The Tennis Thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What a stupid comment. I don't give a shit about his vax status. To me each court is totally different. Nadal is the clear GOAT on Clay. Federer the clear GOAT on Grass. Novak is probably the GOAT on hardcourt but it's arguable. I don't think that you can say there is 1 GOAT in tennis.
Sheer weight of slams don't lie, fam. Novak will have half a dozen more slams than Nadal by the time he finishes and competed in the same era. Would dominate a peak Fed on any surface but grass and a peak Nadal on any surface but clay. hard to say he isn't better than both, tbh. He's the Sydney Kings of tennis. Nadal can only hope to be thought of as the Denver Nuggets.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a stupid comment. I don't give a shit about his vax status. To me each court is totally different. Nadal is the clear GOAT on Clay. Federer the clear GOAT on Grass. Novak is probably the GOAT on hardcourt but it's arguable. I don't think that you can say there is 1 GOAT in tennis.
Do you know why there are 4 grand slams in a calendar year ? I’ll give you a hint…. to render people like your argument invalid.

why are you Federer pole smokers so protective of his legacy ? He has 1 more grass grand slam win than Novak yet novaks up 3-1 in head to heads at Wimbledon.

feders great, but the goat in a one on one sport is the one with the most slams.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We aren’t talking who’s the best on what surface.
It’s like saying tommi makkinen was better on gravel and Colin McRae better on dirt, or Valentino Rossi was better than stoner on a certain bitchumen.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Do you know why there are 4 grand slams in a calendar year ? I’ll give you a hint…. to render people like your argument invalid.

why are you Federer pole smokers so protective of his legacy ? He has 1 more grass grand slam win than Novak yet novaks up 3-1 in head to heads at Wimbledon.

feders great, but the goat in a one on one sport is the one with the most slams.
Whoever has the most slams when not every player is at their peak at the same time is the dumbest argument ever.

I'm not going to waste my time in this argument again. It's been done too many times.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever has the most slams when not every player is at their peak at the same time is the dumbest argument ever.

I'm not going to waste my time in this argument again. It's been done too many times.
Because you have found yourself a worthy Opponent who will break you, on your favoured surface ( the Internet)
Return serve mate .. advantage shrek

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don’t you compare their opponents then ??
Aye ? Stale Sampras, Stepanek, Hewitt, Andy ace” roddick. To name a few of the top of my head

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Federer was at his peak when Djokovic rose to his. Djokovic ended Federer’s peak lol. No way is Fed as good as Djokovic. Novak has had tougher competition throughout his career than Fed had when he was bossing it.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Federer was at his peak when Djokovic rose to his. Djokovic ended Federer’s peak lol. No way is Fed as good as Djokovic. Novak has had tougher competition throughout his career than Fed had when he was bossing it.
Djokovic has, most grand slams, most masters 1000 titles, most weeks No1, most top 10 wins, most points ever on ATP tour, Golden Masters, leads Nadal and Federer head to head, has won every slam at least 3 times (Nadal twice and feder once) there’s no debate.
What’s Federer got ? A nice looking elegant backhand.

Plus Djokovic never cried when Federer beat him

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought I’d love one of your posts Flanagan. SWOOOSHHH!!

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention they took two title away, most notedly the ball girl disqualification, then the covid vaccine slam. They failed to protect golden child’s grand slam record :tearsofjoy:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares who is the best..they were /are all great in their moments..and they made a shit load of cash doing it.. Good luck to em all..the mental battle between the ears in tennis is the hardest to control..I’m amazed at them all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most slams yes.. One of the great all time tennis players. But I don't consider him the GOAT. The last 6 or 7 years has been the worst for men's tennis in my lifetime. There has been next to no serious competition for Novak to stop him from racking up so many slams. Whereas past decades were much more competitive across the board. If you put Sampras or Agassi etc in this era with no competition they'd rack up as many Grand Slam wins. Just my opinion though..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most slams yes.. One of the great all time tennis players. But I don't consider him the GOAT. The last 6 or 7 years has been the worst for men's tennis in my lifetime. There has been next to no serious competition for Novak to stop him from racking up so many slams. Whereas past decades were much more competitive across the board. If you put Sampras or Agassi etc in this era with no competition they'd rack up as many Grand Slam wins. Just my opinion though..
Great point..i mean look at the competition in the 80s in men’s Tennis..Becker, Edberg, Wilander, Lendl, Noah..run it into the 90s Sampras, Agassi, Courier, Chang, Rafter.. Geeze no wonder the Slams were shared around..same as the women in those eras, just a plethora of talent, who on their day could win,

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on mate Federer had one of the easiest runs as I mentioned earlier, who were his main threats ? Stepanek, coretja, Hewitt, the Pooh, hot headed safin (who took a slam off him mind you) a stale Sampras and relaspsing addict Agassi ? I agree Federer was all class and grace on the court, lovely to watch. But this sport is about winning and winning only.

Federer and Nadal were both in their prime when Djokovic was taking slams off them, Djokovic did not have an easy run at all. Teitsipas, medvedev Murray and the likes.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great point..i mean look at the competition in the 80s in men’s Tennis..Becker, Edberg, Wilander, Lendl, Noah..run it into the 90s Sampras, Agassi, Courier, Chang, Rafter.. Geeze no wonder the Slams were shared around..same as the women in those eras, just a plethora of talent, who on their day could win,
This narrative is formed on the basis of bias. It’s always used when there is no argument after the fact.

some people just can’t handle their idols getting overtaken. You mention the girls of the 90s , if it wasn’t for a madman German sick fuck stabbing Seles she would have overtaken graff with ease. I wonder how many would stick the knife into Djokovic.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a note Federer got Nadal’s number one he fixed his backhand and negated his bounce.. Djokovic mental toughness had it on em both..especially over the Fed, the 2019 Wimbledon final illustrated that..