The "R U OK ?" Thread

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Past 12 months, been suffering bursitis in the shoulder, getting worse.

Had an ultrasound, confirmed bursitis & now arthritis in shoulder. Having a cortisone needle on Tuesday. (Hope it works.)

This pain is much worse than heart surgery.

Edit: Added a word.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Past 12 months, been suffering bursitis in the shoulder, getting worse.

Had an ultrasound, confirmed bursitis & now arthritis in shoulder. Having a cortisone needle on Tuesday. (Hope it works.)

This pain is much worse than heart surgery.

Edit: Added a word.
Had the cortisone needle. Still numb from the anaesthetic.

Fingers crossed it's a success. Dr said the bursitis is pretty bad.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had the cortisone needle. Still numb from the anaesthetic.

Fingers crossed it's a success. Dr said the bursitis is pretty bad.
Bursitis sucks, but it can be treated. Symptom management is only the start. If the Dr isn't talking to you about physical therapy, go and find one who does. I have two people in my family who have had bursitis in their shoulder and they are now pain free without surgery.

Reactions: Kaz

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bursitis sucks, but it can be treated. Symptom management is only the start. If the Dr isn't talking to you about physical therapy, go and find one who does. I have two people in my family who have had bursitis in their shoulder and they are now pain free without surgery.
Been doing the exercises. Since doing them, shoulder is worse.

Might be the arthitis was well.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Been doing the exercises. Since doing them, shoulder is worse.

Might be the arthitis was well.
It is going to be different for everyone, but what worked for my relo's was the right combination of management and therapy. When it is too inflamed, that has to be gotten under control, and the therapy should be building up all the supporting muscle groups to help provide more relief and capacity over time.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had 2 cataract surgeries in the last 2 months. Quite painless. 20 minute procedures. Improvement in vision is staggering.

Don't hesitate to get it done if an ophthalmologist advises you to do the op.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had 2 cataract surgeries in the last 2 months. Quite painless. 20 minute procedures. Improvement in vision is staggering.

I hate anything near my eyes.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about Kaz. The anethisist did a great job and I never felt any pain during or after. Sure I was worried before the first one, but I needn't have. It was a piece of cake.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about Kaz. The anethisist did a great job and I never felt any pain during or after. Sure I was worried before the first one, but I needn't have. It was a piece of cake.
Did you have to wear sunglasses for a few days afterwards?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you have to wear sunglasses for a few days afterwards?
I was basically confined to home for a few weeks while my wife put drops in my eyes four times per day. I was not allowed to swim in our pool and golf was a no no in case sand from a bunker shot went into my eyes. I wore sunnies when I returned to golf on Boxing Day.

I don't need glasses to drive any more but I need new reading and sun glasses which are made to a prescription

Don't know why I didn't get this procedure done earlier.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If not a rude question, approximately how much per eye.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

My dad thinks he doesn't need his glasses after having it done lol.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If not a rude question, approximately how much per eye.
Depends on how much your health fund pays. Teachers Health fund were pretty good.The total net cost covering both eyes was just over $2,000. This included follow up visits to the surgeon, 1 day, 1 week and one month after each operation, where I was tested on 2 X-ray machines, and then with the eye chart.

After that I had to wait 6 weeks after the first op to visit the optometrist for new glasses. They decided I only need glasses to read and drive at night. I got a new pair of prescription reading glasses, sunglasses and night vision glasses. Teachers Health fund paid all except $114.

Last edited:

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mother has regular recurring needle injections into her eyes.
Done under local, so you still know what's going on and see it happening.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your ophthalmologist was wise enough to suggest you get separate surgeries, so the operation could settle in one eye and still have some eyesight?