Rumour The save Corey Allan thread

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate he’s been at the club now for 2 years and we haven’t seen any such form. He was terrible in his first year under Barret and got a good run at fullback. Agree with u he looks good in the highlights but playing in that south Sydney attacking machine makes you look better than what you are too. It’s a bit like taking a player out of the Melbourne system and playing him elsewhere. They always lose their shine

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Kikau but I am slightly worried about his signing. He obviously had no reason to leave Penrith apart from money, so will be still have the same motivation? I think/hope he will come good, as we are on the up right now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate he’s been at the club now for 2 years and we haven’t seen any such form. He was terrible in his first year under Barret and got a good run at fullback. Agree with u he looks good in the highlights but playing in that south Sydney attacking machine makes you look better than what you are too. It’s a bit like taking a player out of the Melbourne system and playing him elsewhere. They always lose their shine
The reverse has been true of us over the past five or six years, playing for us makes you look worse than you are.

Corey didn't have a good run at fullback, mate. Barrett moved him to the wing after three games (two of them very solid) despite paying pretty good money to sign him to play the position.

That whole year he was constantly moved around between wing and centre (not to mention the first three weeks as a fullback). Last year he was injury plagued. You can't expect a player to be at anywhere near their best under those circumstances.

Die For The Badge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't bother reading other than take Corey to the ACCC to return the money we paid him

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Corey, when on the paddock injury free, did not reproduce his Rabbit form in any shape.
It's hard to justify his retention.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Before you moan and complain and drown this thread in negativity, just watch the highlights package, spuds. It's damn sexy. Corey Allan was an unstoppable force in 2020....and can be once again....for us.
You sound like a used car salesman....selling a beaten up Datsun 120Y for $30k back in 1984.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You sound like a used car salesman....selling a beaten up Datsun 120Y for $30k back in 1984.
Dude, he's some kinda man. If you don't believe me, take a look at his package.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your ability to latch onto a low skilled player and to inflate their ability and contribution to the team is incomparable. Corey is surplus and his contract is double his value. No supporter should be unhappy if he leaves

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing I know is that my opinion in no way will alter any decision or action the club is in the process of undertaking. If they can get rid of him and recruit/promote a player that is thereabouts in quality terms on better financial value for the team, then good luck Corey. If they're not planning to move him on and he's set to play out his contract, then good luck Corey.

Is it just me or is this already the longest off season we've had this year?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Slowest winger in the comp. Max King would beat him in a 40m and 100m foot race.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok, La Familiars.

The rumour mill has kicked into overdrive. Aaron Schoupp taking his bad haircut and worse attitude elsewhere is great news for the club, but of much more concern are the rumours the club is shopping around Corey Allan.... and even worse, they are apparently willing to pay up to 50 percent of his contract.

If the club are seriously even pondering this, it is complete and utter madness. Corey had a bad run with injuries last year, but is by far and away the best fullback we have at the club. Just look at this highlights package for a reminder of just what this absolute beast is capable of (warning NSFW) .

I think Gus has made some serious missteps in his recruitment and retention strategies so far. He signed a star backrower with nothing left to play for on massive coin, he signed a hooker who can't run, he is lowballing Burton which is probably going to see him taking up an offer he can't refuse and going elsewhere, he has forced our heart and soul and defensive glue into early retirement, and now he is apparently trying to move on a star fullback who is as cheap as chips.

We need to stop this, Fam. You, me....we the people need to stop this.

I am asking you all for a very small favour. I want you to all post below, explaining just what Corey means to this club and why he needs to stay here. I am going to take screenshots of all your comments, print and laminate them and I will personally deliver them to Bulldogs HQ at our next training session. No negative comments, please. They will only ruin my plan. There are hundreds of other threads on this forum for the negative nellies. This is a place of positivity.

Join me in my fight, Fam. Together, we can make a difference!

Namaste
Flanagun.jpg

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha it just clicked what you’re up to. Hopefully other teams management read your threads on the kennel and try to steal our “gun” players then [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]