The Tennis Thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s none of your business if someone gets vaxed or not. You’re such a mindless sheep.
Settle down with personal insults this about novax. I couldn’t give a fuck wether you are vaxed or unvaxed. Your choice

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
but are they lying, sneaky arseholes or is that Australian vernacular for Serbs alone?
No idea what nationality the others are, dont turn into a racial post because it isnt, some Aussie players pulled out because they were unvaccinated

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just get fukn vaxed FMD and if he isnt then dont lie about what he has done
it is ironic that those that lauded themselves for decades for their rights and laws and freedoms which were denied others in the rest of the world now condemn an other for exercising his freedom of choice

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea what nationality the others are, dont turn into a racial post because it isnt, some Aussie players pulled out because they were unvaccinated
nobody has investigated the additional two, not even their names, and Renata Voracova's behaviour was unimportant... all that mattered was the overly pampered, overly privileged Serb who was the only one held up by the Australian Border Force

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Settle down with personal insults this about novax. I couldn’t give a fuck wether you are vaxed or unvaxed. Your choice
Your previous post said “just get vaxed”.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your previous post said “just get vaxed”.
To novax yes if that is what his employer has asked, which is all 4 majors. If he doesnt want to no problem, he cant play, his choice.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this thread went to shit

vax v novax
race cards pulled
I initially argued that everyone involved made mistakes from Djokovic to Tennis Australia to the Federal Government, state Government, and Australian Border Force

it though was emphasized to me that Djokovic alone had acted immorally... so, let's play

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To novax yes if that is what his employer has asked, which is all 4 majors. If he doesnt want to no problem, he cant play, his choice.
His employer hasn’t asked. Australia has. He doesn’t work for Australia. Also no employer should force a worker to do it. It should be a personal choice.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
host... not employer... hence, different rules at different tournaments

but even if it was Djokovic's employer, it is not as if he was an accountant that can get a new job across the street with another company... professional sports are unique in this environment because they are singular in their availability for professionals

by the way, the ATP recommends vaccination... not mandated

Last edited:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
His employer hasn’t asked. Australia has. He doesn’t work for Australia. Also no employer should force a worker to do it. It should be a personal choice.
Again, im not getting into any political argument
My problem was that he lied on his visa application, he lied about going to spain
And he lied about seeing kids and a journo when positive which is irresponsible.
Nothing to do with race or politics, so im going the exit this conversation.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, im not getting into any political argument
My problem was that he lied on his visa application, he lied about going to spain
And he lied about seeing kids and a journo when positive which is irresponsible.
Nothing to do with race or politics, so im going the exit this conversation.
Djokovic states that he did not complete the form, his agent did... and his wife and kids live in Marbella, Spain

not self isolating is a fair criticism though

Malla

Reaction score
While Novak was not in the right and I don’t agree with a lot of what he did, the way he has been treated is ridiculous. He’s a victim of a couple of flogs playing politics trying to shift the attention away from their shitty job at managing a pandemic and the covid breaches at their Hillsong camps with thousands of free RAT tests while us people line up for hours and even days to get ours
So Novak isn’t allowed back in 3 years? That’s such a shit result for all involved.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Novak was not in the right and I don’t agree with a lot of what he did, the way he has been treated is ridiculous. He’s a victim of a couple of flogs playing politics trying to shift the attention away from their shitty job at managing a pandemic and the covid breaches at their Hillsong camps with thousands of free RAT tests while us people line up for hours and even days to get ours
So Novak isn’t allowed back in 3 years? That’s such a shit result for all involved.
but everybody else gets away with it

Australians are so judgemental of other nations and sportsmen when it comes to sports --> doping, fan behaviour, political messaging, boycotts, cheating, match fixing, preferential treatment etc.

at some point, Australia has to do the right thing, too... this presumption of the good Aussies and the Aussie fair go is bullsh*t

a precondition of righteousness is acting right yourself

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
but are they lying, sneaky arseholes or is that Australian vernacular for Serbs alone?
What a poor comment. He is either a liar or a a sneak, take your pic. Pulling the race card because it hasn’t turned out they way you would like.... That is pretty un-Australian.

Fuck him, as an elite athlete, or just a bloke for causing such a shitfight. You want to be a “man” by standing by your principles as a non vaxxer, all the power to you.

But to knowingly either flaunt the rules by claiming false Covid infection and then fuck up by being seen in public, or actually having Covid and to this day still not have advised all those he came in contact with in December is pathetically ignorant at best.

As adults we all have to fill forms in all the time and it’s our responsibility, not some flunky staffer to do especially something as important as Visa paperwork. There is clearly good reason his story stinks and he deserves to be sent home either way.

Tennis Australia also deserves a huge kick in the ass for putting money and prestige first and allowing him even the slightest notion he could get around the rules everyone else had to follow, regardless of anyones vaccine stance.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What a poor comment. He is either a liar or a a sneak, take your pic. Pulling the race card because it hasn’t turned out they way you would like.... That is pretty un-Australian.

Fuck him, as an elite athlete, or just a bloke for causing such a shitfight. You want to be a “man” by standing by your principles as a non vaxxer, all the power to you.

But to knowingly either flaunt the rules by claiming false Covid infection and then fuck up by being seen in public, or actually having Covid and to this day still not have advised all those he came in contact with in December is pathetically ignorant at best.

As adults we all have to fill forms in all the time and it’s our responsibility, not some flunky staffer to do especially something as important as Visa paperwork. There is clearly good reason his story stinks and he deserves to be sent home either way.

Tennis Australia also deserves a huge kick in the ass for putting money and prestige first and allowing him even the slightest notion he could get around the rules everyone else had to follow, regardless of anyones vaccine stance.
Agree mate. I didn’t buy for a second there was a ‘mistake’ what he declared on entry. Especially when he knew he had to seek exemption in the first place. And his form of being sneaky about his movements in December. I don’t care that he personally chose not to vax, but as a person of profile he’s set some bad examples. And you can imagine the precedent it would’ve set had the Feds caved. Floodgates.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate. I didn’t buy for a second there was a ‘mistake’ what he declared on entry. Especially when he knew he had to seek exemption in the first place. And his form of being sneaky about his movements in December. I don’t care that he personally chose not to vax, but as a person of profile he’s set some bad examples. And you can imagine the precedent it would’ve set had the Feds caved. Floodgates.
This was always going to be a mess because Tennis Australia didn’t tow the Fedeal line or for that matter the public Vic Government line of no vax no play...

Is it wrong of me to hope something comes out that old mate Dan assisted Tennis Australia with the cloudy info...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This was always going to be a mess because Tennis Australia didn’t tow the Fedeal line or for that matter the public Vic Government line of no vax no play...

Is it wrong of me to hope something comes out that old mate Dan assisted Tennis Australia with the cloudy info...
You’re right, but the Chairman has no opposition and will fall in shit but come up smelling roses :-).

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love Novak, imo best player. Yet suck shit. Get the jab mate, if not don’t cry simple. As long as Ash wins now I happy

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I‘m whinging? You‘re happy that someone can’t work because they aren’t vaxed. You‘re a sad person.
To be fair, i would think the minister has cancelled his visa on Dishonesty grounds rather than anything to do with covid. Although i wouldnt be surprised if the minister quietly has doubts on the covid documentation too.