The save Corey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been about a million threads created in the past calling for Hughes' head. Well I think that now everyone would agree that Corey is playing absolutely out of his skin and deserves to go on his own terms. Bulldogs management should sign him on for one more year ASAP. He has probably been one of the top 3 hookers this year. Even if we sign Ennis, put Sullivan in the NSW Cup for a year. A Corey/Ennis combo would be a lot more potent than an Ennis/Sullivan combo going on current form.

His only ever fault was the amount of silly penalties he would give away, but it finally seems like he has gotten rid of that aspect from his game.

The guy has Bulldogs written all over him, and when he finally does retire he will be remembered as a true clubman, like El Masri, Folkes, Grimaldi, Lamb, and other Bulldogs legends.

Give it a couple of weeks though and I bet you that people will be calling for his head again.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
I have not really ever rated Corey Hughes but this year he has been something else. Will be a loss if he goes to the Sharks or England like im hearing. He deserves the accolades that come his way and a good effort for a Hughes to reach the 200 first grade games milestone.

Good work Corey

Country Dog

Mortimer
Reaction score
That is the problem with Corey, secure his future and he will take his foot off the pedal

D

Doggies 91

Yea i think he deserves one more year, no more than that though.

G

Gladiator.

people say it's too early, bull****, after 10 weeks, nearly half the comp, he has proven himself, give him another contract he is on fire this year!

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the problem with Corey, secure his future and he will take his foot off the pedal
I dont think so. Last year he played great too IMO, even after we gave him another year. If we sign him for one more year I think he will know it'll be his last which means he will then try his best to leave on a good note.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
Thats the problem with alot of players. Looking for a contract and they play out of there skin. Maybe we should keep signing the bloke to i year contracts. Sully???

B

Ben Godberts.

I don't want to save Corey, i want Corey to go overseas finish career on huge money and set himself up for life

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id love to see correy finish his carrier in a dogs jersy.

Country Dog

Mortimer
Reaction score
If he still wants good money over there he needs to go now. It will be to his detriment if he stays

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with your thread G. Would love to see him stay and can't see why not. If Sully or Ennis want to battle it out for spots with Corey lets bring it on. Sully can play reserves, Corey wouldn't cost much and in form like this, as well as being a great clubman, teammate and with his work ethic and determination, would be a big loss, and one I don't want to see go thats for sure.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
To get the big dollars i think he would have to leave at the end of the year. Country Dog is spot on. Look at Brad Drew, he left one year too late and missed out on almost double what he could of got a year earlier.

Chappo

Bulldog Pride
Reaction score
I'd love to see him finish his career with the dogs

matodorx

SNAAAAAAAKE!!!
Reaction score
Very valid point you make,maybe he is playing this way because he knows it on the line at the moment.Regardless he really is playing some quality ball and I hope it continues.

philartnihil

Waterboy
Reaction score
The BULLDOGS surely have an offer for him for next year,,, been one of our top players for years,,, club legend,, hope he is here next year, unless he gets a juicy contract offer from england that he would like to take..

I don't think i could watch him play for another club in the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.