Rumour The save Corey Allan thread

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok, La Familiars.

The rumour mill has kicked into overdrive. Aaron Schoupp taking his bad haircut and worse attitude elsewhere is great news for the club, but of much more concern are the rumours the club is shopping around Corey Allan.... and even worse, they are apparently willing to pay up to 50 percent of his contract.

If the club are seriously even pondering this, it is complete and utter madness. Corey had a bad run with injuries last year, but is by far and away the best fullback we have at the club. Just look at this highlights package for a reminder of just what this absolute beast is capable of (warning NSFW) .

I think Gus has made some serious missteps in his recruitment and retention strategies so far. He signed a star backrower with nothing left to play for on massive coin, he signed a hooker who can't run, he is lowballing Burton which is probably going to see him taking up an offer he can't refuse and going elsewhere, he has forced our heart and soul and defensive glue into early retirement, and now he is apparently trying to move on a star fullback who is as cheap as chips.

We need to stop this, Fam. You, me....we the people need to stop this.

I am asking you all for a very small favour. I want you to all post below, explaining just what Corey means to this club and why he needs to stay here. I am going to take screenshots of all your comments, print and laminate them and I will personally deliver them to Bulldogs HQ at our next training session. No negative comments, please. They will only ruin my plan. There are hundreds of other threads on this forum for the negative nellies. This is a place of positivity.

Join me in my fight, Fam. Together, we can make a difference!

Namaste

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wonder how many pages this thread is going to get :tearsofjoy:
I want double figures, tbh. The more messages of support, the more convincing my laminated screenshots will be. Go on, say something nice about Corey.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dud player. I was bitching about this stupid signing from Day 1
Corey Allan is the very definition of the word 'meh'
He means nothing to me and I'll be celebrating the day we piss him off just like I did with every other plodder
Obviously I'm going to save my biggest celebration for Nov 1 2023 when you know who will be finally gone

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dud player. I was bitching about this stupid signing from Day 1
Corey Allan is the very definition of the word 'meh'
He means nothing to me and I'll be celebrating the day we piss him off just like I did with every other plodder
Obviously I'm going to save my biggest celebration for Nov 1 2023 when you know who will be finally gone
I wouldn't think you'd be the type to celebrate Burton's departure.

But yeah, thanks for keeping within the spirit of the thread. I expected no less of you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Before you moan and complain and drown this thread in negativity, just watch the highlights package, spuds. It's damn sexy. Corey Allan was an unstoppable force in 2020....and can be once again....for us.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about Burton being lowballed until this thread.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about Burton being lowballed until this thread.
It's in the Burton thread.... Gus offering him 750k, other clubs willing to pay well in excess of 800k. Burton saying he'd love to stay. but players need to earn as much as they can while they can and "we'll see what happens". Thems leavin' words.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have to say we’re gonna need him this year especially with the departure of Schoupp which leaves us a bit skinny for centre/wingers who can ‘do a job’.

We’re in the final year of his contract, happy to see it out now. Who knows, he might recapture a bit of form.

And yes it’s not lost on me that it was a disgraceful signing at the price.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate, you must have a lot of time on your hands to constantly come up with thread after thread. Why not start a YouTube channel or something.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Have to say we’re gonna need him this year especially with the departure of Schoupp which leaves us a bit skinny for centre/wingers who can ‘do a job’.

We’re in the final year of his contract now, happy to see it out now. Who knows, he might recapture a bit of form.

And yes it’s not lost on me that it was a disgraceful signing at the price.
I was with you right up until the last line, bro. It was a great signing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate, you must have a lot of time on your hands to constantly come up with thread after thread. Why not start a YouTube channel or something.
That's something to think about, for sure.

Really doesn't take much time to write my threads lol