him an exemption... it then becomes a story for the karens of the world like Sam Groth and Jamie Murray who claim that Djokovic is getting preferential treatment and it becomes a political tool for Scomo to talk tough about deporting Djokovic if the paperwork is not up to scratch with that whole "rules for everyone" rubbish... once he arrived in Melbourne early Thursday morning, Australian Border Force questioned a sleep deprived Djokovic who could not contact Tennis Australia or lawyers and was told he would have until 8.30 am to respond as to providing medical substantiation for the exemption... then Australian Border Force questioned him again prior to 8.30 am and according to Djokovic, he was pressured to sign the cancellation of his visa and under arm guard, transported to a detention centre

the Federal Court simply ruled that the Australian Border Force failed to provide Djokovic a proper opportunity to respond and hence, the cancellation was quashed

they are still going to kick him out... Scomo now has skin in his game and believes that the Djokovic situation is his John Howard's "we decide who comes to this country" moment

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The Government is weak as piss if they let this go. I mean I already knew that, but based on how Scummo was saying "no jab no come" etc you would assume he would at least try to enforce that.

The thing that really makes my blood boil is how Djokovic is playing the system. He never intends to get vaccinated, everyone knows this, but he can play the "oh I can't get vaccinated because I recently had COVID card" and some people think that is not making a mockery of us.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the problem was that Djokovic was advised that he could apply for an exemption on medical grounds which was assessed by two separate bodies here in Australia (supposedly anonymously) which granted him an exemption... it then becomes a story for the karens of the world like Sam Groth and Jamie Murray who claim that Djokovic is getting preferential treatment and it becomes a political tool for Scomo to talk tough about deporting Djokovic if the paperwork is not up to scratch with that whole "rules for everyone" rubbish... once he arrived in Melbourne early Thursday morning, Australian Border Force questioned a sleep deprived Djokovic who could not contact Tennis Australia or lawyers and was told he would have until 8.30 am to respond as to providing medical substantiation for the exemption... then Australian Border Force questioned him again prior to 8.30 am and according to Djokovic, he was pressured to sign the cancellation of his visa and under arm guard, transported to a detention centre

the Federal Court simply ruled that the Australian Border Force failed to provide Djokovic a proper opportunity to respond and hence, the cancellation was quashed

they are still going to kick him out... Scomo now has skin in his game and believes that the Djokovic situation is his John Howard's "we decide who comes to this country" moment
Thanks for explaining that mate. See its not hard @Freakzilla

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have a strong opinion either way smacks of self entitlement though if pressed for one.
Where I have a strong opinion is that I WILL be death riding this **** to get rolled :tongueclosed:
Djokovic is a monster of his own haters making... so, go right ahead :-)

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Government is weak as piss if they let this go. I mean I already knew that, but based on how Scummo was saying "no jab no come" etc you would assume he would at least try to enforce that.

The thing that really makes my blood boil is how Djokovic is playing the system. He never intends to get vaccinated, everyone knows this, but he can play the "oh I can't get vaccinated because I recently had COVID card" and some people think that is not making a mockery of us.
there wouldn't be a doctor in Serbia that wouldn't conveniently lie to the whole world that they had administered the full, double dose vaccine to Djokovic if he asked them to... naive, arrogant, whatever... Djokovic is not deliberately lying or mocking Australia

and 20+ players sought the same exemption with a handful being granted it, including Djokovic... at least one player, Renata Voracova, was allowed into the country and played a warm up tournament before the Djokovic issue blew up and she, too, was detained and deported... for which the Czech Government lodged a protest with the Australian government

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
there wouldn't be a doctor in Serbia that wouldn't conveniently lie to the whole world that they had administered the full, double dose vaccine to Djokovic if he asked them to... naive, arrogant, whatever... Djokovic is not deliberately lying or mocking Australia

and 20+ players sought the same exemption with a handful being granted it, including Djokovic... at least one player, Renata Voracova, was allowed into the country and played a warm up tournament before the Djokovic issue blew up and she, too, was detained and deported... for which the Czech Government lodged a protest with the Australian government
he said he caught covid on 16th december, he was then seen at a childrens function with no mask on spreading the virus, so he is not lieing? cmon

