The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well said 95. So true.
Love all your posts and the added interest in photos etc you bring to TK @Bulldog Wrestler. All the best for your next lot of tests. You make a difference around here.blue & white hearts.
Thank you. I really appreciate it, as always. My mission is to stick around until we have at least one more Premiership to cheer us all up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a mess right now. The dog was feeling crook this morning so I took him to the vet. They inspected his abdomen and asked to leave him for X-rays at 2. Got a call back at 2.45 to come back down. He's apparently got a massive tumour taking up most of his abdomen. Probably in surgery by now to remove it. They were finding a blood donor while they gave me and my housemate some time with him. So I might've seen him for the last time.

He's a 12yo dog who's never had a serious health issue. I've already had many sad moments thinking about his age. Had many dogs I loved but generally you have a chance to mentally prepare when health issues begin. Just have this dread happening that he'd not coming home.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a mess right now. The dog was feeling crook this morning so I took him to the vet. They inspected his abdomen and asked to leave him for X-rays at 2. Got a call back at 2.45 to come back down. He's apparently got a massive tumour taking up most of his abdomen. Probably in surgery by now to remove it. They were finding a blood donor while they gave me and my housemate some time with him. So I might've seen him for the last time.

He's a 12yo dog who's never had a serious health issue. I've already had many sad moments thinking about his age. Had many dogs I loved but generally you have a chance to mentally prepare when health issues begin. Just have this dread happening that he'd not coming home.
Sorry to hear all that mate. Dogs are so special to people, part of the family. I hope it works out OK.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We had to put our girl to sleep at 19 a few years back and put our other boy down last January at 14 which is a great run but still hurts, especially since I didn't get a chance to say goodbye seeing I was in Queensland at the time.

My heart goes out to you Alan. Really hope the surgery worked out and he's OK

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had to put our girl to sleep at 19 a few years back and put our other boy down last January at 14 which is a great run but still hurts, especially since I didn't get a chance to say goodbye seeing I was in Queensland at the time.

My heart goes out to you Alan. Really hope the surgery worked out and he's OK
Thanks Chimpster. Sorry you lost your dogs mate. I still haven't heard from the vets and they should've closed by now. So perhaps he's still in surgery. Coping a bit better at this stage. On the see saw of wanting to hear from the vet and being scared shitless of the call.

Ok mid post the vet rang. He's coming out of anaesthetic ok. He's usually about a 10kg dog. Week and a half ago he was down to 9.5kg, today he was about 8.3. they removed a 1.3kg tumour from his spleen, will test what it is. So he's lost about a third of his weight this week. But he's probably got about a 4 week period before he's well again if he gets through the next 24 hours.

Huge weight lifted knowing he's still with us.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Chimpster. Sorry you lost your dogs mate. I still haven't heard from the vets and they should've closed by now. So perhaps he's still in surgery. Coping a bit better at this stage. On the see saw of wanting to hear from the vet and being scared shitless of the call.

Ok mid post the vet rang. He's coming out of anaesthetic ok. He's usually about a 10kg dog. Week and a half ago he was down to 9.5kg, today he was about 8.3. they removed a 1.3kg tumour from his spleen, will test what it is. So he's lost about a third of his weight this week. But he's probably got about a 4 week period before he's well again if he gets through the next 24 hours.

Mate that's great to hear. I'm m very glad to hear he's still going and I wish him the speediest of recoveries

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Great news bro!

I love animals more than people. Hopefully he is better than ever in 4 weeks!

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that they are always great mates

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Great to hear..recently our Dog had to be put to sleep..at only 6..she had a genetic kidney defect. I know how much you can love your dog. So good to hear this news.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great to hear..recently our Dog had to be put to sleep..at only 6..she had a genetic kidney defect. I know how much you can love your dog. So good to hear this news.
Sorry you lost your girl mate. Most of the dogs I've had have made it to geriatric status when quality of life was the last factor in deciding when to let them go. So it'd be tough having to make that call on a young dog.