The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How is the prednisolone treatment going @The DoggFather ?
The cure is worse than the cause my bro. Weened me down to 40mg twice a day so far.

My body hates it, it's so toxic for me. I'm shaking worse than a junkie, everything tastes like bitter poison BUT I'm not back inside yet, parole is still going.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The cure is worse than the cause my bro. Weened me down to 40mg twice a day so far.

My body hates it, it's so toxic for me. I'm shaking worse than a junkie, everything tastes like bitter poison BUT I'm not back inside yet, parole is still going.
You're in my prayers bro, may God give you the strenght you need!

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not too bad overall, thanks. Have a few issues I need looked at (teeth, heart).

But, re the Leukemia and Hodgekin's Lymphoma, I have to go back to the hospital, either tomorrow, or early next week, to get a blood test. I return again, early March, to see my Haematologist for the results. This is mainly for the Leukemia. He'll have a feel around, to check my lymph nodes, for the Hodgekins.

I also have a large lipoma that needs surgery. This hasn't been possible, while I was on Chemo, because of the lack of immunity and high risk of infection. Now that I'm further down the track, I want to see if the Haematologist will give me the green light, to get it done now, and hopefully refer me to a suitable surgeon that can do it locally (Liverpool, Campbelltown or Bankstown). Last time I looked into it, I was referred to the Sydney Adventist Hospital, which is far too geographically challenging for me, in my current circumstances.

Anyway, I'll have the best update about my two cancers in about 2 weeks.

I'm currently doing a course, to teach English to non-English speakers, with a view to returning to the workforce, and trying to resume some sort of normal life.

Thanks for checking in on me, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone who has encouraged and supported me, over the last few years, through this difficult period in my life. It has helped and always appreciated.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not too bad overall, thanks. Have a few issues I need looked at (teeth, heart).

But, re the Leukemia and Hodgekin's Lymphoma, I have to go back to the hospital, either tomorrow, or early next week, to get a blood test. I return again, early March, to see my Haematologist for the results. This is mainly for the Leukemia. He'll have a feel around, to check my lymph nodes, for the Hodgekins.

I also have a large lipoma that needs surgery. This hasn't been possible, while I was on Chemo, because of the lack of immunity and high risk of infection. Now that I'm further down the track, I want to see if the Haematologist will give me the green light, to get it done now, and hopefully refer me to a suitable surgeon that can do it locally (Liverpool, Campbelltown or Bankstown). Last time I looked into it, I was referred to the Sydney Adventist Hospital, which is far too geographically challenging for me, in my current circumstances.

I'm currently doing a course, to teach English to non-English speakers, with a view to returning to the workforce, and trying to resume some sort of normal life.

Thanks for checking in on me, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone who has encouraged and supported me, over the last few years, through this difficult period in my life. It has helped and always appreciated.
Hope all the news from your tests are good BW. That course sounds great. I hope it’s successful as well!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I hope you can look back on these times as your reference point for whenever life gets you down in future. I'm glad you're planning for the next stage with the teaching course too.

All the best Wrestler.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope you can look back on these times as your reference point for whenever life gets you down in future. I'm glad you're planning for the next stage with the teaching course too.

All the best Wrestler.
Thank you, much appreciated.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I want our Bulldogs to start looking entertaining and a great team (and winning hopefully)for all you guys. Would be a wonderful tonic for all our battling fans :hearteyes:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m sorry @Bulldog Wrestler but I forgot to check in.. How was that update?
Thanks for asking. Much appreciated.

I saw my Haematologist last week. The good news is the CML Leukaemia in my body is down to 0.0051%. It was 0.008 about three months ago.

He is now confident that it's likely to remain almost nothing, as long as I stay on the medication forever. It may never reach zero and may fluctuate, but likely won't return to dangerous levels - fingers crossed.

He couldn't detect any swollen lymph nodes, so doesn't believe the Hodgkin's Lymphoma has returned, yet. Still needs constant monitoring.

Last time I had a PET scan, a nodule was detected in my lung. This is a potential worry. So, he sent me for a CT scan last week. I have to see him on 22/3 for the results and to see what happens next.

I did some reading on nodules in the lung, and about half the people tested have them. More often than not, it's nothing serious. As I've never been a smoker, the odds are in my favour apparently. But time will tell.

I passed my final exam yesterday, so I can teach English, to non-English speakers. So if all my medical worries ease off, I can go back to some sort of normal life.

I still need a gigantic lipoma removed, but waiting on the all clear on the other issues, before I get into that.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported and encouraged me in recent years, either on here, or via PMs with words of support or offers of assistance. It has raised my morale and helped sustain me through an extremely difficult part of my life.

Thanks again.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I saw my Haematologist last week. The good news is the CML Leukaemia in my body is down to 0.0051%. It was 0.008 about three months ago.

He is now confident that it's likely to remain almost nothing, as long as I stay on the medication forever. It may never reach zero and may fluctuate, but likely won't return to dangerous levels - fingers crossed.

He couldn't detect any swollen lymph nodes, so doesn't believe the Hodgkin's Lymphoma has returned, yet. Still needs constant monitoring.

Last time I had a PET scan, a nodule was detected in my lung. This is a potential worry. So, he sent me for a CT scan last week. I have to see him on 22/3 for the results and to see what happens next.

I did some reading on nodules in the lung, and about half the people tested have them. More often than not, it's nothing serious. As I've never been a smoker, the odds are in my favour apparently. But time will tell.

I passed my final exam yesterday, so I can teach English, to non-English speakers. So if all my medical worries ease off, I can go back to some sort of normal life.

I still need a gigantic lipoma removed, but waiting on the all clear on the other issues, before I get into that.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported and encouraged me in recent years, either on here, or via PMs with words of support or offers of assistance. It has raised my morale and helped sustain me through an extremely difficult part of my life.

Thanks again.
Wonderful BW. Hoping all up coming tests are all good news too!

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks again.
Good news re your tests, your efforts for the TK are a rare quality in people in todays world. Good health Bro.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you family, the meds are already kicking in and the cure is worse than the cause.

But your support is awesome and needed.

Thank you
Thinking of you bro. You bring so much passion , caring and love to this forum. You are a shining light. My thoughts like many here are with you and once the Dogs win three games in arow you will be ok! :grinning:

Take care bro

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thinking of you bro. You bring so much passion , caring and love to this forum. You are a shining light. My thoughts like many here are with you and once the Dogs win three games in arow you will be ok! :grinning:

Take care bro
Thank you for those kind words my brother. Even though the dogs are going crap, I keep coming back here for you guys.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Thanks again.
We love ya bro, you ain't going anywhere!