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he said he caught covid on 16th december, he was then seen at a childrens function with no mask on spreading the virus, so he is not lieing? cmon
the timeline is an issue but I know my brother's family had to wait 3-4 days for their Covid test results

again, there isn't a doctor in Serbia that wouldn't lie for him that he had been vaccinated... a simpler lie... would put him onside with the establishment that persecutes the un-vaxxed... wouldn't have to answer questions about his vaccination status ever again etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Geez everybody gettin in. Nigel been to the Jokers house and sympathizing with his family.

Take a look at Nige's follow up Twitter posts. This is becoming an "international incident". He looks like he's found his new Brexit.

Novax is gaming the system for sure but geez we look like a bunch of hicks either way in so many different facets of this bs.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez everybody gettin in. Nigel been to the Jokers house and sympathizing with his family.

Take a look at Nige's follow up Twitter posts. This is becoming an "international incident". He looks like he's found his new Brexit.

Novax is gaming the system for sure but geez we look like a bunch of hicks either way in so many different facets of this bs.

Andy Murray's response to Farage was epic

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the timeline is an issue but I know my brother's family had to wait 3-4 days for their Covid test results

again, there isn't a doctor in Serbia that wouldn't lie for him that he had been vaccinated... a simpler lie... would put him onside with the establishment that persecutes the un-vaxxed... wouldn't have to answer questions about his vaccination status ever again etc.
if you have a covid test, you have to isolate before you get results, he is full of shit, it is all money

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Court documents show Novak Djokovic got his positive covid test results shortly after 8pm on Dec 16 - so he knew he was covid positive visiting kids & others the next 2 days. Court might’ve cleared him today, but public opinion will judge him as a selfish maskhole.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have a covid test, you have to isolate before you get results, he is full of shit, it is all money
once again, if Djokovic is going to lie, the "I'm fully vaccinated" lie is far easier to tell

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Court documents show Novak Djokovic got his positive covid test results shortly after 8pm on Dec 16 - so he knew he was covid positive visiting kids & others the next 2 days. Court might’ve cleared him today, but public opinion will judge him as a selfish maskhole.
Djokovic has previously had Covid and isolated... so, I guess we will see if he answers those sort of questions

and it is always interesting that people in the Anglosphere keep talking on behalf of the whole world

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Djokovic has previously had Covid and isolated... so, I guess we will see if he answers those sort of questions

and it is always interesting that people in the Anglosphere keep talking on behalf of the whole world
it is in todays court documents, you can read them yourself if you like. exactly as i stated above. He is a selfish germ imo.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Australia's reputation has been copping a battering for months overseas... and this just makes us look incompetent, too

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Much more fun if they let him play. The Australian crowd will send him packing for being the knob jockey he is.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When it's all boiled down, the guy got an invitation from our Tennis Australia boffins to compete in our increasingly irrelevent Aust Open bc we don't have many men championship players in the Top 100? 200? and we could piggyback off the fact he was going for the record of most championships. Love him or loathe him, he is No.1 atm. TA were well aware of his conditions of play, as well as a few other players. He only came bc he got a clearance apparently?

It appears TA facilitated the appearance of not only him but others with 2 independent panels of health officials as per regulations?

I assume other countries and tournment organisers have to put up with the same problems of dealing with lots of privileged entitled athletes to get them to attend when they are unvaxxed. We have the added downfall of being so far away from their usual Euro and USA rich circuits, so have to grovel, apparently.

As with everything lately it turned into a shit fight politically motivated gas light against Vic Govt, then TA and now the Feds who are ultimately responsible for Visas...whether it was an automated response, not checked sufficiently because of Novax's high profile, or not.

Just another embarrassment for Australia handled badly all round. No winners...not even those guys in detention or their apparent maggot food.

Shades of Pistol and Boo. Theoretically sound rules but handled immaturely, ham fisted and embarrassing to our country. Now Djoker is taking us to Court and we pay probs *shakes head*