The "R U OK ?" Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1st world problem....

It's been about 5 weeks now and I still haven't got my taste back, EVERYTHING tastes like bitter, metallic horse shit. I've actually lost 13kgs, which sounds good but not in the "safe zone" for weight, transplant wise.

FFS even water tastes like bitter poison.

I can skull Tabasco and Siracha from the bottle and can't even taste the heat. Plus side is I love freaking out the kids doing that, they think I'm Superman lol
Geez that must be awful. Hang in there and hopefully taste buds are back soon ❤....your kids think your Superman even without your party trick ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Geez that must be awful. Hang in there and hopefully taste buds are back soon ❤....your kids think your Superman even without your party trick ;)
I've been trying nearly everything to find something that tastes like it's supposed to, nothing yet.

The Docs told me to try stuff I hate or don't usually eat, but the Misses' cooking still tastes like crap lol

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been trying nearly everything to find something that tastes like it's supposed to, nothing yet.

The Docs told me to try stuff I hate or don't usually eat, but the Misses' cooking still tastes like crap lol
Wishing you all the best, she mightn't be a good cook but she must be very good at other things, thats what has kept me with my missus lol.
Must be hard on her like for yourself, i know too my bro having not well missus, i work, do shopping, cook , clean, laundry etc emotional support we do this because we love our partners unconditionally and hope they can return health wise to as good as they can.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1st world problem....

It's been about 5 weeks now and I still haven't got my taste back, EVERYTHING tastes like bitter, metallic horse shit. I've actually lost 13kgs, which sounds good but not in the "safe zone" for weight, transplant wise.

FFS even water tastes like bitter poison.

I can skull Tabasco and Siracha from the bottle and can't even taste the heat. Plus side is I love freaking out the kids doing that, they think I'm Superman lol
You should do a chilli challenge by eating the Carolina Reaper, the hottest chilli around, and record it on YouTube. Trust me it will go viral!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
got the news yesterday my cousin did himself in, huge shock to the family, no one suspected anything, it goes to show while everything looks normal on the outside, none of us can see whats going on on the inside
its easy to say we need to talk, we need to open up, but when everything looked normal nothing odd or different or changed at home or work it does make you think harder and look deeper to see if you noticed anything different

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You should do a chilli challenge by eating the Carolina Reaper, the hottest chilli around, and record it on YouTube. Trust me it will go viral!
Bro that's exactly what my boy said lol

But with those things, the mouth isn't what you worry about.... lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
got the news yesterday my cousin did himself in, huge shock to the family, no one suspected anything, it goes to show while everything looks normal on the outside, none of us can see whats going on on the inside
its easy to say we need to talk, we need to open up, but when everything looked normal nothing odd or different or changed at home or work it does make you think harder and look deeper to see if you noticed anything different
So sorry to hear that bro. Hope you and the family get through it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this..May he rest in peace. Commiserations to his family and friends.

Not seeing the signs, is exactly why I posted the video on the previous page.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry Sensei, I'll improve Sensei.
Time to say YES to the boy’s voice.. CHILLI TIME.. Get enough viewers and subscribers you can make some money on YouTube.. You could eat all kinds of shit.. fried insects, Durian, bully beef, vegan crap.. You could be the Bearded Eater.. Be great!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Hope you don't say that too loud lol. Could be in big trouble haha.

Lemons? Brussell sprouts?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences man.

Above is why it's important to create positive environments, where we guys feel we can be vulnerable and talk about shit weighing us down.
One thing the girls are far superior at compared to us guys.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope you don't say that too loud lol. Could be in big trouble haha.

Lemons? Brussell sprouts?
Raw ginger, raw chilli, raw mint, even done that covid trick of cooking and eating a whole orange.

Last rejection treatment it only lasted about 2 weeks. Not this time...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Time to say YES to the boy’s voice.. CHILLI TIME.. Get enough viewers and subscribers you can make some money on YouTube.. You could eat all kinds of shit.. fried insects, Durian, bully beef, vegan crap.. You could be the Bearded Eater.. Be great!
You pushed it too far with "vegan"

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you still having steroid treatment.

That could cause the lack of taste. Is your sense of smell affected

Has your GP etc given you any ideas on what you can do to try & get the taste buds working.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I got a ban for 6 months for swearing & telling a mod to go f*** themselves, this is bordering on a permaban.

Last edited: