The "R U OK ?" Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys I was gunna post this in the Music Thread. But heck the message in this song, Holes by Passenger, echoes in the the pages and words in this thread.. We get hit but we get up again and carry on.. Listen up guys..

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTAF.

What the fuck did they do.

Is that why you are still in there.
If anything like my mother, reduce fluid intake due to fluid retention.
The body stores excess fluid for a reason, figuring out why is key to addressing it, not half-arsed measures because they're too lazy to investigate!
Several months later, it's discovered she has an underlying undiagnosed heart condition/failure.
Am arguing with the egg heads almost daily about them potentially killing hers.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
WTAF.

What the fuck did they do.

Is that why you are still in there.
They just pushed the chemo, and the toxic shit and the roids until they literally destroyed them.

Their casual response.... "just drink water to flush them and we'll organise transplants when needed which will be soon"...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus might be a small thing for you normal people but I have lost ALL taste buds for the last 2 weeks and EVERYTHING just tastes like bitter poison, even water.

Can't hold anything down and I'm on 3 cancer nausea tablets a day under the tounge just to keep the poison meds down.

I admit if I didn't have kids I'd be on the way to Cancun now planning to die with a cocaine and tequila loaded death on the beach with the biggest smile on my face.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus might be a small thing for you normal people but I have lost ALL taste buds for the last 2 weeks and EVERYTHING just tastes like bitter poison, even water.

Can't hold anything down and I'm on 3 cancer nausea tablets a day under the tounge just to keep the poison meds down.

I admit if I didn't have kids I'd be on the way to Cancun now planning to die with a cocaine and tequila loaded death on the beach with the biggest smile on my face.
Really sorry to hear you are having such a shit time at the moment. You've been through more than anyone I know and it hasn't stopped you yet. Hang in there mate, praying for you everyday. Surely there must be some good news soon.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Fark. I lost my sense of taste for a few weeks when I had Covid. It was torture. Didn't want to eat because it felt like I was wasting food.

Keep fighting brother. You're too stubborn to give up.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After 12 years of trying, they finally fucked up my kidneys....

Fkn shattered.

Fuck that's tough to deal with bro. Please give me a shout if you want or need anything

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fark. I lost my sense of taste for a few weeks when I had Covid. It was torture. Didn't want to eat because it felt like I was wasting food.

Keep fighting brother. You're too stubborn to give up.
Thanks brother, I know taste of food might be "first world problems" but when it's one of the few pleasures left it hurts.

Plus with me it going to be about a year before any changes as they are keeping my prednisolone at a high level causing the bitter poison taste.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They just pushed the chemo, and the toxic shit and the roids until they literally destroyed them.

Their casual response.... "just drink water to flush them and we'll organise transplants when needed which will be soon"...
Sometimes the medical profession sucks. Some Drs think they are better than others.

I would have lost my shit with that news & would have gone them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh the transplant team is coming around in 30 mins, the ward doctors already warned them I'm angry.
Bloody devastated for you Ed. Hang in there our good man. Those doctors you've built a brilliant relationship with are gonna have a plan. Kennel mates here for you to share and vent with.

Last edited:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I know taste of food might be "first world problems" but when it's one of the few pleasures left it hurts.

Plus with me it going to be about a year before any changes as they are keeping my prednisolone at a high level causing the bitter poison taste.
I'm really sorry to hear all this, brother. The loss of the sense of taste, along with nausea, was the worst for me too. I can relate, a little at least.

I'm a bit lost for words, but hoping that something can be done re the transplant, ASAP. Please keep us informed, but as usual, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.