The "R U OK ?" Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My mother has regular recurring needle injections into her eyes.
Done under local, so you still know what's going on and see it happening.
That is my worst nightmare....ugh

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I will have nightmares now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That is my worst nightmare....ugh
Let me step that up a level.

Imagine having your eyes needled regularly but getting that stupid eyeball tattooing without having any other option. The needles in the eye is definitely not a nice thought, but those freaks with completely black eyeballs just seem like nut cases.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So your ophthalmologist was wise enough to suggest you get separate surgeries, so the operation could settle in one eye and still have some eyesight?
Yes that’s correct. I know three other people who have had both eyes done and like me their operations were 14 days apart. There is a patch over the eye that the surgeon removes the next day, and then all the testing starts.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that’s correct. I know three other people who have had both eyes done and like me their operations were 14 days apart. There is a patch over the eye that the surgeon removes the next day, and then all the testing starts.
I'm glad to hear that's the case for you.
Not something many think of until too late.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that's the case for you.
Not something many think of until too late.
Because I worked at a University for 25 years, I know the marks required to get a Pass are sometimes less than 50.

When I go to a new medical professional, I check their credentials online and then look at their name plaques outside the surgery. When I see they have HONS, I know I am in good hands.

There are 15 opthamologists in this practice and they all have HONS.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let me step that up a level.

Imagine having your eyes needled regularly but getting that stupid eyeball tattooing without having any other option. The needles in the eye is definitely not a nice thought, but those freaks with completely black eyeballs just seem like nut cases.
Nut cases for sure :grinning: Hard to believe any sane person would do it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, does your mum have macular degeneration.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the Gold Coast last week, surfers paradise. I’m walking back to my apartment and there is this girl sitting near front entrance.. she smiles at me and I smiled back and kept walking.. I’m waiting at lift and she walks in and gets into lift with me. I asked her how is your holiday. She says this country hates me and I’m going up to my room to commit suicide. I said to her hey this country is very beautiful you just have to look in the right places. She said she is from Brazil and this Place has ruined her. I told her I can guarantee that tomorrow will be a better day. Wake up early and look beyond your problem to see that the world has much joy to offer.

She was staying one level up from me. So I get out and she gives me a smile and I said keep your chin up girl.. I can only hope if she was serious that I made some difference to her ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was on the Gold Coast last week, surfers paradise. I’m walking back to my apartment and there is this girl sitting near front entrance.. she smiles at me and I smiled back and kept walking.. I’m waiting at lift and she walks in and gets into lift with me. I asked her how is your holiday. She says this country hates me and I’m going up to my room to commit suicide. I said to her hey this country is very beautiful you just have to look in the right places. She said she is from Brazil and this Place has ruined her. I told her I can guarantee that tomorrow will be a better day. Wake up early and look beyond your problem to see that the world has much joy to offer.

She was staying one level up from me. So I get out and she gives me a smile and I said keep your chin up girl.. I can only hope if she was serious that I made some difference to her ..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

GD_af4Ga0AAfhQr.jpeg.jpg

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people ^ only try to discredit others.. But I help others... If I made a difference in that girls life you should congratulate me not be jealous and throw mud.

When I was standing there on my balcony later that evening, I didn't see a girl come flying off the balcony so I probably did help her. Today likely she is thinking , that bloke in the lift saved me, angel

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I save lives not try pull others down to your level. You must be a true troll to discourage the behaviours I displayed. We all should stop and impart some wisdom to help someone in need.

There is one on here that have made the poor feed him a meal for just for helping them carry a bag or change a tyre (whatever his story was), He ate everything he could too. When I help someone (save lives even), I expect nothing by return.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I save lives not try pull others down to your level. You must be a true troll to discourage the behaviours I displayed. We all should stop and impart some wisdom to help someone in need.

There is one on here that have made the poor feed him a meal for just for helping them carry a bag or change a tyre (whatever his story was), He ate everything he could too. When I help someone (save lives even), I expect nothing by return.
You are full of shit. Your story never happened.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well you must know? Were you at the Gold Coast to verify/refute? Seems the only crap is Coming from you!

it happened and that’s that
If it happened then you should be commended, if you made it up pretty low bro

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people ^ only try to discredit others.. But I help others... If I made a difference in that girls life you should congratulate me not be jealous and throw mud.

When I was standing there on my balcony later that evening, I didn't see a girl come flying off the balcony so I probably did help her. Today likely she is thinking , that bloke in the lift saved me, angel
Why do you require the recognition of us for your supposed actions?
I, for one, would be quietly content with whatever I've achieved to help a third party, and likely embarrassed if someone raised the topic of my supposed accomplishments (which you can read about somewhere in Hansard if so inclined FWIW).

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you require the recognition of us for your supposed actions?
I, for one, would be quietly content with whatever I've achieved to help a third party, and likely embarrassed if someone raised the topic of my supposed accomplishments (which you can read about somewhere in Hansard if so inclined FWIW).
im trying to encourage others to do the same. Look out for others.. I don’t wrote to get anyone’s acknowledgement, what prize do I get?

I wrote to give good guidance, a shepherd of the kennel to encourage others of the right way..

for Those struggling reach out and I will help