The " refspiracy " against the Bulldogs.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy to work with someone/or people, an Independent body( not the nrlol obviously ) and go through all our games, minute by minute, decision by decision and prove unequivocally that " the rub of the green" and 50/50 calls have been heavily weighted against us, not only this year but in recent previous years
And I will start with game 1 last year as a reference point

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everybody calm down. We've improved drastically and were outplayed by a 2nd placed team. Its not all doom and gloom.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm happy to work with someone/or people, an Independent body( not the nrlol obviously ) and go through all our games, minute by minute, decision by decision and prove unequivocally that " the rub of the green" and 50/50 calls have been heavily weighted against us, not only this year but in recent previous years
Step up @AlzzBulldog

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beside the double movement which he clearly promoted the ball after his ball carrying arm hit the ground short of the line, the other call that fcuked me was when cows dropped it close to our line, Kiraz swoops on it and then offloads and beautiful pass to burns and he calls them back offside halfway down the field
Why not call the offside prior when the cows had the ball??? It clearly went through many hands til the fumble yet decides to call offside once burns is on clear space ????

that’s a fcuking Rort and you can’t change my mind
Not one replay was shown of burns or Kiraz being offside hence adding to my point

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Beside the double movement which he clearly promoted the ball after his ball carrying arm hit the ground short of the line, the other call that fcuked me was when cows dropped it close to our line, Kiraz swoops on it and then offloads and beautiful pass to burns and he calls them back offside halfway down the field
Why not call the offside prior when the cows had the ball??? It clearly went through many hands til the fumble yet decides to call offside once burns is on clear space ????

Not one replay was shown of burns or Kiraz being offside hence adding to my point
Been saying that for years. They Never replay the fully obvious rorts but have 400 replays of some little thing that means nothing.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We were winning with 16 to go until the double movement
I think the turning point was when we lost the challenge when the Cowboys player made JAC drop the ball. The review should have overturned the decision.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

thissssssss, spot on my friend

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand how they came to that ruling on the double movement..

How can 'momentum' cause a player on his back to get the ball down unless he's holding it behind his torso??

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand how they came to that ruling on the double movement..

How can 'momentum' cause a player on his back to get the ball down unless he's holding it behind his torso??
It’s pretty simple….the NRL needs a home game to be played in the Townsville Stadium….they look stupid for building a big flash stadium for a bottom 8 team.

So now we just make up rules for the Cowboys to win.

Cowboys are allowed to challenge anything at any time even after game is finished…notice how there was only one whistle to finish the game? After they told us there should be two?

Cowboys are also now only penalized for triple movements. Doubles are fine.

We seriously need to stop using our challenge. The second it’s gone we get raped every game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

If his ball carrying arm hadn't touched the ground, he would have been entitled to reach over and place the ball for a try; or if he had slid into the in goal area, he could have scored a try.

What actually happened was that the ball carrying arm hit the ground in the tackle, and his momentum was stopped short of the line. No part of his body was in the in goal area. He then reached over and placed the ball for a try - a clear double movement; yet the video ref upheld the on field call.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If his ball carrying arm hadn't touched the ground, he would have been entitled to reach over and place the ball for a try; or if he had slid into the in goal area, he could have scored a try.

What actually happened was that the ball carrying arm hit the ground in the tackle, and his momentum was stopped short of the line. No part of his body was in the in goal area. He then reached over and placed the ball for a try - a clear double movement; yet the video ref upheld the on field call.
Pretty sure it went up as a no try? Video ref overturned it I thought?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I did a poor job of articulating, but completely agree.

What I meant to say was that allowing that try was preposterous and its a clear cut double movement.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You only have to watch any game of ours from 5 years (or so) ago and before, to realise how penalised we are now during crucial passages of play.

When you watch these older games, it is immediately clearly obvious that we aren't scrutinized as heavily as now.

You watch those old games and an incident arises and you are actually surprised that a penalty isn't blown because you watch with the expectation of our present day run of ref bias against the team.

Whether other fans deduce the same thing when they evaluate their old games against present day reffing, I don't know but it's def a thing for our team.

IF/when, we become better and the darlings of the NRL and/or if they ever realise our importance to their lousy comp, then I assume the 50/50's and good calls will go our way.

Until then we suck it up and work on trying to take the dodgy officiating out of our destiny.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lose cry victim, we win everything is Ok.
These posts are as predictable as night follows day.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been saying it for years the NRL is nothing but corruption.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It becomes a bit pathetic after a while.
Nevertheless. It is an issue in the game recognised by a lot of people with skin in the game..not just disgruntled Bulldogs fans wanting a fair go.

Cowboys have been on the wrong end for a few years now with results and 50/50's. Their coach complains about the dud calls the lower team get...and suddenly they are now the recipients of all the good calls.

Gus says there's ref bias against low teams.

There's gotta be something to it.

We see incidents every week, whether its us or other lowly teams....see it is ref 6 agains etc, bunker over rulings and MRC suspensions rather than fines or no charges.

The governing of the game, in every aspect atm, is full of bias and glaring inconsistency.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nevertheless. It is an issue in the game recognised by a lot of people with skin in the game..not just disgruntled Bulldogs fans wanting a fair go.

Cowboys have been on the wrong end for a few years now with results and 50/50's. Their coach complains about the dud calls the lower team get...and suddenly they are now the recipients of all the good calls.

Gus says there's ref bias against low teams.

There's gotta be something to it.

We see incidents every week, whether its us or other lowly teams....see it is ref 6 agains etc, bunker over rulings and MRC suspensions rather than fines or no charges.

The governing of the game, in every aspect atm, is full of bias and glaring inconsistency.
Its embarrassing really.. todd payten at the start of the year cries that top teams get the calls over bottom teams which he was clearly stating that his side is a bottom team and now that his side is on the top of the ladder...his team is getting piggybacked... its all embarrassing really