THE ROOSTERS

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Crap way to end your career. Mind you the Roosters have a pretty good replacement in Sualli sitting on the bench. Collins is a bigger loss team wise imo.
Anyway....feel sorry for Bmoz but not the Roosters. Injuries happen with every footy side and you just have to deal with them as best you can. Other sides have bigger injury woes than they do. Lift your game guys...all this Rooster luv is making me nauseous lol.
Yep, feel for Morris. Couldn't give a shit about the Roosters though TBH, they've ridden on the NRL gravy train for more than long enough. They'll go on a $20 million spending spree in the next few months to buy themselves another premiership winning squad. All above board of course.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a horrible way for Morris to end his career, especially with the form he was in but he'll retire a champion and one of the best wingers of the modern era regardless.

As for the Roosters, their recruitment, scouting and development are up there with Melbourne and they move on from players like Flanagan and Napa ruthlessly for good reason. Then gullible clubs like ours take their scraps thinking we can turn shit into gold.

Morris is out, Suualli comes in. Keary goes down, Walker takes over and dominates. Great clubs have depth and plans for when players retire or are moved on.. We used to be that club for 20-30 years til Des ruined everything the club was about.. Hopefully we can get back to that soon but in the meantime, the club needs to stop signing players the top clubs are happy to let go of.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It's a horrible way for Morris to end his career, especially with the form he was in but he'll retire a champion and one of the best wingers of the modern era regardless.

As for the Roosters, their recruitment, scouting and development are up there with Melbourne and they move on from players like Flanagan and Napa ruthlessly for good reason. Then gullible clubs like ours take their scraps thinking we can turn shit into gold.

Morris is out, Suualli comes in. Keary goes down, Walker takes over and dominates. Great clubs have depth and plans for when players retire or are moved on.. We used to be that club for 20-30 years til Des ruined everything the club was about.. Hopefully we can get back to that soon but in the meantime, the club needs to stop signing players the top clubs are happy to let go of.
Just on the Suaali thing though. The guy should not be playing this year. The rule was there but the NRL ignored their own rule purely for the benefit of the Roosters, that pisses me off. If it was a battler club asking for the same thing the NRL would've said get stuffed. That's what irks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just on the Suaali thing though. The guy should not be playing this year. The rule was there but the NRL ignored their own rule purely for the benefit of the Roosters, that pisses me off. If it was a battler club asking for the same thing the NRL would've said get stuffed. That's what irks.
For sure. But what Uncle Nick wants, he gets because this is the most corrupt league where rules are made to be broken, but only for certain clubs. Like Souths bullshit medical retirements for Inglis (playing at Warrington) and Burgess.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, feel for Morris. Couldn't give a shit about the Roosters though TBH, they've ridden on the NRL gravy train for more than long enough. They'll go on a $20 million spending spree in the next few months to buy themselves another premiership winning squad. All above board of course.
I f@@king can't stand the Roosters. Just buying everyone good and rort the cap better than anyone else.

Of course I'm jealous though lol. The red face drunk coach coached like a busted arse hole when they had a team close to a normal one and they came second last.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure. But what Uncle Nick wants, he gets because this is the most corrupt league where rules are made to be broken, but only for certain clubs. Like Souths bullshit medical retirements for Inglis (playing at Warrington) and Burgess.
He has moulded the NRL to what he wants, galvanised the support of CH9, for his team something which should not be underestimated,
He appears to be an intimidating figure to many mainly inside but also outside his club.
Its often said that players play for their coach, to me it looks like his players play for him alone, and put their bodies on the line moreso than at any other club.
Friend has destroyed himself, Cordner and Keary have IMHO become dead men walking, all badly concussed, ( i don't know of any other club with so many concussed players.
How long before Tedesco and a few others join the group

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really pissed me off that the camera was fixed on him during that time. Seriously was hard to watch.
media are vermin NO qualms about viewing a "car crash" or in this case a player contemplating a career ending injury or whatever else..so yeh i agree was tough and the length of time was uncomfortable.Feel very sad for the guy one of the best finishers of all time Bmoz..did not mind though seeing his twin bro consoling him, touching stuff.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Let him play his on 2 year deal with teddy there if his that good he will fuck off for $$$ nov 1st

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

It's a long season however.
I think the injury toll will see the Roosters make their way down the ladder.

Walker is playing great however.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys as a Rooster I thought at the time the Morris boys was a dud signing......Fcuk how wrong was this knucklehead. But really sad to see BMoz down and his JMoz comforting him. And then JMoz score the next try.....

As for recruitment. OK Keary he had those problems at Souths with Crowe and whatever shit went down he was glad to run. The Morris boys, brilliant signing. Sam Walker should have been with the Bronks but as we can all see they are jumping ship.

We kept on and on with Jnr Pearce but had to punt him. But building that culture means that players a happy to get on board. I also think Robbo is a cool dude and is pretty good working with players. Example there was some player last year, can't remember who had pics taken with 1% club members at some place. I think Robbo was asked if he would be interested but Robbo said "he doesn't fit our culture". Kinda sums it up.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
What is with all this Rooster love? I think I'm going to throw up. Someone pass me a brown paper bag.
Not sure some of it is love. Some of it is suggesting they have lost a big chunk of their squad yet somehow still boast more representative players than plenty of clubs' full-strength line up. They'll manage to buy up another couple of million $$ of players before the deadline.
Not salty, just highly fucking sceptical about how legit the comp really is TBH.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Not sure some of it is love. Some of it is suggesting they have lost a big chunk of their squad yet somehow still boast more representative players than plenty of clubs' full-strength line up. They'll manage to buy up another couple of million $$ of players before the deadline.
Not salty, just highly fucking sceptical about how legit the comp really is TBH.
Oh, I agree 100 percent ....a lot of posts here seem to be from doe eyed fawners talking about what a great club they are without acknowledging the ridiculous advantages they are given by friends in high places.

Last edited:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Oh, I agree 100 percent ....a lot of posts here seem to be from doe eyed people talking about what a great club they are without acknowledging the ridiculous advantages they are given by friends in high places.
You're absolutely right there. Kudos to them, they are a successful well run club but geezus they get a nice helping hand from the powers that be. From exemptions being changed to benefit them, to always mighty-favourable rulings in the judiciary, to miraculously being able to entice the game's elite players to play for 'unders', they've got a good gig going with the NRL top brass that's for sure.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Rooster Rooster fan ha ha the funniest not very though through chant in rugby league history