The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What year model is your SS Tank?
08 VE

I'm really considering getting a VK Brockie kit for it but don't want to look like a try hard lol

Basically it's the SS kit with the mailbox grill and bonnet scoop. Also worried that it would restrict air.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woah slow down Brockie lol

What's that? Are you talking about the air intake? If you are I have an over the radiator intake directly into the engine.

This is one of the best things for newer Holdens. A mate was telling me that they use these on the Caprice and Calais to improve the sound.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
08 VE

I'm really considering getting a VK Brockie kit for it but don't want to look like a try hard lol

I would avoid that. Be true to your model. Putting a VK kit on a VE reminds me of the RX owners about 10-15 years ago who would fit their car our with WRX body kits. They thought they were cool but everyone laughed at them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I would avoid that. Be true to your model. Putting a VK kit on a VE reminds me of the RX owners about 10-15 years ago who would fit their car our with WRX body kits. They thought they were cool but everyone laughed at them.
Yeah that's what I meant by try hard lol

I have the factory racing stripes and I can't wait to get rid of them lol

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
08 VE

Basically it's the SS kit with the mailbox grill and bonnet scoop. Also worried that it would restrict air.
The grill will actually be better for your car as the airflow is directed straight into you intake manifold.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
08 VE

Damn that is awesome... and to think I was stoked with my stock standard 2012 SS Thunder ute. Changed the exhaust on it but that is about it for now. The Mrs is pregnant with our first kid so chances of having any money to do much more any time soon is gonna be limited but still good fun to drive.

My dad on the other hand has a Dodge Challenger hellcat. That thing is an absolute weapon and sounds absolutely insane!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Damn that is awesome... and to think I was stoked with my stock standard 2012 SS Thunder ute. Changed the exhaust on it but that is about it for now. The Mrs is pregnant with our first kid so chances of having any money to do much more any time soon is gonna be limited but still good fun to drive.

My dad on the other hand has a Dodge Challenger hellcat. That thing is an absolute weapon and sounds absolutely insane!!
Your dad is a legend.... what model is it?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I LOVE the Hellcats. Love the SRT's too.

PS they will be coming soon to Aus to compete with the Mustang and upcoming Corvette and Camaro (since there are no more Holden V8's)

PS congrats and all the best for your bub

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The grill will actually be better for your car as the airflow is directed straight into you intake manifold.
Would it look shit if I put that grill but don't put on the bonnet scoop?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol your misses is a crack up lol
She drove my brother in laws SS (exhaust and no major mods) before so she wanted to drive mine.

She drove it for about 30 seconds, pulled over, and said I will never drive this wahsheye again. So that's how my beast got her name lol

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
She drove my brother in laws SS (exhaust and no major mods) before so she wanted to drive mine.

She drove it for about 30 seconds, pulled over, and said I will never drive this wahsheye again. So that's how my beast got her name lol
Gold !!! That’s one way to keep your misses from driving it lol.