The Smartphone Comparison Thread (No Holds Barred) [NSFW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
JB is selling an Acer liquid metal android phone for $138 if u want to get a cheap android phone.
it looks slick and is <$200

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it limited to HTC Sense or all android?
It's limited to HTC.

Which i think is irrelevant as this thread is comparing smartphones, not the OS :tongue1:

And besides, i dont give a crap if other android phones dont do it. I own a HTC :D

P

Paint.

Is it limited to HTC Sense or all android?
tbh this is an invalid point. Are you comparing the iphone, or iOS? And are you comparing it to individual phones, or to Android as a whole?

Android is a system used by many different types of phones - HTC, Huawei, Samsung, LG, etc, whereas iOS is only used by the iPhone.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
It's limited to HTC.

Which i think is irrelevant as this thread is comparing smartphones, not the OS :tongue1:

And besides, i dont give a crap if other android phones dont do it. I own a HTC :D
tbh this is an invalid point. Are you comparing the iphone, or iOS? And are you comparing it to individual phones, or to Android as a whole?

Android is a system used by many different types of phones - HTC, Huawei, Samsung, LG, etc, whereas iOS is only used by the iPhone.
How is it invalid? I asked a question. The answer I got from 2 individuals was that it worked on the HTC Sense. Hence why I asked my question if it worked on any other Android device.

To clarify for you simpletons (lol) we are comparing all facets of a smartphone. The OS that comes on a smartphone is obviously (not to you guys though) part of that package.

The OS & the Phone make up the smartphone. You cannot have one without the other.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Doga - do you know what features are on the iPhone 5 and how will it be different to the iPhone 4, functionality and usability wise?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is it invalid? I asked a question. The answer I got from 2 individuals was that it worked on the HTC Sense. Hence why I asked my question if it worked on any other Android device.

To clarify for you simpletons (lol) we are comparing all facets of a smartphone. The OS that comes on a smartphone is obviously (not to you guys though) part of that package.

The OS & the Phone make up the smartphone. You cannot have one without the other.
Then to answer your question. Android does do exactly what Mobile me does.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
*interjection*
finally upgraded to gingerbread from froyo yesterday (samsung galaxyS)

<3 fuark it runs so much more smoothly, still spewing I didnt wait an extra 4 months and get the galaxy 2, biggest life facepalm. But I was THAT desparate to get rid of my n97

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Qt API mapping for iOS, Android and Windows phone developers – bring iPhone/iPad apps to Symbian/N9

With Nokia’s Ovi Store (now Nokia Store) reported to supposedly deliver 160% more downloads per app than Apple’s App Store (and possibly well over 9 million daily downloads now) it would be quite understandable why other developers may want a piece of this action.

There’s certainly an audience there willing to buy great quality apps. With the Qt API Mapping tool for iOS, iPad and iPhone apps can be ‘ported’ over for Symbian, N9 (and whatever secret Qt platform they have to unveil at Nokia World :p.) But it’s not just iOS. There’s also one for Android and Windows Phone.

Qt API mapping for iOS developers
If you are familiar with iOS development, this tool assists with porting iPhone or iPad apps to the latest version of the Qt platform delivered in Symbian phones and the Nokia N9 smartphone. Using this tool, you can browse a list of iOS API calls and find the equivalent classes and methods offered by Qt. You can also search for a specific iOS API call and find the equivalent Qt API call, along with example code and links to the API documentation for both platforms.
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Porting/API_Mapping/#!iOS

Qt API mapping for Android developers
If you are familiar with Android development, this tool assists with porting apps to the latest version of the Qt platform delivered in Symbian phones and the Nokia N9 smartphone. Using this tool, you can browse a list of Android API calls and find the equivalent classes and methods offered by Qt. You can also search for a specific Android API call and find the equivalent Qt API call, along with example code and links to the API documentation for both platforms.
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Porting/API_Mapping/#!Android
Qt API mapping for Windows Phone
We encourage you to target both Windows Phone and Qt (for Symbian and Nokia N9) to make sure you don't miss business opportunities. Using this tool, you can browse a list of Windows Phone API calls and find the equivalent classes and methods offered by Qt. You can also search for a specific Windows API call and find the equivalent Qt API call, along with example code and links to the API documentation for both platforms.

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Porting/API_Mapping/#!WP
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/07/q...evelopers-bring-iphoneipad-apps-to-symbiann9/

Status
Not open for further replies.