The sad state of affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
by the way, why doesn't the human rights commission ever get involved in actual cases of racism like this?

It seems like they only care if it involved women, aboriginals or ethnic peoples.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Triple face-palm.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What;s going on is that this is classic outrage baiting by news.com.au, and clearly it's worked.

She's a 20 year old arts student doing an assignment / performance, and people are getting butt-hurt. Hilarious.

Human rights commission? If you're so offended, why not launch your own complaint or petition?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol we have an individual here who’s always laughing off actual real racism cases or actual victim cases and getting so cereal about politically popularity bs racist stories and is happy to use smh/cnn/ etc to back up their political populist stories lol
It’s hilarious at the same time they wanna start saying ‘offended’ ‘triggered’ ‘snowflake’ when they’re the ones being offended and triggered over everything and wanting everything changed not and when someone says get the fuck over it worry about important shit suddenly they’re offended and snowflakes lol. I do not get their logic. Maybe I have to accept I’m illogical and bigoted tanned homophobe Nazi

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
by the way, why doesn't the human rights commission ever get involved in actual cases of racism like this?

It seems like they only care if it involved women, aboriginals or ethnic peoples.
Can You summarise the story cbf reading an article

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
She has a problem fitting in with Australia. I don't know what her problem is but seems like an angry narcissist
I think it's more just about being an art student - they tend to be a bit, er, different.

But front page news? I can picture the scene in the he news.com.au office:

Interm: I found an arts student who is doing some sort of weird performance using race!
Bored editor: Ka-Ching!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think it's more just about being an art student - they tend to be a bit, er, different.

Interm: I found an arts student who is doing some sort of weird performance using race!
Very polite calling her "different" lol

This reminds me of the "No Homers club" lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very polite calling her "different" lol

This reminds me of the "No Homers club" lol
Yeah, sorry, i'm just so PC these days :p

But seriously, she's an arts student doing a performance piece. What were people expecting? Someone playing U2 covers?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She has a problem fitting in with Australia.
Noooooo you’re ignorant. Australia has an issue fitting in with each and every individual.
Let em guess you’re a white female? Who probably doesn’t mind trump?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

An arts student ?? well that's a bit of an oxymoron. Are they really students or are they just at university to flap their traps about how unfair the world is?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Arts student attend university because their dads said you must attend university. So they choose arts. Totally a waste of time and effort.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
An arts student ?? well that's a bit of an oxymoron. Are they really students or are they just at university to flap their traps about how unfair the world is?
Not just that, they are also there to sing, to dance and to learn to paint fruit bowls that are so realistic you almost feel like you could dig an apple out and tuck in..... but true, they are mostly there to whine and accrue government debts they will probably never pay off.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not just that, they are also there to sing, to dance and to learn to paint fruit bowls that are so realistic you almost feel like you could dig an apple out and tuck in..... but true, they are mostly there to whine and accrue government debts they will probably never pay off.
lol world changing stuff

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
lol world changing stuff
I’d actially love to do an arts degree just for fun if I had the money to splash around, but it isn’t exactly a surefire neans to paid employment. Neither was the degree I did do mind you. Worked out ok, I guess.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d actially love to do an arts degree just for fun if I had the money to splash around, but it isn’t exactly a surefire neans to paid employment. Neither was the degree I did do mind you. Worked out ok, I guess.
There's so many degrees that don't result in employment without doing masters. What did you do?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There's so many degrees that don't result in employment without doing masters. What did you do?
Communications @ Uni of Newcastle......on my first day the lecturer told us 70 percent of us would most likely never work in the industry..... I knew people in the industry, so I guess I felt that would help me get a foot in a door somewhere and it did. Where and when did you study? Did you go to UWS? I had an ex who studied nursing at UWS many, many years ago.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Communications @ Uni of Newcastle......on my first day the lecturer told us 70 percent of us would most likely never work in the industry..... I knew people in the industry, so I guess I felt that would help me get a foot in a door somewhere and it did. Where and when did you study? Did you go to UWS? I had an ex who studied nursing at UWS many, many years ago.
Thanks for assuming I went to university lol,
But I can tell you are university trained, you have excellent communication skills. Which helps a lot on the forum!!
I actually didn't attend university as such , I did a computer science degree through correspondence via university of New England 1998-2000 but I didn't finish it and I only did it because I thought I should have it even though I was working as a computer programmer at the time lol. I did a 6 month COBOL programming course a few years beforehand.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Thanks for assuming I went to university lol,
But I can tell you are university trained, you have excellent communication skills. Which helps a lot on the forum!!
I actually didn't attend university as such , I did a computer science degree through correspondence via university of New England 1998-2000 but I didn't finish it and I only did it because I thought I should have it even though I was working as a computer programmer at the time lol. I did a 6 month COBOL programming course a few years beforehand.
Oh yeah, that was a bit assumptive of me haha.....I forget there are nurses who start as RNs and ENs and not all go to UNI......are you even a nurse? For some reason, I'm recalling you talking about nursing, although you're talking about a completely different field, so I'm wondering if I've confused things....lol.

Thank you. That's a sweet thing to hear on a low self esteem day.....I can tell you have good nursing skills, because you're obviously capable of providing a little lift when it's needed. You are a nurse, right? I could have sworn I've read you talking about it.....am I going mental? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.